Jag and Allan Collett

Old Nov 21st 2002, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

nick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud of
Default Jag and Allan Collett

Guys,

Just wanted to say a big thank you for your excellent advice to my earlier question on 457 visa.

I dont know if anybody could shed some light on the following?

Form 1066 which i thought was for 457IE it states in who should use this form "you have established a business in Australia as the holder of an independant executive visa and you are applying for a second independant executive visa"

Which form should i download for the initial 457IE application.

Further, should we be granted the above visa, one of our options is to purchase an existing business. We are researching the feasibility of purchasing a Guest House/B=B on the Atherton Tablelands.

This i believe would satify the PR requirements of business and net assets.

I have been unable to find a page that outlines the points criterion for Established Business in Australia points test.

Can anyone let me know where th criterion is and in their experience how many people pas all of the requirements and get PR.

Obviously the risk we run is ploughing all of our money into a business, only for immigration to refuse our PR application after 4/6 years of living in Australia.

Most importantly, thanks again to Jag and Allan, you probably are not aware of just how valuable your advice is to people like ourselves who are looking to realise a liftime dream.
Old Nov 21st 2002, 10:14 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jag and Allan Collett

Hello again Nick - and pleased to be able to help.

There is a design error with the form 1066 (see also:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=237)

You should use the old (07/02) design of form 1066 - mail me directly if you haven't got a copy and I can email a pdf version of the form to you.

Details about the Established Business visa category are here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/visas/business_skilled_migration.cfm (scroll down to details re Established Business visas)
and here:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/business_estab.htm

You will probably note the similarity in certain conditions between the conditions for the grant of a 457-IE visa and the permanent Established Business visa (eg the $250k capital requirement).

Also, be aware that there are expected to be changes to the business visa categories effective 1st March 2003:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=235

Hope this helps - and please feel able to mail me directly if you want any more assistance.

Best regards.

Originally posted by nick333
Guys,

Just wanted to say a big thank you for your excellent advice to my earlier question on 457 visa.

I dont know if anybody could shed some light on the following?

Form 1066 which i thought was for 457IE it states in who should use this form "you have established a business in Australia as the holder of an independant executive visa and you are applying for a second independant executive visa"

Which form should i download for the initial 457IE application.

Further, should we be granted the above visa, one of our options is to purchase an existing business. We are researching the feasibility of purchasing a Guest House/B=B on the Atherton Tablelands.

This i believe would satify the PR requirements of business and net assets.

I have been unable to find a page that outlines the points criterion for Established Business in Australia points test.

Can anyone let me know where th criterion is and in their experience how many people pas all of the requirements and get PR.

Obviously the risk we run is ploughing all of our money into a business, only for immigration to refuse our PR application after 4/6 years of living in Australia.

Most importantly, thanks again to Jag and Allan, you probably are not aware of just how valuable your advice is to people like ourselves who are looking to realise a liftime dream.