31.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

An inquiry about pre-July applications

Old Sep 12th 2004, 9:51 am
A mind forever voyaging

Galilite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: processing of pre july

Hi Jimmy,

I'm not sure how they allocate the case officers, but there is a lot of pre-July STNI's are getting meds as well.

I will wait until the end of this week as mentioned and send this request if no boost will happen.

Originally Posted by jimmy011
hi galilite, there seems to be very slow processing of pre july applicants. post july are getting medical request very fast and some of them are getting visas.it seems for every 10 applications of post july they are processing 1 application of pre july so this is the rate of their processing so i think all of us still has to wait for long time. probably send them request for acceleration of the process or we will have to wait for long time.
cheers
jimmy
Old Sep 12th 2004, 12:15 pm
jimmy

jimmy011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi galilite,
i think STNI applicants are not related to 136 because they come under priority processing and they are not point tested and there processing time is 4-6 months so we cannot compare STNI with 136. have you applied through migration agent what does he says about this. i think point raise after april is the reason of slowing down of pre july applications and i have just read a thread by andy whit that there is a chance that DIMIA may process pre july applications under new point system. then that wil be the big blow for all of us waiting but i hope that DIMIA will not do this.
cheers
jimmy
Old Sep 12th 2004, 4:55 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Hi galilite,
i think STNI applicants are not related to 136 because they come under priority processing and they are not point tested and there processing time is 4-6 months so we cannot compare STNI with 136. have you applied through migration agent what does he says about this. i think point raise after april is the reason of slowing down of pre july applications and i have just read a thread by andy whit that there is a chance that DIMIA may process pre july applications under new point system. then that wil be the big blow for all of us waiting but i hope that DIMIA will not do this.
cheers
jimmy
Hi

First yes DIMIA had a rush of pre july applicants to avoid the points raise. Second they had a new processing system in place for the post july. Third they have added new list of occupations to MODL. These has an impact on the processing. Its slow but its moving. I am not advocating DIMIA but thats how things are now.

DIMIA has indicated very clearly during the points raise that pre july applicants will be processed based on the points when they applied. (BEFORE the points raise) so don't worry about that.
As Galilite mentioned lets go through this week and see how things go then we can send the letter to DIMIA .

Cheers
Badri
Old Sep 12th 2004, 5:14 pm
A mind forever voyaging

Galilite is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jimmy,

i think STNI applicants are not related to 136 because they come under priority processing and they are not point tested and there processing time is 4-6 months so we cannot compare STNI with 136.
Maybe, but they were delayed as well - and in the last week the things started moving.
have you applied through migration agent what does he says about this.
Yes, I have. He doesn't have a clue about it , and I don't blame him for the lack of activity. It's very important for him to have good relations with DIMIA.

That's why I'm running with the signatures.
i think point raise after april is the reason of slowing down of pre july applications and i have just read a thread by andy whit that there is a chance that DIMIA may process pre july applications under new point system. then that wil be the big blow for all of us waiting but i hope that DIMIA will not do this.
Fully agree with everything Badri said. I can also add that it's unlikely Australia, Canada, New Zealand or any other country with similar program will do such thing, because there was a legal precedent in Canada when the applicants filed class action and won the suit (and the points were lowered back).
Old Sep 12th 2004, 5:27 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Galilite
Hi Jimmy,

Maybe, but they were delayed as well - and in the last week the things started moving.
Yes, I have. He doesn't have a clue about it , and I don't blame him for the lack of activity. It's very important for him to have good relations with DIMIA.

That's why I'm running with the signatures.
Fully agree with everything Badri said. I can also add that it's unlikely Australia, Canada, New Zealand or any other country with similar program will do such thing, because there was a legal precedent in Canada when the applicants filed class action and won the suit (and the points were lowered back).
Hi Jimmy
Have a look at what Jeremy has said on the other thread.

Cheers
badri
Old Sep 12th 2004, 5:49 pm
jimmy

jimmy011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi badri and galilite,
from reading replies it seems unlikely that DIMIA will impose new point saystem on us. but i cant understand then why they are not processing pre july applications its very strange who has framed new processing system. people who have lodged application just two months ago are getting visas and we are being kept on waiting and we cant question them in anyway they can do what they like its very strange how DIMIA works. hopefully coming weeks may bring good news for all of us waiting.
cheers
jimmy
Old Sep 12th 2004, 8:01 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

Hi badri and galilite,
from reading replies it seems unlikely that DIMIA will impose new point saystem on us. but i cant understand then why they are not processing pre july applications its very strange who has framed new processing system. people who have lodged application just two months ago are getting visas and we are being kept on waiting and we cant question them in anyway they can do what they like its very strange how DIMIA works. hopefully coming weeks may bring good news for all of us waiting.
cheers
jimmy
Hi Jimmy

I know its frustrating but that reality.

The reason behind processing new applications quickly is to get a bench mark in processing speed. Lat couple of months has been dynamic as ever within DIMIA. They have placed all the MODL, post july and STNI applicants as prority which as an effect on the pre july applicants.

As agents and other members mentioned DIMIA has recruited more staff to handle the process. Remember its also annoying for DIMIA to keep answering why they haven't processed the pre july applicants. Logically they would certainly would like to get rid of the backlog and get on with the new process.
So Hold On for a while. The coming weeks will tell more ...
Old Sep 12th 2004, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

johnnet is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by badri
Hi Jimmy

I know its frustrating but that reality.

