Leaving job on ENS visa

Old Sep 10th 2009, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

johnokiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leaving job on ENS visa

Hi
To cut a long story short about to resign from the job I got sponsored for for ENS visa after 10mths as it hasn't worked out..
From what I've read actually changing employers aint so much of a problem with the DIAC - but not sure where this puts me visa wise as I will be unemployed (hopefully not too long!) while I look for another job..
Plus - does anyone know whether new employer will have to employ me for specified time etc? as I may have to resort to contract work
It would be good not to have to worry about visa while we try and sort everything!

Cheers Dave
Old Sep 10th 2009, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving job on ENS visa

Isn't ENS a permanent visa? So if you have PR you have PR?
Old Sep 10th 2009, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnokiwi
Hi
To cut a long story short about to resign from the job I got sponsored for for ENS visa after 10mths as it hasn't worked out..
From what I've read actually changing employers aint so much of a problem with the DIAC - but not sure where this puts me visa wise as I will be unemployed (hopefully not too long!) while I look for another job..
Plus - does anyone know whether new employer will have to employ me for specified time etc? as I may have to resort to contract work
It would be good not to have to worry about visa while we try and sort everything!

Cheers Dave
Once you get ENS, you have work and all other rights similar to any other PR visa. Unless you had a bond or agreement of some kind with your employer (who sponsored ENS), in which case you have to settle it with them and DIAC doesnt care about it anyways, you are free to work anywhere else.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 6:25 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by supriyag123
Once you get ENS, you have work and all other rights similar to any other PR visa. Unless you had a bond or agreement of some kind with your employer (who sponsored ENS), in which case you have to settle it with them and DIAC doesnt care about it anyways, you are free to work anywhere else.
Yep, their test is whether a genuine attempt was made to make the employment situation work, after 10 months you shouldnt have a problem, you are PR and free to work for whoever you want to.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

johnokiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by supriyag123
That's what we were hoping to hear! Wd rather not have to involve DIAC -had enough of them when applying for visa!

Cheers Dave