Wikiposts

January 2009 Applicants

Old May 6th 2009, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

sarahhartopp will become famous soon enoughsarahhartopp will become famous soon enough
Default Re: January 2009 Applicants

Originally Posted by blueeyes1
My partner and I applied on the 8th so I guess we're joining you guys! I am a 31 yr old nurse and have applied for GSM 175, going to Brisbane - have sent MOST documents - still waiting for couple of references and stat decs back from our friends for our evidence of relationship but shouldnt be too long Had problems with password setting on immi gov so have scanned all docs and emailed them instead. We are going for our medicals this weekend as they requested we get these ASAP, anyone else found this?? I personally was surprised that this happened so quickly as I was under the impression that they only asked for medicals near the end of the process...? Anyway good luck to all you applicants out there - fingers and toes crossed for us all
Hey

Any news ? silly quesion i suppose !!!!

I have been thinking what about a 176 visa but getting sponsoered by queensland state not a actualy hospital surley then we stay in queensland for 2 years have a choice of what hospital to work at and then sfter 2 years move states if you want to !!! have just been looking into it and there dosnt seem to be a great deal of difference between 175 and 176 state sponsored but 176 state sponsored takes priorty over the visa we are on at the moment.

im just worried that in 18 months time we are still going to be here and not in OZ where we want to be !!!!

Have you looked into it ? am i missing something that amkes it not worth our while doing?????
Old May 6th 2009, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

If you're a CSL applicant (which I am too), they were hoping to have all those applications allocated by the end of May or June (depending on what update you choose to believe) Since you've waited this long, I'd stick with the 175. Any state sponsorship application is going to take a long time (10 weeks maybe or more) so by the time you've done that you might already have your 175 visa.

I would be very very surprised if any 175 CSL applicants were still waiting in 18 months - where on earth did you read that?!?
Old May 6th 2009, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

sarahhartopp will become famous soon enoughsarahhartopp will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cookiestar
If you're a CSL applicant (which I am too), they were hoping to have all those applications allocated by the end of May or June (depending on what update you choose to believe) Since you've waited this long, I'd stick with the 175. Any state sponsorship application is going to take a long time (10 weeks maybe or more) so by the time you've done that you might already have your 175 visa.

I would be very very surprised if any 175 CSL applicants were still waiting in 18 months - where on earth did you read that?!?
I recieve a monthly update news letter from a imergration agency in perth and it read the following -

]processing times are going to be much longer in most categories. For example I would imagine that 70% of cases for skilled migration (ie 175, 885) are now going to take around 18 months or longer. Also 457 visa processing is going to include a much tougher test of benefit to Australia and so case officers are going to have much more issues to assess and potentially refuse a company’s claim that overseas workers are really necessary.
Old May 6th 2009, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sarahhartopp
I recieve a monthly update news letter from a imergration agency in perth and it read the following -

]processing times are going to be much longer in most categories. For example I would imagine that 70% of cases for skilled migration (ie 175, 885) are now going to take around 18 months or longer. Also 457 visa processing is going to include a much tougher test of benefit to Australia and so case officers are going to have much more issues to assess and potentially refuse a company’s claim that overseas workers are really necessary.
That's quite clearly referring to 175 applications that aren't on the CSL. It states "in most categories" - CSL applicants are not in that "most categories". Any other applications (MODL/non-MODL) aren't being allocated/processed at the moment. You're on the CSL which they are processing in date of lodgement order (they're currently up to around Oct 08 for e-lodged applications) Give it a month or so and they might be up to January 09.
Old May 6th 2009, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cookiestar
That's quite clearly referring to 175 applications that aren't on the CSL. It states "in most categories" - CSL applicants are not in that "most categories". Any other applications (MODL/non-MODL) aren't being allocated/processed at the moment. You're on the CSL which they are processing in date of lodgement order (they're currently up to around Oct 08 for e-lodged applications) Give it a month or so and they might be up to January 09.
will do thank you for sounding postive !!
Old May 6th 2009, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

I think we have to stay positive otherwise we would go mad
Old May 8th 2009, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

jwalvet is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone.

