Job applied what`s next. Help with DIMA

Old Apr 25th 2002, 7:30 pm
Matthias Weiman

Default Job applied what`s next. Help with DIMA

Hi all,

after a lot of trouble with ACS my skill assessment is done by TRA. I`m Electrical
Engineering Technician 3123-13 and I think this will be 40 points. With 40 points I
have no chance. I have a brother living in Tasmania and he will sponsor me. I really
don`t know what to do now. Here is what I think: Is the category "Skilled -
Designated Area Sponsored" ? I thought there was also something like Family sponsored
? And what do I need ?
- Skill assessment. Is that the classification from TRA ?
- Proof of age: I`m 29 so I think thats ok
- Proof of English: I have done the IELTS so that`s ok
- Proof of your sponsor, that`s an extra form? Is there a minimum of money he
must earn?
- Proof of relationship. No problem, he`s my brother, birth certificate
- Assurance of support ? What`s that, can this also be my brother ? And an extra form
- Proof of recent skilled employment or Australian qualification. Is that also TRA ?

And also the basic requirements. I have only 18 month of work experience`and the
basic requirement is 24, but I think that`s ok, because there is also said, for
Skilled - des. area spon. you only need 12 month.

And I think designated area is right because of Tasmania.

And a question to the money this will cost. I have to pay $1125 for myself and is
there something to pay for my wife ?? And then I have to pay $3500 for me and $1500
for my wife as an Assurance of Support bond ??

It would be great if you can help me with this question because I have waited 6 month
until my job was assessd and now it`s only Electrical Engineering Technician ( But
I hope with my brother as sponsor I can start anyway.

Thank you very much Matz

Old Apr 25th 2002, 7:52 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job applied what`s next. Help with DIMA

hI
I KNOW FOR SKILLED INDEPENDENT ROUT THERE IS 1 VISA FEE...FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY...WE HAVE 3 CHILDREN TOO AND THEYRE INCLUDED

sORRY I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE REST

YVONNE
Old Apr 25th 2002, 9:59 pm
ndaltonb

Matthias,

I'll try to answer as best I can but I am no expert. You may need expert help

[b]- Skill assessment. Is that the classification from TRA ?[-b]
I think so.

[b]- Proof of your sponsor, that`s an extra form? Is there a minimum of money he must earn?[b]
Yes there definately is a seperate form (Form 40).
About minimum amount of money, see Assurance of Support.

[b]- Assurance of support ? What`s that, can this also be my brother ? And an extra form[b[
Yes this is also a seperate form (Form 28) and yes they do have to be earning a minimum amount.
I'm afraid I don't know what this minimum amount is but is should be on the DIMA web site? It is on the front of From 28 as it depends on haw many children you have.
By the way, this can be anyone who will stand assurance for. Doesn't have to be your brother.

Hope this helps, but please check it out.

Nigel db

Old Apr 26th 2002, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

pott is an unknown quantity at this point

ummmmmm, have you tried asking an agent, may be able to give you some basic pointers over the phone .Worth a try.

Good luck - let us know how things go.
Old Apr 26th 2002, 8:30 am
Matthias Weiman

> >I have a brother living in Tasmania and he will sponsor me.
    > Provided he is an Australian citizen or PR.
Yes he is. you must be 44 or less.

>- Proof of English: I have done the IELTS so that`s ok
    > As long as you scored 5.0 or more in all 4 components.
7 or 7.5 point in all components

>- Proof of your sponsor, that`s an extra form? Is there a minimum of money he must
> earn? Yes on both counts. Information is on the DIMA website (I think forms 40
> and 28) or in the Skilled Migration Booklet.
ok. I have to read it. There is said, that he must have earned about 37.000$ in each
of the last 2 years. I have to check this

>- Proof of recent skilled employment or Australian qualification. Is that
    > >also TRA ?
    > Your TRA assessment is not an Australian qualification. You need to prove the baisc
    > skilled work experience requirement.

>And also the basic requirements. I have only 18 month of work
experience`and
    >the basic requirement is 24, but I think that`s ok, because there is also said, for
    >Skilled -
des.
    >area spon. you only need 12 month. That's correct. But they are quite strict on
    >the work experience, if it's only 11 months you will be rejected. If your skill
    >assessment has a 'deeming date' then the work experience must be after that date
    >to count.
I`m now 18 month working and before I was at school. So that`s ok.

>
    >And a question to the money this will cost. I have to pay $1125 for myself and is
    >there something to pay for my wife ?? Your wife goes on the same application form
    >and fee. But unless she can prover her English language skills too (a band score of
    >4.5 on IELTS) there will be a second instalment - payable just before visa grant -
    >of A$2380. This will go towards English lessons in Australia.
She also has the IELTS with 7 points
    >
    >And then I have to pay $3500 for me and $1500 for my wife as an Assurance
of
    >Support bond ?? Normally the assurer puts that up, but you may need to give the
    >assuer the money. It's refundable after 2 years provided you don't claim welfare in
    >that time.
That`s good news. So I get the money back if I don`t need welfare that time.
That`s great.

Thank you very, very much so far. I check the details with my brother and hopefully I
can start my application soon.

Matz