last remaining relative category

Old Mar 13th 2002, 8:31 am
tad
Just Joined

tad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default last remaining relative category

Hi all

Are any of you (like us) applying under this category? Initial application made Feb 2001, logged and acknowledged April 2001.
We seemed to be doing really well, my other half had her medical in Oct 2001. Then at the end of Feb we were told there's a "cap" on the number of visas that will be issued this year.

Now we have no idea of how long this will take and we are naturally feeling disappointed. Anyone else going through this?
Old Mar 14th 2002, 9:05 am
George Lombard

Default Re: last remaining relative category

Hi Tad,

The numbers granted each year are not a secret, but the trick is to get someone at
your processing post to tell you what the annual allocation is and what your queue
date is. Normally all available visas in this kind of category are granted in July as
the pre-queued cases are just disposed of.

cheers

George Lombard

tad wrote in message <[email protected]>...
    >Hi all
    >
    >
    >Are any of you (like us) applying under this category? Initial application made Feb
    >2001, logged and acknowledged April 2001. We seemed to be doing really well, my
    >other half had her medical in Oct 2001. Then at the end of Feb we were told there's
    >a "cap" on the number of visas that will be issued this year.
    >
    >Now we have no idea of how long this will take and we are naturally feeling
    >disappointed. Anyone else going through this?
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 15th 2002, 10:02 am
tad
Just Joined

tad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: last remaining relative category

George

Thanks for your response. I've ascertained that the cap is 2350 visas in LRR category for this year. They are currently dealing dealing with applications with a "queue date" of 20th Dec 2001.

We've been told that our application will be looked at again when the new "year" commences in July.

Our queue date is 25th Feb 2002.

But this still doesn't give any idea of how long it may take, or if there's a logical formula to it all, I can't figure it out!!

Anyway.... in the meantime we'll just grin and bear it here in London, (driving rain, high winds and grey grey grey... blah!)