Job Ready Test Info

Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Job Ready Test Info

I might be going against the flow but I find it patronising when someone tells me be thankful you are in Oz waiting for PR. Well with these changes we may never get PR. We have then given up everything in the UK - house, car blah blah blah and spent a fortune on fees for this that and the other over recent months. Which may be for nothing.

I find these sort of comments completely unhelpful.

Oooh and I don't need someone to tell me that "I knew what I was getting into beforehand crap".
Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you. No point me being here waiting if I am going to have to fly back to the UK soon. It is of no comfort to me at all. No comfort knowing that if they had changed it a week or two later I could stay.
Knowing I gave up a great job in the UK, and have spent about $35k so far, not to mention the loss of earnings over that time.

Most of all, no comfort knowing I could very well have to leave what has become home to me. I love it here, I never want to go back, but I might have to, all because I didn't buy my work hours and did it all properly!
Old Jan 6th 2010, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
I agree with you. No point me being here waiting if I am going to have to fly back to the UK soon. It is of no comfort to me at all. No comfort knowing that if they had changed it a week or two later I could stay.
Knowing I gave up a great job in the UK, and have spent about $35k so far, not to mention the loss of earnings over that time.

Most of all, no comfort knowing I could very well have to leave what has become home to me. I love it here, I never want to go back, but I might have to, all because I didn't buy my work hours and did it all properly!
To be fair, I find these comment patronising! I know a lot of students on this route and all of have worked extremely hard to get where they are and I don't know of any who have 'bought' their hours. I don't think you are the only one to have worked for their hours.
Last year when things were tough for students we a thread showing our frustration with the system only to have comments of how negative we were, yourself included. It is a tough way to get PR but hopefully it will all work out in the end.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kingseat
I might be going against the flow but I find it patronising when someone tells me be thankful you are in Oz waiting for PR. Well with these changes we may never get PR. We have then given up everything in the UK - house, car blah blah blah and spent a fortune on fees for this that and the other over recent months. Which may be for nothing.

I find these sort of comments completely unhelpful.

Oooh and I don't need someone to tell me that "I knew what I was getting into beforehand crap".
I find all the changes very frustrating, but i accept that we had nothing to offer Australia (other than being good people with a young family etc, etc. . .). We did not buy our hours, and have the positive skills assessment, but the changes have came in and it won't count.

BUT. . . i find it even more frustrating when students come on here giving the this is so wrong and not fair pitch!! I find that negative and unhelpfull!! We all DID know what we were getting in to. . .its a 'side' door entry into the country!! It's a pain in the arse, but at the end of the day, the government can do whatever the hell they like!!

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students-gsm.htm

Cheers
Mandy
Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I have spoken to TRA again this morning. The contracts issue is currently under review and an announcement will be made shortly on their webiste.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mandyp
I find all the changes very frustrating, but i accept that we had nothing to offer Australia (other than being good people with a young family etc, etc. . .). We did not buy our hours, and have the positive skills assessment, but the changes have came in and it won't count.

BUT. . . i find it even more frustrating when students come on here giving the this is so wrong and not fair pitch!! I find that negative and unhelpfull!! We all DID know what we were getting in to. . .its a 'side' door entry into the country!! It's a pain in the arse, but at the end of the day, the government can do whatever the hell they like!!

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students-gsm.htm

Cheers
Mandy

Yes Mandy, I know we all knew what we were getting into. Come back to me when they make changes that leave you with no alternative but to go home and may be then you'll understand how some of us feel.

I don't want this thread to end up being a battle but one where we can share information once we've got answers so I'll leave it there.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

bluesgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I know quite a few who have gotten fraudulent work papers either directly or indirectly....!And the rule change has been pretty unfair and no ones what will change in another 6 mths or a year, by when we wouldn't even be eligible to apply coz of the TRA thing...so what do we do...ok we get a job n work but wat if hairdressing or cookery if off the list by then...so we have our hands tied...if we could atleast write to the minister and have him review the rules , which is far fetched, aybe they can make some changes..! who knows!
Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Yes Mandy, I know we all knew what we were getting into. Come back to me when they make changes that leave you with no alternative but to go home and may be then you'll understand how some of us feel.

