January Applicants

Old Feb 28th 2007, 1:29 am
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: January Applicants

Originally Posted by rmac
Hi Andrea, Where did you book your meds? Thats a great price!! We have priced to get them done in Glasgow and comes to nearly £1000 for 2 adults and 2kids!!!!!RhonaX

Hey Rhona did you read the posts about the glasgow doc she doesn't get a very good press!!

Anyway for the xrays we are off to perth royal infirmary as xrays are only £46.93 each as oppossed to £77 each at BUPA edinburgh (saving of £60.14 altogether!!)

For our medicals we are going to Bonnyrigg health centre.

Adult medical is £100 each adult (including satndard bloods! £25 if any extra needed, i.e. if your a nurse, Dr etc...) £50 each child.

Total = £393.86 What a great price eh! It really pays to phone around!! Perth dr wanted £150 each per adult for medical

Lets just hope they don't find anything wrong

Axx
Old Feb 28th 2007, 1:35 am
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by estherg
Andrea,
Thats a fab price!!!, was going to frontload medicals but everyone in my house cant get rid off this cold bug. Going await a few more weeks!!!Still trying to get house ready for going on sale. Good luck with your dissertation.
Estherg x
Hope you all feel better soon Estherg, Its awful when your all ill nothing worse eh! Good luck with getting the house ready, hope it goes quickly! at least thats one hassle we don't have as we've decided to just release the capital from the house, increase the mortgage and rent it out.

Anyway should get back to my dissertation

Axx
Old Feb 28th 2007, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

emmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really nice

Thanks Tasha! Hope yours comes through quickly too.

See you at the Guildford meet!
Deb x
Old Feb 28th 2007, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 4Reids
Hi Jen,

I have coloured you red. Hope you get the confusion sorted soon. Best of luck.

Tasha x
Oops again!
Attached Files
File Type: doc
JANUARY VISA APPLICATIONS.doc (111.0 KB, 65 views)
Old Feb 28th 2007, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

emmakc1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Completely unrelated but thought I would share my misery with my fellow emigrators! My littleun, who turned 4 on Sunday has had a really nasty sickness bug (since Sunday night!!!!). When is it going to end I cry as the washing machine does yet another cycle of vomit covered bed sheets....

I've also had a really bad day today - the morning started badly after having little sleep last night, today is my first day back at work since the weekend due to a vomitting child. I arrive at the train station where I find that the donuts at Southwest Trains have decided to wind up the commuters by putting on a short train - of course I can't get on it so I wait in the howling rain for a further 15 minutes (with no umbrella - don't ask) for the next train. I finally get on and am unable to get a seat so have to stand all the way into waterloo.

I finally get into work, get a rollocking cos I'm getting close to deadlines and realise I have forgotten my lunch and my wallet! Then whilst getting water from the machine I manage to smash my favourite Coke glass (pinched it one drunken night on honeymoon)

I could go on but I'm probably boring everyone to death!!!! Anyway, the only thing that has kept me going today (especially when standing on the freezing cold platform) is that one day soon I'll be in Oz and will never have to commute again!

Sorry guys if I've bought you all down to my miserable depths of despair - on the bright side, it'll be bed time soon and my son hasn't puked all day
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

The howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by emmakc1977
Completely unrelated but thought I would share my misery with my fellow emigrators! My littleun, who turned 4 on Sunday has had a really nasty sickness bug (since Sunday night!!!!). When is it going to end I cry as the washing machine does yet another cycle of vomit covered bed sheets....

I've also had a really bad day today - the morning started badly after having little sleep last night, today is my first day back at work since the weekend due to a vomitting child. I arrive at the train station where I find that the donuts at Southwest Trains have decided to wind up the commuters by putting on a short train - of course I can't get on it so I wait in the howling rain for a further 15 minutes (with no umbrella - don't ask) for the next train. I finally get on and am unable to get a seat so have to stand all the way into waterloo.

I finally get into work, get a rollocking cos I'm getting close to deadlines and realise I have forgotten my lunch and my wallet! Then whilst getting water from the machine I manage to smash my favourite Coke glass (pinched it one drunken night on honeymoon)

I could go on but I'm probably boring everyone to death!!!! Anyway, the only thing that has kept me going today (especially when standing on the freezing cold platform) is that one day soon I'll be in Oz and will never have to commute again!

Sorry guys if I've bought you all down to my miserable depths of despair - on the bright side, it'll be bed time soon and my son hasn't puked all day
You poor sod, sounds like a sh** day.
We have also had one of those days recently with our son, oh joy!!

I've just been looking at the Jan list and were getting a bit worried.
Just about everyone on the list has had acknowledgment, we sent our application off on the 29th.

We sent ours by signed for international(royal mail), and we have just found out you cant track it when its gets to Oz, so I hope it hasn't been lost!

