Invited to apply for 189 visa

Old Dec 27th 2013, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

vinnykav06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Invited to apply for 189 visa

hello there,i have been invited to apply for a 189 skilled migration to australia,i have reached my points tally and i have my documentation ready but im not sure if i should "click apply" yet,when i click apply does that then give me more time to provide info,my last date of acceptance is 17 jan 2014,basically what i need to know is if i click apply,is that me accepting the invite and do i then get more time to provide proof of work etc and also do "ALL" document have to be true copies of original,for instantce would i have to true copy pay slips etc or is it just official documnets,,,,any help would be great,thank you
Old Dec 27th 2013, 5:43 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Invited to apply for 189 visa

I've moved your question to it's own thread so it can be seen easily, but you don't need to post multiple times - if someone can help they will.

If you have all documentation ready what is the issue? If you click apply, you will need to complete the application form, and pay the application fee. Once that is done, you will be able to upload your documents.
Old Dec 27th 2013, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Cool Re: Invited to apply for 189 visa

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I've moved your question to it's own thread so it can be seen easily, but you don't need to post multiple times - if someone can help they will.

If you have all documentation ready what is the issue? If you click apply, you will need to complete the application form, and pay the application fee. Once that is done, you will be able to upload your documents.
ok i guess then my question is,if i apply then does that mean all information must be logged before the 17th of january which is my last date to accept and lodge the application or once i accept and lodge then i have accepted and the deadline of 17th is removed,the reason for hold up is that im not sure does ALL documents have to be "true copies of original",or just official documents like passport birth cert etc,because its also defacto so we will be sending phone records and phtos etc so must these be "true copies" signed by an autority
Old Dec 27th 2013, 6:32 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vinnykav06
ok i guess then my question is,if i apply then does that mean all information must be logged before the 17th of january which is my last date to accept and lodge the application or once i accept and lodge then i have accepted and the deadline of 17th is removed,the reason for hold up is that im not sure does ALL documents have to be "true copies of original",or just official documents like passport birth cert etc,because its also defacto so we will be sending phone records and phtos etc so must these be "true copies" signed by an autority
From the skill select site

All supporting documents should be scanned and uploaded with your application. All documents that you provide must be certified copies of original documents. Do not include original documents unless specifically requested to do so by the department. Documents not in English must be accompanied by accredited English translations.
Edit - it has been mentioned before, but I think scanned colour copies of originals is also accepted without getting them certified. Maybe later someone else can verify this
Old Dec 27th 2013, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
From the skill select site

Edit - it has been mentioned before, but I think scanned colour copies of originals is also accepted without getting them certified. Maybe later someone else can verify this
ye i hope someone can,but i think all original documents must be "certified" thats not a problem,im just curious do all documents have to be,because if se were talking hundreds here in my case between work proof for 10 years and phone records etc to prove our relationship,the paperwork has added up
Old Dec 27th 2013, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Perpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond repute

Once you click apply, you do not need to complete the application in one sitting - you will be able to save your progress after a few pages into the application.

In regards to documents being true copies of the original, as long as you are scanning and uploading files in colour that are of the original documentation, there is no need to have documents certified.
Old Dec 27th 2013, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Perpetual Tourist
Once you click apply, you do not need to complete the application in one sitting - you will be able to save your progress after a few pages into the application.

In regards to documents being true copies of the original, as long as you are scanning and uploading files in colour that are of the original documentation, there is no need to have documents certified.
thank you so much for your reply u wont beleive how long i have been scouring the skillselect and internet to make certain before i begin,i have all official document at hand and well filed so i can scan them easily,i was concerned if they would ALL have to be certified,as i said we will be sending phone records etc and cards,wedding invites and so on to prove our commited relationship.
is there a limit on the amount of documents u attach?
Old Dec 27th 2013, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Perpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vinnykav06
is there a limit on the amount of documents u attach?
Make sure you only attach the necessary documents requested by your Case Officer, once he or she makes contact. There is an expressed file size limitation for each document and file type (5MB), and the file limit for Skilled Migration is 60.

See this page for more information:
https://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pag...plication.aspx
Old Dec 27th 2013, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Perpetual Tourist
Make sure you only attach the necessary documents requested by your Case Officer, once he or she makes contact. There is an expressed file size limitation for each document and file type (5MB), and the file limit for Skilled Migration is 60.

See this page for more information:
https://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pag...plication.aspx
ok i will follow your advice and wont attach until my case officer has been assigned (length of wait for this??)
and then i will send what he requires,i would think 60 is very small for skilled migration,if i was to send phone records alone of our relationship we would be over 100 alone,or is it 60 files with the apllication stage and then forward the rest afterwards?i dont really know what to expect at this stage,and if its only 60 files should i choose very wisely what to send in my allowance...thanks again so much you are being extremly helpful to us,