Lodging a main application

Old Feb 25th 2006, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

robertq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lodging a main application

Hi everyone

Going by booklet 6 in Additional Documents section (page 17) I have to provide evidence of recent work experience and in case of seeking bonus points for fluency in community languages evidence of equivalent tertiary education and it's ok but all these documents I submitted to Skill Assessment Organisation and of course I have to enclose them to main visa application.
Do I have to double them? It sounds weird a bit, doesn't it?
Especially in case that my assessment app had over 60 pages.
Any suggestions from somebody in similar position very welcome http://britishexpats.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

--
cheers
Old Feb 26th 2006, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

conkishay is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Lodging a main application

Originally Posted by robertq
Hi everyone

Going by booklet 6 in Additional Documents section (page 17) I have to provide evidence of recent work experience and in case of seeking bonus points for fluency in community languages evidence of equivalent tertiary education and it's ok but all these documents I submitted to Skill Assessment Organisation and of course I have to enclose them to main visa application.
Do I have to double them? It sounds weird a bit, doesn't it?
Especially in case that my assessment app had over 60 pages.
Any suggestions from somebody in similar position very welcome http://britishexpats.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

--
cheers
Hi there, You will need to send a copy of everthing that you sent for your skills assessment with your main application even if it was over 60 pages. It,s better to give too much info than not enough. hope that helps.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Red face Re: Lodging a main application

Originally Posted by conkishay
Hi there, You will need to send a copy of everthing that you sent for your skills assessment with your main application even if it was over 60 pages. It,s better to give too much info than not enough. hope that helps.
Yes I know... but I meant - what in case when documents needed to be enclosed to main App are exactly the same documents that I sent to assessment org? There will be two enclosed sets of exactly the same documents. One set as copies sent to assessment org and next set as docs needed to assess my experience and education by DIMA.
That's why I think it's weird...

But maybe I'm wrong about it... maybe it suffice to sent one set of documents (as copies sent to assessment org) and point out that they should take all this information from there???

ufff

--
get bogged in details too much makes people insane
Old Feb 26th 2006, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lodging a main application

Not sure if this helps but are you assuming that assessing body will return your docs to you? And then you would send off all the stuff assessing body returned to you plus another whole copy of everything? If this is the case, I don't think they usually return the docs you sent to them. In any event, you wouldn't need to send 2 copies of exactly the same document to DIMA, just one would be enough. Does this help?
Old Feb 26th 2006, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Lodging a main application

Originally Posted by happymum
Not sure if this helps but are you assuming that assessing body will return your docs to you? And then you would send off all the stuff assessing body returned to you plus another whole copy of everything? If this is the case, I don't think they usually return the docs you sent to them. In any event, you wouldn't need to send 2 copies of exactly the same document to DIMA, just one would be enough. Does this help?
Yes, that's what asked for...
I'm not assuming that assessing body will return my sent docs because they dont do it and of course I have copies of them.
I asked because DIMIA and assessmen body request the same documents and going by booklets 6 it seems like I would have to make another copy.

-
thanks
Old Feb 26th 2006, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

WESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lodging a main application

Originally Posted by robertq
Yes, that's what asked for...
I'm not assuming that assessing body will return my sent docs because they dont do it and of course I have copies of them.
I asked because DIMIA and assessmen body request the same documents and going by booklets 6 it seems like I would have to make another copy.

-
thanks
In the usual course of events, photocopies of the skills assessment documents are sufficient for DIMA. If you are claiming 'community language' points then DIMA will want to see certified true copies of the supporting documentation, even if you have already submitted these as photocopies elsewhere in your application.

When in doubt submit certified true copies.

Best wishes

Westly Russell