australia.ind is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS writing

Guys
I'm in process of preparing for IELTS.

I need some help in getting good material for IELTS writing and Grammar
It would be great if you guys can give me specific links and book names

Thanks
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 4:44 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS writing

Originally Posted by australia.ind
Guys
I'm in process of preparing for IELTS.

I need some help in getting good material for IELTS writing and Grammar
It would be great if you guys can give me specific links and book names

Thanks
Hi australia.ind

you could try this one

http://www.ielts-exam.net/IELTS-Writ...ts-writing.htm

sure I used something like it but got this from google

What score do you need, and which test are you taking? If you are more specific with a search you can get good sample pieces.

Good luck
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

HI
I need to score 7 in all bands (GT)
I'm fine with listening,reading,speaking.

I'm really concerned about writing.I have my exam on Feb 14th.I should be ready by that time.

How hard is it to score 7?
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 8:04 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

HI

I'm really concerned about writing.I have my exam on Feb 14th.I should be ready by that time.

For me, it wasn't difficult, but I'm a native brit. Others have obviously struggled, and it all depends on ability and practice. Have a look at some sample pieces and then have a practice. There are lots of examples on the internet.

Good luck
Old Jan 26th 2013, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

shah is an unknown quantity at this point

HI

It is not that difficult provided your letter and essay are not shorter than desired, grammar is correct and you cover all the points asked by the examiner. All the best.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

prattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond repute

I agree to shah. If you can write required words related to topic along with perfect grammer, you should be in a good position to score 7 or more.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by prattech
I agree to shah. If you can write required words related to topic along with perfect grammer, you should be in a good position to score 7 or more.
When i gave my IELTS, i received 7.5 in listening and reading and 8 in speaking, while my writing was 6.5. This was a surprise and real ba luck having missed by 0.5 points. Thus I applied for a remark and after 2 months my writing came back as 7.5.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

prattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shah
When i gave my IELTS, i received 7.5 in listening and reading and 8 in speaking, while my writing was 6.5. This was a surprise and real ba luck having missed by 0.5 points. Thus I applied for a remark and after 2 months my writing came back as 7.5.
Hey Shah,
Same is the case for me. I received L 7 , R 7.5, W 6 and S 7.5.

What tips do you suggest for better writting score?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Shah,

Oh, you could have gone for a remark if you were confident that your writing exam was up to the mark. Writing is subjective so there is always a chance.

I think if you address all what is being asked in the letter and essay, present it in a nice manner and make the arguments strong then you always have a good chance to score.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 12:46 am
Banned

luqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond repute

you can take some help from ryan higins (eglish ryan) channel on youtube. it's only for writing. He's an expert in writing and most of his students, who followed him, got 9 in writing.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 12:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Native speakerts of English often have proble3ms - sometimes with reading. If you spend 20 yaers reading nothing but The Sun, doing an IELTS can be quite a challenge. I was an IELTS Examiner for 3 years and did a couple of stints in the UK. An eye-opener. Chinese stuidents often found the exam easier than native users of English.

For those doing the Exam there is a great deal of material avaialble on the internet.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scot47
Native speakerts of English often have proble3ms - sometimes with reading. If you spend 20 yaers reading nothing but The Sun, doing an IELTS can be quite a challenge. I was an IELTS Examiner for 3 years and did a couple of stints in the UK. An eye-opener. Chinese stuidents often found the exam easier than native users of English.

For those doing the Exam there is a great deal of material avaialble on the internet.
When i gave my IELTS for the first time, i scored only 5.5 in reading. The reason being by the time I reached the last section, which is the lengthiest and most tough, my time was almost over.

During my second attempt i started the reading section from the backwards and it went really smooth. Bagged 7.5 that time.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Shah,

Guys ,Pls suggest me some tips for scoring 7 in writing.My teacher suggested that I should use lexical resource,coerence and cohesive..

Can someone provide me good material for it?
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 5:12 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47

I would be seriously worried if my IELTS were being scored by someone with the above writing.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by luqmans65
you can take some help from ryan higins (eglish ryan) channel on youtube. it's only for writing. He's an expert in writing and most of his students, who followed him, got 9 in writing.
Thank you luqmans65, I will have a look.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.