The reason behind processing new applications quickly is to get a bench mark in processing speed. Lat couple of months has been dynamic as ever within DIMIA. They have placed all the MODL, post july and STNI applicants as prority which as an effect on the pre july applicants.

As agents and other members mentioned DIMIA has recruited more staff to handle the process. Remember its also annoying for DIMIA to keep answering why they haven't processed the pre july applicants. Logically they would certainly would like to get rid of the backlog and get on with the new process.
So Hold On for a while. The coming weeks will tell more ...
Well people, they are certainly not prioritising those pre july on the MODL list as we are still waiting.............and relatives who applied post july who are not on MODL have already heard back and are in the final stages of their visa process!!
Old Sep 13th 2004, 9:02 am

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by johnnet
Well people, they are certainly not prioritising those pre july on the MODL list as we are still waiting.............and relatives who applied post july who are not on MODL have already heard back and are in the final stages of their visa process!!

Hi John,

No, they are giving priority for the pre-july STNI applicants also (Myself and one of my friend got the medical request one month after the nomination date.)
I lodged the application on Feb04 last week.

So MODL applicants also should get their medical request within the same period or even faster than the STNI ones.

Last edited by Prince1975; Sep 13th 2004 at 9:21 am.
Old Sep 13th 2004, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Angry Re: processing of pre july

Originally Posted by Prince1975
Hi John,

No, they are giving priority for the pre-july STNI applicants also (Myself and one of my friend got the medical request one month after the nomination date.)
I lodged the application on Feb04 last week.

So MODL applicants also should get their medical request within the same period or even faster than the STNI ones.
Should, but they are not.........otherwise would have heard something by now?! Check out the nursing threads and u will see what I mean!!!
Old Sep 13th 2004, 5:42 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

Should, but they are not.........otherwise would have heard something by now?! Check out the nursing threads and u will see what I mean!!!
I just saw a got it so its seems to be moving atleast for nurses. We certainly have to wait through this week to see how DIMIA is processing guys.

Hold ON and chin up.

Badri
Old Sep 13th 2004, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold

I just saw a got it so its seems to be moving atleast for nurses. We certainly have to wait through this week to see how DIMIA is processing guys.

Hold ON and chin up.

Badri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Badri , check the timeline of the "I got it " nurse !!!!! She only applied in July !!! Pre-July nurse applicants are STILL waiting for requests for EVERYTHING!!
Thanks again for the good wishes , you are the ONLY one who seems able to stay positive , I really don't know how you do it.
Tass.

Last edited by Tass; Sep 13th 2004 at 5:54 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2004, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Badri , check the timeline of the "I got it " nurse !!!!! She only applied in July !!! Pre-July nurse applicants are STILL waiting for requests for EVERYTHING!!
Thanks again for the good wishes , you are the ONLY one who seems able to stay positive , I really don't know how you do it.
Tass.
You beat me to it Tass! Like I said DIMIA are not processing as they should be...........why should changes on 1st July mean that those applying post 1st July be processed before those pre 1st july?!
It doesn't make any sense, we have posed this question via email to DIMIA 2 weeks and they have not even acknowledged receipt of the email let alone replied to it!!!
I understand that they are busy etc, however it is their idea not to phone them, so the least they could do is let us all know what is going on with so - called processing methods???
Old Sep 13th 2004, 9:15 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

You beat me to it Tass! Like I said DIMIA are not processing as they should be...........why should changes on 1st July mean that those applying post 1st July be processed before those pre 1st july?!
It doesn't make any sense, we have posed this question via email to DIMIA 2 weeks and they have not even acknowledged receipt of the email let alone replied to it!!!
I understand that they are busy etc, however it is their idea not to phone them, so the least they could do is let us all know what is going on with so - called processing methods???
Hi

As I heard from the agents and others in this forum DIMIA introduced this new processing system to reduce the processing hassle. There are always guinee pigs and unfortunately we are the ones.

It was the statement from the minister saying that the new applicants will be processed as a benckmark for DIMIA with the new software etc ....

In saying that it doesn't make things right by slowing down the pre july applicants. I do hope DIMIA takes action in this regard.
Remember the more people email them the slower the process will be.
I do agree that DIMIA should have made a statement informing how they are going to clean the backlog it would have saved lots of people the tension and uncertainty. May be its a task for the agents there to contact DIMIA and inform them about it.
What do you guys think ?

Give them this week as a testing period shall we

Cheers
Badri
Old Sep 13th 2004, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

As I heard from the agents and others in this forum DIMIA introduced this new processing system to reduce the processing hassle. There are always guinee pigs and unfortunately we are the ones.

It was the statement from the minister saying that the new applicants will be processed as a benckmark for DIMIA with the new software etc ....

In saying that it doesn't make things right by slowing down the pre july applicants. I do hope DIMIA takes action in this regard.
Remember the more people email them the slower the process will be.
I do agree that DIMIA should have made a statement informing how they are going to clean the backlog it would have saved lots of people the tension and uncertainty. May be its a task for the agents there to contact DIMIA and inform them about it.
What do you guys think ?

Give them this week as a testing period shall we

Cheers
Badri
How can an email/emails slow the process down if they do not even reply to it? The process cannot get any slower, if it did then it would be going backwards!
With regards to agents contacting DIMIA.............well isn't that the same as you or I contacting them??
Finally, you mentioned at the end of your message that, "give them this week as a testing period shall we"..............have'nt you being saying this or something sinmilar for a number of weeks now??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.