I amd preparing my Visa Application (Online). I need help to in one point.

At a point during online application, it asks to enter Name, DateofBirth, Relationship & Country of Residence for all family members.

Is 'Country of Residence' and 'Nationality' the same things or does it mean differently. As one of my family member has 'Nationality' of a country but he is staying as 'Permanent Resident' in some other country for last 4-5 years.

Also if these are different then do i have to provide them details like (copy of his permanent resident visa for that country or any such record)....

Your help is requested.

thanks,

JohnWalvet.
Old May 16th 2009, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

juliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nice

Just a quick update, we have now changed our app from 176 to a 175 CSL 22 Jan 2009 - this is because Vic rejected our ss 16/5/09.

Julie x
Old May 16th 2009, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by juliemtaylor
Just a quick update, we have now changed our app from 176 to a 175 CSL 22 Jan 2009 - this is because Vic rejected our ss 16/5/09.

Julie x
Hi Julie!
Why did Victoria reject your SS?
Can you please share?

Regards/
Safaet
Old May 17th 2009, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

juliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nice

Originally Posted by Safaet
Hi Julie!
Why did Victoria reject your SS?
Can you please share?

Regards/
Safaet
Hi we got the same standard reply as quite a few on here and on another forum - basically Victoria assessed us not to be in demand enough there and if we have a job offer to reapply... One person on here has 20+ years experience in 2 of the skills on their list! I just wish they could have said that in a few weeks rather than drag us along for 4 months... At least we should get a CO on CSL soon (Jan 09 app) hoping they don't drop Java off the CSL/MODL before a visa grant.

Regards

Julie x
Old May 21st 2009, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

robin.merill is a jewel in the roughrobin.merill is a jewel in the roughrobin.merill is a jewel in the roughrobin.merill is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: January 2009 Applicants: status changed

Hello Everyone,
The status of my application has changed to "Application being Processed Further" . Am I near to getting a CO ? Hope so . keeping fingers crossed . Anyone else ??

Robin
Old May 21st 2009, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

scrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nice

Originally Posted by robin.merill
Hello Everyone,
The status of my application has changed to "Application being Processed Further" . Am I near to getting a CO ? Hope so . keeping fingers crossed . Anyone else ??

Robin
Nope, no change for us. As far as I know "applicaiton being processed further" means you have a CO. Well done you! What is your timeline? I don't see you on the timeline tracker http://www.editgrid.com/user/sanam/CSL_CO_tracker . Maybe add your timeline to your SIG?
Old May 22nd 2009, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

robin.merill is a jewel in the roughrobin.merill is a jewel in the roughrobin.merill is a jewel in the roughrobin.merill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by scrudu
Nope, no change for us. As far as I know "applicaiton being processed further" means you have a CO. Well done you! What is your timeline? I don't see you on the timeline tracker http://www.editgrid.com/user/sanam/CSL_CO_tracker . Maybe add your timeline to your SIG?
Tried updating the tracker ,dont have write permissions. Anyways, here are my details.
Applied : 5th jan 2009
Profession :175 IT (J2ee specialization) on CSL
Status changed to Application being processed further on 21/05/09.

For guys who have the similar timelines but still dont have CO , please have a look at this thread and make neccesary corrections in their application before they pass on your application.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=605345
Old May 22nd 2009, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

namecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant future

Hello Everyone,

Robin
Hey congrats Robin. Nice to hear that they are processing January now.
Old May 23rd 2009, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

scrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nice

Tried updating the tracker ,dont have write permissions. Anyways, here are my details.
Applied : 5th jan 2009
Profession :175 IT (J2ee specialization) on CSL
Status changed to Application being processed further on 21/05/09.
Wahey, great to see they are now processing 175 Jan applications

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.