IELTS writing

Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:34 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS writing

Originally Posted by LissiAlleman
Every native speaker should be able to reach a high score without preparing on a proper test that checks out if you are able to speak a language. But you have to or should prepare - No way around it. They should change the test and make it fair!!!
Sorry but I disagree, I work with plenty of native English speakers (I'm also a native English speaker, btw) and I don't understand some of them, or they have a tendency to ramble or not relay information properly. There is no way some of them would score over 8.

I don't think it's too much to practice reading passages and practice writing / speaking succinctly, especially if it's been a long time out of school. How exactly would you change the test to make it more "fair"?
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:42 am
Banned

luqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by australia.ind
Guys
I'm in process of preparing for IELTS.

I need some help in getting good material for IELTS writing and Grammar
It would be great if you guys can give me specific links and book names

Thanks
hey Australia.ind would you like to share with us your IELTS score?
Old Mar 5th 2013, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

australia.ind is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by luqmans65
hey Australia.ind would you like to share with us your IELTS score?
Sure.
Reading : 6,Listening :7.5,Writing 7.5,Speaking : 6.5, (O) :7

I was worried for writing during preparation,but in exam reading was very difficult ,thought I may score less than 6.0.But luckily scored exactly 6.

I have exactly 8 years and 1 month of experience till today .So 60 points will do,and also received invitation yesterday.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Sure.
Reading : 6,Listening :7.5,Writing 7.5,Speaking : 6.5, (O) :7

I was worried for writing during preparation,but in exam reading was very difficult ,thought I may score less than 6.0.But luckily scored exactly 6.

I have exactly 8 years and 1 month of experience till today .So 60 points will do,and also received invitation yesterday.
Thanks all for your help in guding me for writing.
Really Ryan's videos helped me a lot.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 11:56 am
Banned

luqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for your help in guding me for writing.
Really Ryan's videos helped me a lot.
Welcome australia.ind and congrats for ur invitation. My test is on 9th march and i need to score 7 each or 6.5 each as i have only three years of experience so lets c what happens
Old Mar 5th 2013, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

derAl is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: IELTS writing

Hello Everybody,

I took the IELTS Test 4 weeks ago with a pretty good outcome - Listening 7.5, Reading 7, Writing 8.5, Speaking 7.5.

Nevertheless I'm thinking to repeat the test, as I want to claim 20 Points for the language competency.

Does anyone know what will happen if I should deteriorate?

Do I have to submit the exam details ever or can I just sweep the result under the carpet and pretend it never happened?

Thank you very much for your comments in advance.

Cheerio

Al
Old Mar 5th 2013, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

derAl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everybody,

I took the IELTS Test 4 weeks ago with a pretty good outcome - Listening 7.5, Reading 7, Writing 8.5, Speaking 7.5.

Nevertheless I'm thinking to repeat the test, as I want to claim 20 Points for the language competency.

Do I have to submit the exam details ever or can I just sweep the result under the carpet and pretend it never happened?

Cheerio
Al
Old Mar 5th 2013, 2:55 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derAl
Hello Everybody,

Cheerio
Al

Hi Al,

As long as the results are valid, you can submit whichever you choose, so if you do worse in your next test, just go with the first result. However, if you have enough points with your current result, then I wouldn't bother repeating the test.

Good luck
Old Mar 9th 2013, 5:10 pm
Banned

Guys ,Pls suggest me some tips for scoring 7 in writing.My teacher suggested that I should use lexical resource,coerence and cohesive..

Can someone provide me good material for it?
hey australia.in i took my test today. worried about speaking module, examiner asked very difficult questions. any idea how they mark your speaking.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

There are no "right answers". They are considering your fluency and use of language. It is a difficult exam and is a real cash-spinner for Cambridge and IELTS-Australia who are the dual providers.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

AnnZ is an unknown quantity at this point

hey australia.in i took my test today. worried about speaking module, examiner asked very difficult questions. any idea how they mark your speaking.
Wish you all the best with results.
Can u share your exp of all four modules?

Eager to hear good result from you.
cheers!
Old Mar 10th 2013, 4:21 am
Banned

Listening was good writing part was perfect but reading and speaking troubled me a bit
Old Mar 10th 2013, 4:35 am
Banned

Thanks for your wishes annz
Old Mar 11th 2013, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your wishes annz
Speaking I didn't expect 6.5,I thought I'll score minimum 7.
Don't worry u'll definitely score good marks

Good Luck..
Old Mar 15th 2013, 10:27 am
Banned

Speaking I didn't expect 6.5,I thought I'll score minimum 7.
Don't worry u'll definitely score good marks

Good Luck..
thank you