Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

letter of offer, does LAFHA have to be on it?

letter of offer, does LAFHA have to be on it?

Old May 7th 2008, 12:24 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all
Default letter of offer, does LAFHA have to be on it?

hi all,
we had a very informative discussion with hubbies prospective employer, the managing director of the company to be exact at 6am this morning, cleared a few bits and pieces up though, but forgot to ask , does the LAFHA have to be on the letter of offer, or does this come on something else , we have the t&c on working agreement but they are sending offer throught the post, hubby has to send it back then they said they start the employer part of the visa application, we do have to do police checks they told us and have our meds, well they said specifically x-rays, as the MD thought they ran out after 3 months, we said we had researched this and the meds last 1yr, he then laughed and said what do i know i am only the MD not the migration agent ,. they did mention LAFHA and said they could do it if we wanted it, we said yes we did , so where does it need to say this, will or should it be on the letter of offer, if it does i think i will e-mail them just to remind them to put it on there.

anyways all that side of things is looking up and we have a school for all 4 children and dont have to pay the $4500 that the govt charge for state schools for each child in NSW, they have said it will cost us $3500-$4000 for all 4 of them so thats a big help being on the 457,

only thing holding us back now is the selling of the house , so send me some karma everyone to help me with this

kind regards
michell
Old May 7th 2008, 2:18 pm

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all
Default Re: letter of offer, does LAFHA have to be on it?

anyone, please

michell
Old May 7th 2008, 10:47 pm

does no one have any idea about my dilemma please
Old May 7th 2008, 11:06 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

No idea about your dilemma. Make sure you check the school charges - the fees are compulsory - just double check and get it in writing, I'd hate for you to be suddenly shocked and hit with a big bill.

Best of luck.
Old May 7th 2008, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by tking
No idea about your dilemma. Make sure you check the school charges - the fees are compulsory - just double check and get it in writing, I'd hate for you to be suddenly shocked and hit with a big bill.

Best of luck.
Hi,
I have a friend that i met on here that is Australian and she phoned the school in question, which i must add is a catholic school and she told them that i would be arriving on a 457 temp visa etc and she specifically asked if we have to pay the govt fees of $4500 per child, they told her no they have their own rates seperate from the govt that they charge, they have agreed to my children enroling in their school and given me the fees i need to pay before enrolling them, they have said they will send this to me in writing so i think maybe catholic schools have their own charges aside from the govt they charge.

michell
Old May 7th 2008, 11:32 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news and very valuable info for anyone on a 457. Good luck with the rest of it!
Old May 7th 2008, 11:59 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michell
hi all,
we had a very informative discussion with hubbies prospective employer, the managing director of the company to be exact at 6am this morning, cleared a few bits and pieces up though, but forgot to ask , does the LAFHA have to be on the letter of offer, or does this come on something else , we have the t&c on working agreement but they are sending offer throught the post, hubby has to send it back then they said they start the employer part of the visa application, we do have to do police checks they told us and have our meds, well they said specifically x-rays, as the MD thought they ran out after 3 months, we said we had researched this and the meds last 1yr, he then laughed and said what do i know i am only the MD not the migration agent ,. they did mention LAFHA and said they could do it if we wanted it, we said yes we did , so where does it need to say this, will or should it be on the letter of offer, if it does i think i will e-mail them just to remind them to put it on there.

anyways all that side of things is looking up and we have a school for all 4 children and dont have to pay the $4500 that the govt charge for state schools for each child in NSW, they have said it will cost us $3500-$4000 for all 4 of them so thats a big help being on the 457,

only thing holding us back now is the selling of the house , so send me some karma everyone to help me with this

kind regards
michell
Hi Michell,

The LAFHA arrangements ought to be in your contract but DIAC will assess you on the non-LAFHA parts of your salary. Also, be careful with the LAFHA, if you sell up in the UK you might find it hard to argue that you've got another home, a lot of labour hire and recruitment agencies and employers have perpetuated the tax fraud that it's automatic, this is not the case. Yes non-government schools have their own fee structures.

cheers,

George Lombard
Old May 8th 2008, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by michell
anyone, please

michell
Hi, if my advice means any thing (as I am as clueless as the next) I made my new new employer put LAFHA in my contract. The reason why I did this is that I read on here that not all employers are obligated to do so, and some get you to go to an accountant at costs etc etc. The way I see it, if they said it wasnt an issue verbally, it shouldnt be a problem for them to put in writing
Old May 8th 2008, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Michell,

Just wanted to congratulate you on your offer of sponsorship n wish you luck n positive vibes thru the process!!

Cheers
Mandy