Immunisations for children under 7...

Old Jul 29th 2005, 8:34 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute
Question Immunisations for children under 7...

Im sorry if this has been asked before but I saw it somewhere but can't for the life of me think where but....

Do children have to have any special vaccinations. I have a 9 year old and a 19 month old toddler. Now the babe has had her MMR and HIB/Polio/Diptheria and all that but are there any more.

I read somewhere not sure if it was on here that children under 7 yrs old had to have the HIV vaccination. Otherwise you are't allowed child benefit.

Is this right? If so how do I go about getting little Georgia immunised please does anyone know?

Thanks
Ang
Old Jul 29th 2005, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of
Default Re: Immunisations for children under 7...

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Im sorry if this has been asked before but I saw it somewhere but can't for the life of me think where but....

Do children have to have any special vaccinations. I have a 9 year old and a 19 month old toddler. Now the babe has had her MMR and HIB/Polio/Diptheria and all that but are there any more.

I read somewhere not sure if it was on here that children under 7 yrs old had to have the HIV vaccination. Otherwise you are't allowed child benefit.

Is this right? If so how do I go about getting little Georgia immunised please does anyone know?

Thanks
Ang
Hi Ang,
Our children had the standard UK immunisations (now aged 3 and 5) and we get child benefit, the only problem we had is that our GP did not inform the immunisation register and our benefit was cancelled temporarily, big hassles! Anyway, they like children to have Hep B and meningitis C vaccinations that my 2 did not have but they are not compulsory.
Lou
Old Jul 29th 2005, 8:45 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kulu
Hi Ang,
Our children had the standard UK immunisations (now aged 3 and 5) and we get child benefit, the only problem we had is that our GP did not inform the immunisation register and our benefit was cancelled temporarily, big hassles! Anyway, they like children to have Hep B and meningitis C vaccinations that my 2 did not have but they are not compulsory.
Lou
Thanks for the reply so quick. We are hoping to be in Aus by the beginning of September pending our visa arrival. Didn't want to have to go and have another job to sort out. Especially as hey take a couple of weekd to get over these jabs don't they. Besides don't want her to have something unnecessary.

Whereabouts in Aus are you?? And how old was your 3 year old when you flew out if you don't mind me asking that is...

Ang
Old Jul 29th 2005, 9:22 am
ABCDiamond

Thanks
Ang
There is a link to various immunisation info here: http://immunise.health.gov.au/nip/nip.htm

Also: http://www.baysidegp.org.au/programs...ule%202005.htm

One of the Centrelink rules include:
You may be eligible for Child Care Benefit if:
* your child is immunised or exempt from the immunisation requirements

A bit more info at: http://www.abcdiamond.com/brisbane/viewtopic.php?t=141

Old Jul 29th 2005, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Thanks
Ang
HIV vaccination?????
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

Thanks
Ang
You must have meant HepB vaccination!!!

There are no compulsory vaccinations in Australia. But, unlike the UK, there is an exemption form you need to sign if you choose not to have them. Benefits can not be withheld for this reason, although there could be a lot of misinformation or threats in this regard.

HTH.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:00 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Ang
Hi Ang

This was discussed in quite lengthy detail on the lifestyles board recently. Heres the link:-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=immunisation

HTH
Old Jul 29th 2005, 11:38 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Originally Posted by paulb
HIV vaccination?????
yeah sorry meant the HepB.... very tired and not sleeping very well

Thanks for the replies
Cheers ABC for the info will read it up tomorrow

Ang
Old Jul 30th 2005, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of

Thanks for the reply so quick. We are hoping to be in Aus by the beginning of September pending our visa arrival. Didn't want to have to go and have another job to sort out. Especially as hey take a couple of weekd to get over these jabs don't they. Besides don't want her to have something unnecessary.

Whereabouts in Aus are you?? And how old was your 3 year old when you flew out if you don't mind me asking that is...

Ang
Hi Ang,
We are on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland and have been here since last December. My youngest was 2 and 3/4 so a little older than your youngest (of course I don't mind you asking!). Apart from a high temperature mid-way through the first part of our journey (sod's law) the flights went surprisingly well. We flew with Singapore Airlines and would definitely recommend them. Your 9 year old will find loads to do with the inflight movies and games and so on. We took books, crayons, favourite toys and a couple of surprise presents to bribe them with! Thankfully I put some calpol in my hand luggage aswell so it was worth the extra weight I had to lug around the airport!
Where are you going?
Lou
Old Jul 30th 2005, 1:56 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Originally Posted by kulu
Hi Ang,
We are on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland and have been here since last December. My youngest was 2 and 3/4 so a little older than your youngest (of course I don't mind you asking!). Apart from a high temperature mid-way through the first part of our journey (sod's law) the flights went surprisingly well. We flew with Singapore Airlines and would definitely recommend them. Your 9 year old will find loads to do with the inflight movies and games and so on. We took books, crayons, favourite toys and a couple of surprise presents to bribe them with! Thankfully I put some calpol in my hand luggage aswell so it was worth the extra weight I had to lug around the airport!
Where are you going?
Lou
hi Lou

We are off to bayside in Brisbane so not far from you...
We are flying with singapore too have a sky cot booked for georgia so should be okay.
Will have to let you know when we arrive and maybe meet up when we have settled.

Thanks for the replies
Ang