Stitched up by the doctor

Old Apr 23rd 2002, 11:30 am
Thunder Ace

Default Stitched up by the doctor

Hi gang,

Had to tell this one.

We sent our medicals a couple of weeks back. The doctor told we had to send them
ourselves even thought the guidance ntoes dais he would do
it. No problem with that though. He also said that because the radiologists report
was clear, there was no need to send the x-rays, that we should keep them
ourselves. My wife got home yesterday to find a letter from Adelaide. Of course
she thinks this is it, it's either a pre-grant letter or one telling us to sling
our hooks. Instead, it actually asked for the x-rays, said they couldn't evaluate
or medicals without them. #*!c!!* crap advice from the doctor and another couple
of weeks wasted. Why didn't he just keep his mouth shut?

Have a nice day now

Thunder Ace

Old Apr 23rd 2002, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

shamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stitched up by the doctor

The exact same thing hapened to us. We recieved the same advice from our doc only to be told by the DIMA to send the film,
although look at it this way, at least they are processing your application unlike alot of poor sods out there.

Out of interest when did you originally apply?

Cheers
shamer
Old Apr 23rd 2002, 1:15 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Hi All,

I wonder if this is a new thing about sendng x-rays to Adelaide. We applied to London and were told by our doctor to keep them in a safe place. We have never been asked for them and have now got our visas in our passports.

Susan
Old Apr 23rd 2002, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Claire is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Like Susan, we still have our x-rays. We sent the medical forms to our agent ourselves in June last year. We have now been approved (applied Nov 2000) and have never been asked for them.

Claire
Old Apr 23rd 2002, 4:29 pm

@boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default x

x

Last edited by @boy; Mar 5th 2003 at 3:00 am.
Old Apr 23rd 2002, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

bevo is an unknown quantity at this point

We did the same thing. The doctor told us we did not need to send the x-rays, but the letter from DIMA said to send them. We decided to play it safe and send them anyway.
Seems as though things have changed and someone needs to let the doctors know.
Hope the next letter you get will bring good news.
Old Apr 23rd 2002, 9:30 pm
Jason

It looks as if this is happening alot. I also was told by my doctor that i should
keep my X-Rays and frame them if i wanted. Three weeks later i got a message that i
needed to send my X-Rays to Adelaide.....

Old Apr 23rd 2002, 10:00 pm
Jaj

It looks like it may be a new policy on Adelaide's part. London certainly never used
to ask for X-rays as a matter of routine, if the x-ray report was clear.

Jeremy

>On 23 Apr 2002 13:42:33 -0700, [email protected] (Jason) wrote:

>It looks as if this is happening alot. I also was told by my doctor that i should
    >keep my X-Rays and frame them if i wanted. Three weeks later i got a message that i
    >needed to send my X-Rays to Adelaide.....

Old Apr 24th 2002, 3:30 am
Cato

Interesting -- the doctor who did my xray's back in 1998 kept the original and sent
out the copied ones to Oz when I was applying for Prospective Spouse Visa -- then I
received a letter stating they needed the ORIGINAL xray's, so I had to chase it up at
the hospital where I had them done and got them sent out. Really wasted a few weeks
of it. Surprised that it's still happening these days, thought they'd have wisen up
by now. Oh well. It's the least of my worries these days anyhow! *grin* The only
thing left I have to do is apply for citizenship which will be happening in a few
months or so.

Dawn

"Thunder Ace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi gang,
    >
    > Had to tell this one.
    >
    > We sent our medicals a couple of weeks back. The doctor told we had to send them
    > ourselves even thought the guidance ntoes dais he would do
    > it. No problem with that though. He also said that because the radiologists report
    > was clear, there was no need to send the x-rays, that we should keep them
    > ourselves. My wife got home yesterday to find a letter from Adelaide. Of course
    > she thinks this is it, it's either a pre-grant letter or one telling us to
    > sling our hooks. Instead, it actually asked for the x-rays, said they couldn't
    > evaluate or medicals without them. #*!c!!* crap advice from the doctor and
    > another couple of weeks wasted. Why didn't he just keep his mouth shut?
    >
    > Have a nice day now
    >
    > Thunder Ace

Old Apr 24th 2002, 9:30 am
Thunder Ace

shamer <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > The exact same thing hapened to us. We recieved the same advice from our doc only
    > to be told by the DIMA to send the film, although look at it this way, at least
    > they are processing your application unlike alot of poor sods out there.
    >
    > Out of interest when did you originally apply?
    >
    > Cheers shamer

Late January this year. Iknow it's been a relatively quick process, but I would
have had the visa by now if it wasn't for setbacks like this. My worry (unfounded I
know) is that something will change in the process that causes the application to
be rejected.

