information required

Old Nov 20th 2010, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

stream is an unknown quantity at this point
Default information required

My wife is the main applicant for the 175 skilled migration visa. Now the question is this that is it possible that i travel before her so that i can make the arrangements for my family i mean rent an apartment,etc, etc before the entire family moves to Australia or is it necessary that my wife should travel with me.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 4:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: information required

I assume you mean once the visa is granted of course. You will need to wait and see if there is a condition on the visa that says main applicant must enter first, in which case she will need to be with you, she can always comes back and leave you to set up anyway though. There is no way of knowing whether you will have the condition or not, it is discussed here reasonably often and we have not spotted a pattern.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 4:50 am
Premium Member

armandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nice

Originally Posted by stream
My wife is the main applicant for the 175 skilled migration visa. Now the question is this that is it possible that i travel before her so that i can make the arrangements for my family i mean rent an apartment,etc, etc before the entire family moves to Australia or is it necessary that my wife should travel with me.
You mean the 175 visa has already been granted? If this is the case, IMHO, the visa needs to be validated by the primary applicant (since its her who has been issued the visa in the first place) before you can travel alone.

If the 175 visa has not been granted yet, you can travel on a visitor's visa, which I'm sure you are very much aware of

Cheers,
armandra!
Old Nov 20th 2010, 6:20 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by armandra
You mean the 175 visa has already been granted? If this is the case, IMHO, the visa needs to be validated by the primary applicant (since its her who has been issued the visa in the first place) before you can travel alone.

If the 175 visa has not been granted yet, you can travel on a visitor's visa, which I'm sure you are very much aware of

Cheers,
armandra!
IMHO you know not what you speak of. 1) It is quite possible there will not be a restriction on the primary applicant entering first and therefore he can go first anyway, and 2) if the OP travels on a tourist visa how will he possibly know when to go? He could go today and set this stuff up, but then what happens if they don't get a visa for another year or more? Or not at all?
Old Nov 20th 2010, 6:45 am
Premium Member

armandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
IMHO you know not what you speak of. 1) It is quite possible there will not be a restriction on the primary applicant entering first and therefore he can go first anyway, and 2) if the OP travels on a tourist visa how will he possibly know when to go? He could go today and set this stuff up, but then what happens if they don't get a visa for another year or more? Or not at all?
1. Thanks for correcting me.

2. I meant he can travel on a tourist visa, for say, go around diff states/cities and decide where to head (if the case be). I should have been specific though.

Thanks anyway

armandra!
Old Nov 20th 2010, 6:54 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by armandra
1. Thanks for correcting me.

2. I meant he can travel on a tourist visa, for say, go around diff states/cities and decide where to head (if the case be). I should have been specific though.

Thanks anyway

armandra!
But he asked if he can rent an apartment and get set up. He can't register for Medicare or get a driver's license or get a job or any of the dozen other things that need doing when you arrive in Australia on a PR visa.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

stream is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
But he asked if he can rent an apartment and get set up. He can't register for Medicare or get a driver's license or get a job or any of the dozen other things that need doing when you arrive in Australia on a PR visa.
thanks for your valuable suggestions Dorothy.