Wikiposts

IELTS - What book is best??

Old Feb 6th 2010, 4:46 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice
Default Re: IELTS - What book is best??

[QUOTE=wilson01;8317869]
Originally Posted by Lyx

True, I forgot about that. I know a couple of Nurses who applied for Nurse Registration back in May so they wouldn't have to do IELTS. They must be hoping to get a 457 visa as if they do PR then they will sure have to do IELTS
I don't know if its changed but last year ANMC were accepting modified assessments without IELTS, so if they already have nurse registration then they can get skills assessed with a modified one and not need IELTS - if you know what I mean.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Lyx;8317886]
Originally Posted by wilson01

I don't know if its changed but last year ANMC were accepting modified assessments without IELTS, so if they already have nurse registration then they can get skills assessed with a modified one and not need IELTS - if you know what I mean.
Typical!!! Lol, I should have registered back in June and then submitted the modified one Would have cost me a third of the price
Old Feb 6th 2010, 5:04 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

[QUOTE=wilson01;8317910]
Originally Posted by Lyx

Typical!!! Lol, I should have registered back in June and then submitted the modified one Would have cost me a third of the price
I know, stupidly I thought that the IELTS was just an ANMC thing so made sure I applied before 1st July, but then I had to sit the bloody thing for QNC.
The amount of money I've spent on this is quite frightening - but not as frightening as the cost of the validation trip!!!!! I'm trying not to think about it.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Lyx;8317924]

I know, stupidly I thought that the IELTS was just an ANMC thing so made sure I applied before 1st July, but then I had to sit the bloody thing for QNC.
The amount of money I've spent on this is quite frightening - but not as frightening as the cost of the validation trip!!!!! I'm trying not to think about it.
I know, I hate adding it all up, but had to be done! Im not doing a reccie or anything like that. We're just going and treating it like an adventure Saying that, I may change my mind as I get closer
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

xLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nice

I applied for the ANMC assessment before they brought out the IELTS requirement which was lucky

I know what ur saying, there is no good time to do something like this and there will always be some excuse not to go.....but your kids are grown up now and its time for you, even better though if your son can join you at a later date

My boys are 14 and 10 and I am just hoping right now that the court decides in our favour or I am faced with the toughest decision i'll ever make in my whole life.....go to court in March so only time will tell i suppose. Can't wait to be with my Sister and my Dad again, they've been away for a year already, my eldest is there just now and is coming back next Thurs he's been away since November so looking forward to that!!!!

We were actually quite surprised that we got our case officer so quickly, I'd banked on not getting one until April/March but got a surprise at the end of Nov so fingers crossed it happens that way for you

L

How did you get ANMC assessment without IELTS? Just interested.

Anyway, I know what you mean bout the money but the best thing is, is that you will only have to pay licence fee and not the whole lot with just re-registering
Our situation is same, just waiting for CO and then we will do meds etc. We are hoping to be there by September this year though
Really dont think my kids believe im going. Theyre grown up but we are all very close and i know im gonna cry and miss them so much. God, i cry all the time when i think about leaving my 2 year old grandaughter Niamh And I have another on the way But like I keep telling my daughter, I cant keep saying "O well, il just wait till after this as there will always be something to keep me from going. However, watched WDU last night and really happy as my son is a qualified carpet fitter, currently on MODL (watch this space) so just hoping my kids will join me in the future