I don't want this thread to end up being a battle but one where we can share information once we've got answers so I'll leave it there.
The people who I feel for are those who are in that situation right now. . ie those who have completed their graduate year already. Everyone else here as far as I see, has time on there side till everything gets ironed out and to do whatever we need to do. I am a positive person well aware of the risks involved, we have spent every pennny we brought over, gave up secure and good jobs, left a happy life, bla,bla, if we don't get to stay then I ain't gonna be happy, but that's the risk. Do not patronize me about where I'm at!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Jan 6th 2010, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

Chill everyone,

Everyone caught out yet again by these changes is hurting and angry, just as we were 2 years ago. Had to pay out loads more $'s to stay and study more, which with only 3 weeks to organise,( useless agents fault, not ours) before the visa ran out was manic. So do really understand, and not safe yet after 4 years here 3 years study + nearly 1 year 885 applied for, and if the occupation is taken off the skills list where do you stand, if you have already applied?
The best possible route is publicity, contact tv papers etc, but as perhaps an organised group, as well as individuals. Contact all the other web sites to get more support. Might not help, but at least you will feel you are trying. Point out the loss of revenue for colleges, Taffes and Universities, if loads of prospective international students decide to study elsewhere. Colleges etc. should be worried for future redundancies if the numbers drop.
Make a lot of noise and get the colleges etc. to do the same.
Good luck
Old Jan 6th 2010, 11:53 am
Just Joined

odracir is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Job Ready Test Info

I tried to apply for the provisional skills assessment through the on line application but I think there is an error on the programming of the website.
It's about the IELTS validity. I know it's not a problem for most of the people here.
My current IELTS will expire on next month and I was told by a TRA person that I can use it at least for the first stage of the process. However when you fill out this details on the application, the system pops up a message saying: "Your IELTS will expire before the end of the job ready program.", not allowing to submit the application for assessment.

Im waiting for someone from TRA calls me back giving me a solution for this little issue.

For the ones who did the IELTS test to be accepted on your course, get ready! You will have to do one more (-$310 on your pocket)

Last edited by odracir; Jan 6th 2010 at 11:56 am.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambo76
To be fair, I find these comment patronising! I know a lot of students on this route and all of have worked extremely hard to get where they are and I don't know of any who have 'bought' their hours. I don't think you are the only one to have worked for their hours.
I didn't say anywhere at all that anyone here had cheated the system, but people HAVE, which is why this is all coming in, to stop it. And I, and many other have been messed up because of these selfish people.

Of course I know how hard everyone on here has worked, but I have also seen people cheating the system and getting away with it. Of course that should be stopped, but this is stopping this route in for many others of us too.

Funnily enough, on my way home from work today there was some politition talking about the violence on Indian students, and urging people to change their attitudes to international students as they bring so much money into the country. I am going to try to find this womans name (forgot it) and e-mail her, as keeping students here is obviously something she realises Australia needs.

I wonder how many people are pulling out of starting courses for next month because of all these changes??????
Old Jan 6th 2010, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

canadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nicecanadiangal75 is just really nice

this may sound really dumb, but we should all fly to Bali and come in on a row boat. Obviously going thru the hoops and paying the money doesn't get us anywhere. We are legitimate people who are here to work and spend our money in Australia. I am not here to go on unemployment or gain anything financially from the government!
Old Jan 6th 2010, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

But who do you write to to advise of our concerns, anger, frustration etc?
Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

sofia16 is an unknown quantity at this point

But who do you write to to advise of our concerns, anger, frustration etc?
I think somebody should write a petition and everyone can sign it. Is there any volunteer? My english is not as good it's not my mother language.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well, I don't mind organising something so if you are interested in taking a complaint further by a few of us then send me a PM.

We can then all try and agree on a relevant wording without it being a slanging match.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.