Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

just lodged visa it says health checks required??

just lodged visa it says health checks required??

Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about
Default just lodged visa it says health checks required??

Hi, does it always say health checks required and visa processing when just lodged visa 175 pr?
I was under the impression i would be emailed and asked to provide documents further down the line?
Debbie
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:55 pm
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice
Default Re: just lodged visa it says health checks required??

Yeah - that's normal
You could front load your meds but I think it's best held off until the CO's are at least a month or two away from your application date - really wish we'd held off, booked ours straight away Up to you when you do them but they're only valid for 12 months and you'd have to validate before they expire.
Good luck
Old Jul 31st 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for your reply, good advice to hold off, i think we will probably wait til new year and then proceed.
Debbie
Old Aug 1st 2008, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Lanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud of

Hi

I would 2nd that advice - we applied on 01/03/08 and are probably going to go and have our medicals sometime next month.

Sarah
Old Aug 1st 2008, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

My only concern is that my son turns 11 in October and at the moment it dosn't request that he has a chest xray! Do they go by their age when application submitted or age at time of visa being issued?
Old Aug 1st 2008, 4:07 pm
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice

I dunno... but it's not that costly on the grand scale of things to bung in an extra x-ray. Had to pay for our 11 year old (12 now). I'd rather pay an extra 80 quid than have to rush out there to validate - which I'm gonna have to do anyway because I rushed at the meds and then got caught up in the backlog
Old Aug 1st 2008, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

dance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to all
Smile Re: just lodged visa it says health checks required??

Originally Posted by Lanners
Hi

I would 2nd that advice - we applied on 01/03/08 and are probably going to go and have our medicals sometime next month.

Sarah
Dear Sarah,

Don't rush into things. I know that you're desperate about it but let your CO asks for it then go for it. Don't you think it's costly to do it again. If yes, then hold on for a while till you get CO. (friendly advise)

Cheers! and best of luck for the remaining of the process.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

dance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jollyswagman
My only concern is that my son turns 11 in October and at the moment it dosn't request that he has a chest xray! Do they go by their age when application submitted or age at time of visa being issued?
Dear jollyswagman,

Their only concerns are with those things which were at the time of lodging the application. Don't worry about what you do later after lodging. They(CO) aren't actually bothered about it but if there is any change which you think they should know, please let them know through COC (change of circumstances) form.

Cheers! and wishing you best of luck!
Old Aug 4th 2008, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

slippery30 will become famous soon enough

visa approved today..

wat a relief!!
Old Aug 4th 2008, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slippery30
visa approved today..

wat a relief!!
CONGRATS
Old Aug 4th 2008, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys for your sound advice, i will wait until meds are requested as you are quite right when you pointed out that it may mean i will have to up and go without much warning when the visa comes through!!
Congratulations to slippery30
Old Aug 4th 2008, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

slippery30 will become famous soon enough

thanks guys....u guys will get visa too...hang in there