British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Including Dependent to skilled nomination Visa subclass 190 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/including-dependent-skilled-nomination-visa-subclass-190-a-819462/)

uzma_dpa Dec 27th 2013 7:01 am

Including Dependent to skilled nomination Visa subclass 190

today is my last date for submitting visa application against invitation to EOI. i wanted my spouse & child to accompany me but since credit card limit was less I only applied for myself and want to add my dependents to this application later. is this possible..??? as for my understanding through the website info. they can be added later without any additional charge and before finalization of visa decision by concerned autorities. please advise.
Regards,
U. M.

peaceboy Dec 27th 2013 8:20 am

Re: Including Dependent to skilled nomination Visa subclass 190

Originally Posted by uzma_dpa (Post 11052218)
today is my last date for submitting visa application against invitation to EOI. i wanted my spouse & child to accompany me but since credit card limit was less I only applied for myself and want to add my dependents to this application later. is this possible..??? as for my understanding through the website info. they can be added later without any additional charge and before finalization of visa decision by concerned autorities. please advise.
Regards,
U. M.

I'm sure that there are options available with most of the credit card providers such as VISA/MASTER to increase the credit amount temporarily, please check that with your CC provider.

for your question, in my opinion yes you can add dependents to your visa application at a latter stage under change of circumstances provided that you have mentioned in your visa application that your spouse and child as non migrant dependents, in this case latter you can change this to migrating dependents under change of circumstances.

This is my opinion and i may be wrong, may be there are members who have experience on a similar situation and hopefully they will reply.

Cheers,
PB :thumbup:

old.sparkles Dec 27th 2013 9:03 am

Regards,
U. M.

According to the skill select site, you can add family members to your application anytime before a decision is made. But since there is an additional application fee for dependants, I don't think it will be free.

Jilliebee Dec 27th 2013 11:07 am

I thought all dependants had an additional fee now.

Pollyana Dec 27th 2013 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Jilliebee (Post 11052394)
I thought all dependants had an additional fee now.

As here is now a charge per person on applications I would be very surprised to find they could be added for no fee. If there was such a loophole I'm sure it would have been well exploited by now!

Pollyana Dec 27th 2013 2:39 pm

http://www.immi.gov.au/fees-charges/...on-charges.htm

Says

The additional applicant charge is only be for people who are applying for the visa with you, or want to be added to your lodged, but not yet decided, visa application (if permitted).

---------

So be careful, I think they will (and imho should) charge you.

Bermudashorts Dec 27th 2013 8:34 pm

Regards,
U. M.

You will not be able to add them later for no cost, if that were possible then everybody would be doing that. Personally, I think that you should add them from the beginning, I am assuming you are from a HR country and as such your application will be subject to enough scrutiny without suddenly producing a wife and child halfway through the process.