Why didn't we send it by DHL!

Did anyone else send theirs by royal mail signed for international?

Cheers

Justin
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

robowen will become famous soon enoughrobowen will become famous soon enough

Hi, We would like to be added to your list ..if we may !

Main applicant my wife ( nurse) 136 skilled independant modl.
Me - plumber. 3 kids, 11,6, and 4.
ack date 18th jan 2007.
Visa money taken 15th Feb 2007
House not on market yet.
Will be having medicals in a week or two....not been asked yet, but will do them in advance along with police checks and frontload them ? send them early...is that what that means ??
Heading to the gold coast hopefully.

Thats it...Thanks, and good luck to everyone !
Rob

Last edited by robowen; Feb 28th 2007 at 8:34 am.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:41 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robowen
Hi, We would like to be added to your list ..if we may !

Main applicant my wife ( nurse) 136 skilled independant modl.
Me - plumber. 3 kids, 11,6, and 4.
ack date 18th jan 2007.
Visa money taken 15th Feb 2007
House not on market yet.
Will be having medicals in a week or two....not been asked yet, but will do them in advance along with police checks and frontload them ? send them early...is that what that means ??
Heading to the gold coast hopefully.

Thats it...Thanks, and good luck to everyone !
Rob
Hi Rob

Tasha normally does the updating on the table bless her heart, i'm sure if she sees this she will add you or you could pm her (4Reids).
Have you put your name down to have the medicals done? I only ask because I didn't realise until I called the one nearest us that deals with this sort of medicals but there is a 6 week wait at ours? Not to say it's like that everywhere though.
Yes thats what frontloading means.
Wish you all the best of luck and hope you don't have too much wait to get to the Gold Coast.

Jen
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

robowen will become famous soon enoughrobowen will become famous soon enough

Thanks for your reply, yeah, we got an appointment on 14th March for the medicals. We only phoned up the day before yesterday.
I think the total cost will be around £660, this is for 2 adults and 3 children. My eldest who is 11 will have to have nearly a full medical, which has pushed our costs up a bit.
Rob
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the January waiting room. I have added you to the spreadsheet.

Tasha x
Attached Files
File Type: doc
JANUARY VISA APPLICATIONS.doc (114.0 KB, 80 views)
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

I can't believe how much the med costs vary. According to the list there is only one clinic near here where we can have the x-rays done at £92 a shot - I only realised yesterday when talking to the doctor's surgery that my eldest son needs one as well. The difference here between a child's medical exam and an adult's is £105 (£155 for a 20 minute consultation - talk about licence to print money!) so I hope the doctor doesn't class him as an adult (he's 13). We're going ahead on the assumption that we'll be frontloading - wouldn't it be nice if they ended up being requested (hopeful emotion). Hope your son has stopped puking emmack.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Cardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JenJen
Just wondering what to do now as we had acknowledgement and a got a CM on Monday but someone at DIMIA put us under the wrong subclass. They put as a subclass 856 onshore applicant, Whereas the forms we filled out and the application was for a subclass 121 offshore application. I've emailed our migration agent asking what happens now but not heard back we have contact details for our Case Manager do you think we should email him and ask if he is still dealing with our application? Or should I just leave it?
Getting a bit worried about whats going on now though

Jen
Hey Jen,

Could you let me know when you have an update, im in the same situation, my ack said subclass 136 when im 138.....I wasnt going to bother doing anything, but mybie I should.

It kind of ticks me off the ammount of hard work and money that goes into one of these applications and they balls up at the first stage dohhhhhhhh! <insert clown music here>
Old Mar 1st 2007, 12:32 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The howellers
You poor sod, sounds like a sh** day.
We have also had one of those days recently with our son, oh joy!!

I've just been looking at the Jan list and were getting a bit worried.
Just about everyone on the list has had acknowledgment, we sent our application off on the 29th.

We sent ours by signed for international(royal mail), and we have just found out you cant track it when its gets to Oz, so I hope it hasn't been lost!

Why didn't we send it by DHL!

Did anyone else send theirs by royal mail signed for international?

Cheers

Justin
If you sent on the 29th then you should be getting your acknowledgement anyday now - i would think that you dont need to panic until next week!!!

Adele
Old Mar 1st 2007, 12:34 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmakc1977
....Anyway, the only thing that has kept me going today (especially when standing on the freezing cold platform) is that one day soon I'll be in Oz and will never have to commute again!

people still commute in oz you know - only they do it in better weather!!
hope today goes better for you!

Adele
Old Mar 1st 2007, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

chmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura about

At last - finally receieved acknowledgement from DIMA that they have got it!!!! Why it took them 6 weeks to tell me as in their letter they acknowledge receipt on 24 Jan.
Me, wife, and 2 lovely kids - class 136 non modl

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.