British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   An inquiry about pre-July applications (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/inquiry-about-pre-july-applications-248689/)

Galilite Aug 14th 2004 10:01 am

An inquiry about pre-July applications

Hi all,

As mentioned earlier, some of us want to inquire ASPC about why the requests for medical checks and police are no longer sent to pre-July applicants for about 2 months. While 2 months is not a long wait by itself, it is unknown when Adelaide is going to proceed with the older applications.

It might help to have a large number of signatures below this inquiry (without file number reference).

Please vote if you are willing to sign the inquiry. A draft will be presented for approval.

Galilite Aug 15th 2004 5:17 am

Re: An inquiry about pre-July applications

Hmm. Strange, I thought more people would want to know what's going on.

Maybe the problem is that I'm new here? I have no problem if someone else handles the data.

Galilite Aug 16th 2004 5:02 am

I'll try to keep this subject up for a few days.

A question to JAJ: the topic about suing DIMIA went to the better world, right? I just can't find it.

andyfromus Aug 16th 2004 7:53 am

Hi All,

I am back from a weekend & am surprised to find my thread missing. (Please sue DIMIA).

Andy

Galilite Aug 17th 2004 5:06 am

Putting it up once again.

Galilite Aug 18th 2004 5:05 am

...and once again.

Sorry for the persistance, it's for the common good :-) .

Galilite Aug 19th 2004 5:16 am

Alright. 11 is not much as I hoped, but good enough. Those who participated - thank you very much.

Tomorrow I'll post here a draft.

Prince1975 Aug 19th 2004 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Galilite
Alright. 11 is not much as I hoped, but good enough. Those who participated - thank you very much.

Tomorrow I'll post here a draft.

How you want to present this before ASPC?

Galilite Aug 19th 2004 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Prince1975
How you want to present this before ASPC?

As a group inquiry which can help them by saving their time replying to a lot of individual inquiries. I'll stress that this is not another 'what's up with my file' question.

I'll put up the full text later, so the participants can correct it if needed.

Galilite Aug 20th 2004 5:58 am

There seem to be some unofficial info:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249768

But I would like an official answer from them nevertheless.

The draft, as I promised:

Dear Sir / Madam,

We are writing this to request an update on the plans of ASPC regarding older, pre-reform applications for general skilled visa. (Note that this is not another progress inquiry.)

We lodged our applications before July 1st, some of us as early as November 2003. According to the data accessible from the internet, it usually takes about 7 months to obtain a request for medical checks and police clearance. As you know, in the late June ASPC stopped sending these requests; the last ones were dispatched to mid-December 2003 applicants. 2 months has passed, and the queue didn't move yet. DIMIA made no official statements regarding the situation. There was a statement though about shortening the processing time in general. However, in the current rate it is difficult to expect ASPC to even fit into the initially projected 50 weeks.

While extra-wait of 2 or 3 months is not a serious issue, the lack of solid timeframe can repel a potential employer or cause people serious money losses, when selling the house, for example.

Another aspect is large flow of inquiries from frustrated applicants and their migration agents which is likely to increase in a situation like this. Needless to say, this stream won't diminish as the time passes.

In accordance to the above, we humbly request an update or an official announcement on ASPC's plans regarding our applications. If you choose to reply directly, we'll make sure that the information will become available to the largest online expatriate communities, helping you to suppress the flow of individual inquiries.

Faithfully yours,
the undersigned:

Any suggestions are welcome.
Those who approve please send me your name by private message (click on my name near this message and choose "Send a private message to Galilte").

HPOP Aug 20th 2004 7:15 am

Dear Gailite,
I quote from DIMIA's booklet6:
" Do not anticipate a successful outcome and sell your house or other property until you have been advised >in writting< that you have been granted a visa."

Now I quote you:
" While extra-wait of 2 or 3 months is not a serious issue, the lack of solid timeframe can repel a potential employer or cause people serious money losses, when selling the house, for example."

I would suggest to remove from your enquiring letter to DIMIA this part with "... can cause people serious money losses, when selling the house ..." because I think you don't have a point there. We all know that time is money, but I suppose not in this case.

Very friendly,
HP.

PS: I applied in FEB 2004 and waiting for the meds too.

marco121068 Aug 20th 2004 7:43 am

Originally Posted by HPOP
Dear Gailite,
" Do not anticipate a successful outcome and sell your house or other property until you have been advised >in writting< that you have been granted a visa."

Now I quote you:
" While extra-wait of 2 or 3 months is not a serious issue, the lack of solid timeframe can repel a potential employer or cause people serious money losses, when selling the house, for example."

I would suggest to remove from your enquiring letter to DIMIA this part with "... can cause people serious money losses, when selling the house ..." because I think you don't have a point there. We all know that time is money, but I suppose not in this case.

Very friendly,
HP.

PS: I applied in FEB 2004 and waiting for the meds too.

Personally, I wouldn't even bother as I don't actually think it'll get you anywhere. Try by all means, but don't be surprised if it doesn't work. I'd also run a spell check on it.

Galilite Aug 20th 2004 8:00 am

Originally Posted by HPOP
Dear Gailite,
" Do not anticipate a successful outcome and sell your house or other property until you have been advised >in writting< that you have been granted a visa."...

HPOP,

Thanks for the suggestion. Good point - will remove it, although the part about potential tangible losses could be important.

Keeping the part about the potential employer though.

Galilite Aug 20th 2004 8:08 am

Marco,

Originally Posted by marco121068
Personally, I wouldn't even bother as I don't actually think it'll get you anywhere.

Maybe not directly.

You'll never know unless you try, right?

Try by all means, but don't be surprised if it doesn't work.
Well... this is how things work, right? You prod and push and eventually something happens. In most cases.

If you don't, then usually nothing happens.

In any case, if I decided to sit and do nothing, and they wouldn't restart the processing in September, I'ld feel not only anxious but also furious at myself.

I'd also run a spell check on it.
Oops. Yep, I will, thanks :-) .

Wallaby Aug 21st 2004 3:13 am

Hi,

A collective write to ASPC will be very appropriate,I think. DIMIA and
all of us would be in a win-win situation if DIMIA responds to it!.

I am also a Nov 2003 applicant and I know 18 guys from my home town
alone who are in the same situ as me. All of them have decided to
bombard ASPC will their individual progress enquiries.

We know that this forum is the most read ausi immigration forum and a
collective enquiry and its response published here will give hope to
many and DIMIA will not get so many e-mails and phone calls.

I like to sign up with you for the enquiry.
Thanks

Now-a-Frustrated-Wallaby