Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

i'm sooo worried!!! but I got a CO today!!!

i'm sooo worried!!! but I got a CO today!!!

Old Mar 16th 2007, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

starxpress is a jewel in the roughstarxpress is a jewel in the roughstarxpress is a jewel in the roughstarxpress is a jewel in the rough
Default i'm sooo worried!!! but I got a CO today!!!

Hey guys!!

After a few weeks of paranoia.... I finally got my CO!!! was an october applicant, 136 MODL.

But... and a major BUT.....

I'm given 70 days to get back to her, although I still have gotta get my clearances from the FBI (i resided in the US for my college years).... and it was quite worrisome to see that it takes some 16 weeks for the FBI to process my PCCs.

I was just wondering that IF i didn't get my US clearances in time, could I write in to the CO to request for a little more time??

I can get the rest of the documents to her in time.

Someone help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Old Mar 16th 2007, 2:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i'm sooo worried!!! but I got a CO today!!!

Originally Posted by starxpress
Hey guys!!

After a few weeks of paranoia.... I finally got my CO!!! was an october applicant, 136 MODL.

But... and a major BUT.....

I'm given 70 days to get back to her, although I still have gotta get my clearances from the FBI (i resided in the US for my college years).... and it was quite worrisome to see that it takes some 16 weeks for the FBI to process my PCCs.

I was just wondering that IF i didn't get my US clearances in time, could I write in to the CO to request for a little more time??

I can get the rest of the documents to her in time.

Someone help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Yes they will give you a bit more time. They might want proof that you have requested it, but other than that it will be fine.

You can stop panicking now
Old Mar 16th 2007, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

starxpress is a jewel in the roughstarxpress is a jewel in the roughstarxpress is a jewel in the roughstarxpress is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Wendy
Yes they will give you a bit more time. They might want proof that you have requested it, but other than that it will be fine.

You can stop panicking now
hey
How are you guys faring in your application?
thanks!!
Old Mar 16th 2007, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

hey
How are you guys faring in your application?
thanks!!

We have had our visa's for over a year and are now in South Australia
Old Mar 16th 2007, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

We have had our visa's for over a year and are now in South Australia
hahha it's nice of you to linger around here and help out still. thanks!!!!
i'm so looking forward to validating my visa .... ~crosses fingers~
Old Mar 16th 2007, 2:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

hahha it's nice of you to linger around here and help out still. thanks!!!!
i'm so looking forward to validating my visa .... ~crosses fingers~

It feel like forever when you are waiting for it, but once it's here it's a mad rush.

It won't be too much longer for you now.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

It feel like forever when you are waiting for it, but once it's here it's a mad rush.

It won't be too much longer for you now.
i'm gonna take my time before heading over there. Taking advantage of the 5 year return-resident rules. I have some job commitment which I have to stay around here (singapore) for another couple of years before i head down under for good.
You're right... The visa processing moves on only if we'd forgotten about it.