Job Ready Test Info

Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:28 pm
MicheleandBarry

MicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really nice
Default Re: Job Ready Test Info

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Some additional information I have found that may be of help:

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/nationalint...htm#transcript

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/nationalint...htm#transcript

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/nationalint...ut/default.htm

These are transcripts from a radio show. The presenter Peter Mares seems very much on "our side". I like some others have sent an email to him.

Next is Julia Gillard who is a Government Minister. She looks after DEEWR who in turn looks after TRA. She is also the deputy prime minister.

Here are her contact details:

http://www.aph.gov.au/house/members/member.asp?id=83L

There is also a facebook group that has been set up

http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?....3956288604..1

If you want the link to the website where I got all of this information, please feel free to drop me a PM.
Good on ya hun!
Nice one posting these links, I had a case off square eyes last night after all them emails, was gonna put them on today,
Saved me a job, just gonna email Gillard, cant remember if i sent her one, but hey hoo another wont hurt!!
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:42 am
MicheleandBarry

MicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really nice

shameless bump!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:00 am
Just Joined

028 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Well, I don't mind organising something so if you are interested in taking a complaint further by a few of us then send me a PM.

We can then all try and agree on a relevant wording without it being a slanging match.
Hi:
I think this is a good idea,I'm an international student from China,found this forum randomly,I think all the international students who are effected by the new JRT policy should be united to fight our rights.If there is an organizer to do the petition thing,I can go on the community forum I normally go to and spread the word out.there are over 100 thou international tafe students in OZ,maybe each of us donate $10,we can pay for a good lawyer?i dun know,someone organize plz!unite together!!
we made our decision based on the policy then,what if we spend 5g to do JRT and the SOL changes again?and 5g is not cheap.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

t_brar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 028
Hi:
I think this is a good idea,I'm an international student from China,found this forum randomly,I think all the international students who are effected by the new JRT policy should be united to fight our rights.If there is an organizer to do the petition thing,I can go on the community forum I normally go to and spread the word out.there are over 100 thou international tafe students in OZ,maybe each of us donate $10,we can pay for a good lawyer?i dun know,someone organize plz!unite together!!
we made our decision based on the policy then,what if we spend 5g to do JRT and the SOL changes again?and 5g is not cheap.

i am ready. if we all get together and we can ask for appontment with immigration minister...
Old Jan 27th 2010, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

bluesgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

by the way..where is everybody(those who have been active on this forum) located in australia?
Old Jan 27th 2010, 3:52 am
Just Joined

t_brar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bluesgirl
by the way..where is everybody(those who have been active on this forum) located in australia?
i am in sydney.. hey blues girl, do you get any updates for our case. i am trying to talk with everyone but did'nt got any results.. did you apply for job ready program or not yet??
Old Jan 27th 2010, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

bluesgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I am yet to see my agent. He said to come back in about 2-4 weeks. will update then. I haven't applied for the program yet coz TRA was supposed to update its website for those who already have their TRA to have the provisional assessment waived. Am not sure if I should register now or wait until something happens. And I have only a year on my TR now. Am so confused and of course frustrated. And then the big issue of gettin a job per TRA regulations. ..!
Old Jan 28th 2010, 12:56 am
Just Joined

any updates?
i really think all international students should work this together
Old Jan 28th 2010, 1:49 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Just a short note to say that the MIA has released some further information about TRA procedures which I think will ease some of the concerns which applicants are feeling.

As follows:

The full details of the four stages of the Job Ready Program are still being finalised by TRA, and a fuller report of these will be sent to members as soon as we receive further clarification from TRA. Some details we do have about Stage 1, the Provisional Skills Assessment, are:
• Amount of work experience: two days per week for six months. TRA will be flexible about this and look at it on a case-by-case basis. It could be work on a regular basis or in holiday periods.
• Work as part of a course (for example, industry placement) can be counted towards the requirement, providing it is in a commercial environment.
• Overseas work experience does not count – must be in an Australian workplace.
• Unpaid work can be counted, providing this was legally conducted.
• Level of work experience expected is at about the 1st/2nd year apprentice level. For example, work as a kitchen hand may be counted for a skills assessment as a cook. A range and variety of tasks is the important thing.
• IELTS results up to 2 years old can be submitted.
• For old system TRA assessments, you would provide the old assessment and IELTS results. In this case, you would lodge electronically and the fee would be waived
See also: TRA website: http://send.fatpublisher.com.au/t/y/...du/dujllktyr/j

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jan 28th 2010, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 028
any updates?
i really think all international students should work this together
Have also heard from a friend who's agent told them to sit tight for a couple of weeks.

I'm assuming there are various meetings and negotiations taking place . . .

I'm thinking that it will be extensions to graduate visa's and stuff though as I've also heard that the 'Job ready Program' is here to stay for the next couple of years anyway. Only thing that will change things will be if they start to see a decrease in $$ from the international student industry.

Cheers
Mandy
Old Jan 28th 2010, 2:44 am
Just Joined

odracir is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Job Ready Test Info

Originally Posted by George Lombard
• IELTS results up to 2 years old can be submitted...

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George,
Could you please make it clearer about IELTS up to 2 years old can be submitted?
My IELTS (7.0) is expiring on 08/02/10 and because of this expiring date I was not able to apply for the provisional skills stage.

I had everything ready on the 1st week of January. I filled out the TRA online application, made the payment and when I clicked on SUBMIT button, I got the message "Your test will expire before the end of the Job Ready Migration Program. You must have a current and valid IELTS test result for the duration of this program". Then I couldnt finalize the application.

So, the system took the payment of my account and I had to rush to make a new IELTS test (-$310 on my pockets) on 23rd January and then waiting for the results to re apply again.

I called TRA and I said that my IELTS was still valid but the website wouldnt let me to finalize the application...The guy just said very dry, you need a new IELTS test.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 4:17 am
Just Joined

so i guess we can only wait and see whats coming now.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

sofia16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope the best!
Old Jan 28th 2010, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I don't often swear but FFS why didn't they clearly print all of these changes properly from the outset. Not 4 weeks down the line. Fools running that place.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

ishala23 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, dear all,
I just checked this information as below on TRA web. I'm still so confused . what is "acknowlegement letter"? My application were recvied on 16/12/2009, until now my status on the website still shows " awaiting assesemnt", It took near 6 weeks, I still havn't got the result yet...
I'm just wondering is TRA assessing my old application????
or do I have to apply through the new system again???

Tks in advance...

What if I am waiting on my TRA Migration Skills Assessment?People with an application for a TRA Migration Skills Assessment which has not yet been finalised (applications were received until 31 December 2009) may be subject to the new arrangements.

If you have a TRA acknowledgement letter about receipt of your application for skills assessment and applied for permanent migration before 1 January 2010 and your application to TRA is successful you will not be subject the new arrangements.
If you have a TRA acknowledgement letter about receipt of your application for skills assessment and did not apply for permanent migration before 1 January 2010 you must apply for a skills assessment under the Job Ready Program if you wish to apply for permanent migration from within Australia.
If you do not have a TRA acknowledgement letter about receipt of your application for skills assessment you must apply for a skills assessment under the Job Ready Program if you wish to apply for permanent migration from within Australia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.