Initial entry extension

Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

dagast is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Initial entry extension

Is it possible to extend initial date of entry for skilled 136 visa ?

I have emailed my case officer to request an extension of two weeks due to a family members serious illness.

Has anyone received an extension in similar circumstances or indeed has anyone arrived late but very close to entry date and managed to get their visa activated??!!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:14 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Initial entry extension

We asked the same thing last year when my wife broke her leg very seriously, and the only way in which we could extend the date was to re submit our police checks as you have 12 months from your police checks or your meds whichever was first.

But what i have found from alot of ppl on here is that once you have got your entry date it is very difficult to get it changed, good luck in trying.

all the best

KOH !!!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

dagast is an unknown quantity at this point

hi KOH,

Well hope shes recovered now!

How did you go about extending did you mail/call your Case officer and did it take long to get it sorted out.

Thanks ..
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:12 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dagast
hi KOH,

Well hope shes recovered now!

How did you go about extending did you mail/call your Case officer and did it take long to get it sorted out.

Thanks ..

Yes she is on the mend now altho she will need a new knee sooner than later, We only got extra time as our VISA had not been granted, we just redid our police checks which gave us the extra time needed to get my wife onto some sort of travel state.
I think that it is very hard to get an extension on your validation date once you have been set a date to enter Oz by.
The only time we have seen anyone get an extension is when the woman has been pregnant and cannot fly only medical grounds.
That is probably not what you wanted to hear, but good luck in your request anyway.

I hope that helps in some way......