Interdependent Partner Visa

Old Sep 10th 2003, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

tammi+mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interdependent Partner Visa

Hi there,

I am Australian and my boyfriend Mike is English. We are soon to apply for the Interdependent Partner visa and just wanted a few questions answered.
We have been together for just over a year and have been gathering all the stuff together to send off: we have rent receipts, phone bills, holiday invoices, stat decs from aussie relatives & friends, but we are worried that it may not be enough because we have only just passed the one year stage and aren't applying under fiance or anything like that.

Does anyone have an example of the wording of an english stat dec?
Any suggestions on other documents we can include?
How long does it normally take to get a reply back approving or rejecting the application?
Is it likely that we will have to attend an interview?

If anyone can help us out it would be greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 10:53 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Interdependant partner class is for same sex couples plus some other relationships (not sure what). De Facto Spouse is for Mixed sex couples. If you haven't already read booklet 1127 from www.immi.gov.au/allforms then I strongly suggest that you do so ASAP.

When my partner and I applied we wrote the history of our relationship, why we liked each other and what joint activities we took part in. We included details about what we did for birthdays, christmasses and holiday and provided photos or itinereraries in the evidence.

It is very hard writing these personal feelings down for a stranger to read and I won't be publishing it again. The AHC in London pubishes its average processing times. When I applied it took 3 months and 2 weeks (2weeks under the average).

Some people have front end loaded and recieved a visa much more quickly. If you do a search on the forum you will find plenty of lists of evidence.

I personaly went way over the top and provided over 100 pages of evidence plus scanned photos of us on holiday.

If you want some reassurance there are some agents out there that will do a free eligibility test. You may get hassle from them afterwards trying to get business.

If your partner is under 30 and has not done an OZ working holiday, you may consider getting him over on a WHV.

When you have more evidence you could then apply in OZ. He would then have to go on a bridging visa with travel restrictions but he would still be able to work.

Best of luck
Old Sep 10th 2003, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

echobelly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Interdependent Partner Visa

Originally posted by tammi+mike
Does anyone have an example of the wording of an english stat dec?
Any suggestions on other documents we can include?
How long does it normally take to get a reply back approving or rejecting the application?
Is it likely that we will have to attend an interview?

If anyone can help us out it would be greatly appreciated.
Hello,
Sam and I recently sucessfully applied for skilled migration. I was the primary applicant and Sam was down as my de-facto spouse, so we had to prove all of the same things you have to in your application:

So my first point is this; If DIMA don't think you've given enough then they will tell you so. The won't just reject your application. It happened to us.

As for the sorts of documents I would suggest that you get Mike's parents to go to a magistrate court in the UK and get a stat dec. issued infront of the court. This what we did. Its pretty simple, you just need to book an appointment with court.

As for other documents ..
Any joint accounts, supplementry card holder on a credit card? Any bill issued to the same address? Pictures from Holdays together? We also wrote a short document ourselves stating our reasons for not getting married, our living and sleeping arrangements and and index for the supporting documents.

Hope this helps.
DG
Old Sep 13th 2003, 11:16 pm
Jaj

Default Re: Interdependent Partner Visa

Interdependent category is used by same-sex couples, but can also be
used by others in symbiotic relationships. Numbers in this category
are fairly small - spouses and de-facto partners should use the
mainstream spouse visas instead.

Jeremy

>On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 22:53:16 +0000, bondipom <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Interdependant partner class is for same sex couples plus some other