Interesting too note that I am not the only one to be given the same wrong advice.

Thunder Ace

Old Apr 24th 2002, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Our doctor also told us to keep our x-rays, but we decided to send them anyway to be on the safe side. He told us at the time that he could see nothing abnormal. He also rang us a week later to assure us that nothing abnormal was detected in the blood tests. Now DIMIA have insisted on a "health undertaking" for my husband, whereby he has to report to a hospital within 4 weeks of arrival for further tests. When we queried this they said they are not able to disclose the reasons why. So now we are wondering 1) what the heck has he got wrong with him, 2) how come the doctor didn't pick it up at the medical and 3) what implications this will have when looking at private medical insurance?
Old Apr 24th 2002, 1:30 pm
George Lombard

Just to confirm that Adelaide is asking for x-rays, but not for all clients. We have
assumed that it has something to do with the language of the radiological report, but
will investigate if prompted. Still waiting for feedback on the Adelaide survey on
the skilled migration booklet if anyone wants to participate. Deadline tomorrow.

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au

Old Apr 25th 2002, 3:30 pm
Thunder Ace

[email protected] wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Has anyone though of trying to contact DIMA/Australia House or any other office to
    > tell them about this?
    >

Yes, I plan to e-mail the case officer today, simply to point out that the x-rays
were omitted on the advice of the doctor. It might not do any good, but sometimes
this sort of approach makes a difference.

Thunder Ace

> I wouldn't expect them to read this forum, so talking about this here won't
    > help much.
    >
    > I'll try to find a link in DIMA and tell them about it but if you can think of
    > another way then please do, so others don't go through the same ordeal.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > --Amos
    >
    > "cato" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected] u>...
    > > Interesting -- the doctor who did my xray's back in 1998 kept the original and
    > > sent out the copied ones to Oz when I was applying for Prospective Spouse Visa --
    > > then I received a letter stating they needed the ORIGINAL xray's, so I had to
    > > chase it up at the hospital where I had them done and got them sent out. Really
    > > wasted a few weeks of it. Surprised that it's still happening these days, thought
    > > they'd have wisen up by now. Oh well. It's the least of my worries these days
    > > anyhow! *grin* The only thing left I have to do is apply for citizenship which
    > > will be happening in a few months or so.
    > >
    > > Dawn
    > >
    > > "Thunder Ace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Hi gang,
    > > >
    > > > Had to tell this one.
    > > >
    > > > We sent our medicals a couple of weeks back. The doctor told we had to send
    > > > them ourselves even thought the guidance ntoes dais he would do
    > > > it. No problem with that though. He also said that because the radiologists
    > > > report was clear, there was no need to send the x-rays, that we should keep
    > > > them ourselves. My wife got home yesterday to find a letter from Adelaide.
    > > > Of course she thinks this is it, it's either a pre-grant letter or one
    > > > telling us to sling our hooks. Instead, it actually asked for the x-rays,
    > > > said they couldn't evaluate or medicals without them. #*!c!!* crap advice
    > > > from the doctor and another couple of weeks wasted. Why didn't he just keep
    > > > his mouth shut?
    > > >
    > > > Have a nice day now
    > > >
    > > > Thunder Ace

Old Apr 26th 2002, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Just to add my bit, we applied through London in Jan 2001, we were called for our medicals/police checks about 4 weeks ago.

We had our medicals and x-rays and were told there were no problems, I was expecting them to be posted to us, but after a week we received a letter saying that both medicals and x-rays had been sent to London.

Police checks were submitted over a week ago but so far we've heard nothing.

Chris.