176 visa question

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future
Default 176 visa question

Ok so the visa I originally wanted to allpy for no longer exist :curse:

so now I'm looking at the visa: Skilled – Sponsored (subclass 176)

But on the "Skilled - Sponsored Eligibility List" for Victoria for my occupation it states "Demand only in outer Metropolitan areas, and regions outside Melbourne"

So does this mean I can no longer go to the Seaford or Frankston area as planned? Am I limited to where I can settle?
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:27 pm

Ruby slippers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 176 visa question

Originally Posted by bubblegum_babe
Ok so the visa I originally wanted to allpy for no longer exist :curse:

so now I'm looking at the visa: Skilled – Sponsored (subclass 176)

But on the "Skilled - Sponsored Eligibility List" for Victoria for my occupation it states "Demand only in outer Metropolitan areas, and regions outside Melbourne"

So does this mean I can no longer go to the Seaford or Frankston area as planned? Am I limited to where I can settle?
I have a feeling it's just your initial application that you need to state an area. I don't think your held at gun point if you want to live elsewhere. My sis is in Sydney and we may be heading for Brisbane. We're on a 176...waiting..waiting...waiting.
You can always check via Migration agents on their free 10 minute chats they do..if you speak quick enough!