Landscape gardener needing advice

Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

umbongo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landscape gardener needing advice

I,m looking into moving to aus but as a landscape gardener with no qualifications in this field only experience wondering if anyone has any advice or information.Just about to finish c and g in bricklaying, am i better of in doing that rather than landscaping or gardening.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all
Default Re: Landscape gardener needing advice

look on the oz immigration website for the skills list, see if u r on it. I suspect that you will stand more chance as a bricklayer but you will need work experience as well as qualifications. they recently tightened up on applicants without qualifications coz people were abusing the system.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BATS666
look on the oz immigration website for the skills list, see if u r on it. I suspect that you will stand more chance as a bricklayer but you will need work experience as well as qualifications. they recently tightened up on applicants without qualifications coz people were abusing the system.
thanks for the advice. dont really want to give up the landscaping/gardening as have got my own buissness which is reasonably established but i think your right, other people have said that it would be easier as a bricklayer to get a visa. im just concerned about having to change jobs when the british economy seems to be tightening up so much in case i cant find work to get the neccessary experience.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:37 pm
Account Closed

LeeLee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by umbongo
I,m looking into moving to aus but as a landscape gardener with no qualifications in this field only experience wondering if anyone has any advice or information.Just about to finish c and g in bricklaying, am i better of in doing that rather than landscaping or gardening.
Landscape gardening aint a trade Without a doubt, the best route is to go through as a bricklayer, it's pretty much your only hope. Bare in mind you do have to produce evidence that you meet the Australian standard as a brickie...so take loads of photographs and get references from employers, customers, Accountant, etc. You also have to do a practical after the paper assessment but you will be a long way off that yet. Good luck.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:44 pm
to be or not to be...

bluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by umbongo
It is a pity you haven't got paper qualifications, a couple last night on Richard and Judy are moving to Adelaide, he is a landscape gardener, and set to arrive in June. the skills list will help you and bricklaying should get you what you want.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

ClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really niceClairePM is just really nice

Landscape gardening gets you 60 points on the trades list. It might be worth contacting a Immigration agent for help. You might need to take a full year NVQ course. and as you all ready have the work experience hopefully might be enough with the course. I would definitely check it out though.

Good luck

Claire
Old Jan 31st 2008, 6:48 pm
to be or not to be...

bluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ClairePM
Landscape gardening gets you 60 points on the trades list. It might be worth contacting a Immigration agent for help. You might need to take a full year NVQ course. and as you all ready have the work experience hopefully might be enough with the course. I would definitely check it out though.

Good luck

Claire
I was just thinking the same, that may be the easiest route to go down.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

antmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the rough

i got about 3 yrs all up in landscape gardening and ill admitt i loved it but i didnt bother trying to get a visa with this coz i didnt have no paperwork or proof that ive done it for 3 years.
if however you went to college and got a trade as a bricklayer or painter and decorator do you still need work experience after the course?
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:39 am
to be or not to be...

Originally Posted by antmeister
i got about 3 yrs all up in landscape gardening and ill admitt i loved it but i didnt bother trying to get a visa with this coz i didnt have no paperwork or proof that ive done it for 3 years.
if however you went to college and got a trade as a bricklayer or painter and decorator do you still need work experience after the course?
I would check this out, but I think you need to have the paper work and so much experience.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ClairePM

Good luck

Claire
Cheers for the that. Get a lot of points for landscaper so it would be nice to use. Dont spose you know any good agents that i could get some advice from or do i have to pay and sign up with them.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by antmeister
ive been running my own buissness in landscaping/gardening for four years and could get lots of pictures of previous work and references from happy customers and bank statements ect hopefully this would be the work experience that they would need and that would just leave the qualification which i could start training for this september. if you dont mind asking what trade did you use to go for the visa with
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

antmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the rough

i dont do gardening any more, im ging to get a student visa in a few yrs after i saved up a bit!