just a quickie!

Old Mar 28th 2008, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default just a quickie!

Just had a look at our letter from agent informing us of visa grant. Can anyone remember what date they changed the citizenship waiting time?
According to our letter the visa was granted on the 2nd July 2007,
Is that still in time to qualify for the 2 year waiting preriod for citizenship or did we miss the deadline and have to wait 5 years.
Makes no difference in the grand scheme of things but youngest would like to go back to UK once he has duel citizenship.
Well he'd go now if he had the choice but i've told him he's got to get his duel passport first.
Thanks in advance
Jackie
Old Mar 28th 2008, 4:08 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just a quickie!

The rules changed at midnight on 30th June 2007 (and you had to have validated your visa by then - not just had it granted, so you were a bit too late for the 2 year rules I believe.

It will be four years from when you validated - assuming you meet the other criteria for residence.

Good luck!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that was the case i told my son i'd ask. I thought it was 5 years so that's 1 year less for him.
thankyou
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:52 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jwood
I thought that was the case i told my son i'd ask. I thought it was 5 years so that's 1 year less for him.
thankyou
OH validated the morning of 1st July 07 - guess what? Too late!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EvannTel
OH validated the morning of 1st July 07 - guess what? Too late!
That's crap isn't it. Mind you if they make an exception for you they'd have to for every one and where could they draw the line?
As i said it's not a problem realy as we don't intend to return to the UK, but never say never.