Just had Medicals

Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Just had Medicals

Hi all,

I have just had my Medical with my partner and its all good. The doctor was lovely and told us that everything was fine - they checked the X-rays as well. Just got to wait a week for the blood tests to be sent back, but they should be fine (I donate blood anyway).

You really have nothing to worry about, the whole process took about 20-25 mins. I'm just glad its out of the way.

Dont forgoet for all you post July 1st 136 applicants - Xrays, reports and blood tests got to Sydney, not APSC.

Cheers

SS
Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

ozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really nice
Default Re: Just had Medicals

Hi SS,

Can you share with us what they check for in the medicals ? Do they ask you abt pre-existing conditions ? Is there anyway they dont find out abt it ? What all blood tests do they do ?

Please share ..

Thanks !

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi all,

I have just had my Medical with my partner and its all good. The doctor was lovely and told us that everything was fine - they checked the X-rays as well. Just got to wait a week for the blood tests to be sent back, but they should be fine (I donate blood anyway).

You really have nothing to worry about, the whole process took about 20-25 mins. I'm just glad its out of the way.

Dont forgoet for all you post July 1st 136 applicants - Xrays, reports and blood tests got to Sydney, not APSC.

Cheers

SS
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road

Hi SuperSeagalls

Glad to hear your medical went well, good to get it done isn't it?

i called my doc today who did our medical last week and spoke to his secretary. She told me she had just processed our medical info and it was being sent to Sydney by the end of today. What a relief. I was a little worried as we had to get in touch with our own doc for further info regarding anxiety suffered by boyfriend last year. our doc was very helpful and sent the extra info straight away. the doc who did the medical was happy with what she said and its all systems go now. just have to wait for the uk police checks, then everything has gone off. good to get the meds out the way.

by the way i notice you have your timeline details at the bottom of all your posts, how do u do that?
cheers

Hi all,

Cheers

SS

Last edited by threlly; Aug 12th 2004 at 9:12 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Hi threlly,

To get the signature, go into My Forum and then 'Edit Signature'.

So yeah, ity was great greating it out of the way, a real relief. Have you read this thread.....could be very promising indeed (although we have both got to get the bond first).

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248511

Well done about getting everything sorted for your Meds without any problems. Looks like its all systems go, just waiting for your PCC now?

Ozanand2004:
Meds included checks for reflexes (arms and knees), listening to breath sounds, height and weight, ears, eyes, throat, urine test (done there and then for diabetes and hormone levels) and blood test (for HIV and Hep B...the results for this take a week to come back). The doc will also check your X-rays reprot, written by the radiologist, if you did it before the Meds. As for pre-exisiting conditions, yep..you have the opportunity to write them on the form. Hope this helps.

SS
Old Aug 13th 2004, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road

Hi SuperSeagulls,
Thanks for your tips for my timeline. Read the thread below, i dont really believe it, though i really really really hope it is true. I just think that now the meds have gone i wont hear anything until late december/early january, hope i am wrong though.
cheers

Hi threlly,

To get the signature, go into My Forum and then 'Edit Signature'.

So yeah, ity was great greating it out of the way, a real relief. Have you read this thread.....could be very promising indeed (although we have both got to get the bond first).

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248511

Well done about getting everything sorted for your Meds without any problems. Looks like its all systems go, just waiting for your PCC now?

Ozanand2004:
Meds included checks for reflexes (arms and knees), listening to breath sounds, height and weight, ears, eyes, throat, urine test (done there and then for diabetes and hormone levels) and blood test (for HIV and Hep B...the results for this take a week to come back). The doc will also check your X-rays reprot, written by the radiologist, if you did it before the Meds. As for pre-exisiting conditions, yep..you have the opportunity to write them on the form. Hope this helps.

SS
Old Aug 13th 2004, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Me too :-)
Old Aug 13th 2004, 4:40 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Just had Medicals

Hi SS,
Good news your medicals are done!!!
What type of visa have you applied for and where are heading in Oz???
Good luck!!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi there,

I have applied 136 skilled independent, most probably gonna go to Sydney for a bit and take it from there.

SS