Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Mistake on CV - how best to raise with DIAC?

Mistake on CV - how best to raise with DIAC?

Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mistake on CV - how best to raise with DIAC?

Just realised when filling out Form 80 my CV has been wrong for the last God knows how many years. It was only when I looked in my passport that I realised I was travelling a year later than I had on my CV, so I have had to change three dates from the (very) early 90's....

None of the jobs relate to my current occupation, but it doesn't alter the fact that they are wrong - including the dates I was in Oz. I've revised my CV, but should I just upload this revised version, put a covering letter with it explaining the c*ck up (I only put my current CV together more than 10years after these dates after my original died with my old PC, couldn't remember how long I was temping for, only that it was after I left a seasonal job and before I went to Oz and then screwed up on the year I went to Oz )

B*gger b*gger b*gger :curse:

Any advice gratefully accepted.
Niki
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:13 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mistake on CV - how best to raise with DIAC?

My OH nearly made the same mistake - fortunately i decided to double check everything before he uploaded it, he's a pain for just picking a date out of thin air:curse:

Anyway, i've just copied the following for you off the ASPC notification of visa email:

"CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCES

If any of the applicant's circumstances have changed since application lodgement and as a result an answer in your application or information given to DIAC is no longer correct, you must advise us in writing as soon as possible.

Examples of a change in circumstances include:

changes to address and/or contact details
changes to employment eg a new job
obtaining a new passport
new member of the family unit
discovery that information previously provided is incorrect

You can provide this information to the ASPC by letter or email, together with any accompanying documents. If you are notifying a change of email address by sending an email from your new address, you must include details of your previous email address, as evidence that you have authorised the change."

Think i'd upload the correct one and put a covering letter with it as per the above guidelines.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Mary, God do I feel an idiot!!!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:33 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NikiL
Thanks Mary, God do I feel an idiot!!!

Don't be daft, it's so easy to do - like i said earlier, it's a good job i checked my OH's CV because his was also wrong. He put the wrong year for starting and leaving the Navy (his first job!), which made everything else wrong:curse: I only spotted it when i was looking at his discharge papers from 20 years ago.....................I'm sure plenty of other people have also made the same mistake, but at least you've spotted it before the CO. Good luck!