Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Including Dependent to skilled nomination Visa subclass 190

Including Dependent to skilled nomination Visa subclass 190

Old Dec 27th 2013, 7:01 am
Just Joined

uzma_dpa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Including Dependent to skilled nomination Visa subclass 190

today is my last date for submitting visa application against invitation to EOI. i wanted my spouse & child to accompany me but since credit card limit was less I only applied for myself and want to add my dependents to this application later. is this possible..??? as for my understanding through the website info. they can be added later without any additional charge and before finalization of visa decision by concerned autorities. please advise.
Regards,
U. M.
Old Dec 27th 2013, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice
Default Re: Including Dependent to skilled nomination Visa subclass 190

Originally Posted by uzma_dpa
today is my last date for submitting visa application against invitation to EOI. i wanted my spouse & child to accompany me but since credit card limit was less I only applied for myself and want to add my dependents to this application later. is this possible..??? as for my understanding through the website info. they can be added later without any additional charge and before finalization of visa decision by concerned autorities. please advise.
Regards,
U. M.
I'm sure that there are options available with most of the credit card providers such as VISA/MASTER to increase the credit amount temporarily, please check that with your CC provider.

for your question, in my opinion yes you can add dependents to your visa application at a latter stage under change of circumstances provided that you have mentioned in your visa application that your spouse and child as non migrant dependents, in this case latter you can change this to migrating dependents under change of circumstances.

This is my opinion and i may be wrong, may be there are members who have experience on a similar situation and hopefully they will reply.

Cheers,
PB
Old Dec 27th 2013, 9:03 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Regards,
U. M.
According to the skill select site, you can add family members to your application anytime before a decision is made. But since there is an additional application fee for dependants, I don't think it will be free.
Old Dec 27th 2013, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

I thought all dependants had an additional fee now.
Old Dec 27th 2013, 2:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jilliebee
I thought all dependants had an additional fee now.
As here is now a charge per person on applications I would be very surprised to find they could be added for no fee. If there was such a loophole I'm sure it would have been well exploited by now!
Old Dec 27th 2013, 2:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.immi.gov.au/fees-charges/...on-charges.htm

Says

The additional applicant charge is only be for people who are applying for the visa with you, or want to be added to your lodged, but not yet decided, visa application (if permitted).

---------

So be careful, I think they will (and imho should) charge you.
Old Dec 27th 2013, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Regards,
U. M.
You will not be able to add them later for no cost, if that were possible then everybody would be doing that. Personally, I think that you should add them from the beginning, I am assuming you are from a HR country and as such your application will be subject to enough scrutiny without suddenly producing a wife and child halfway through the process.