I finally GOT IT!!!

Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:55 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light
Default I finally GOT IT!!!

Well, what do you know?! I finally let my impatience get the better of me and rang DIMIA to find out what was happening with my PR application, only to be told that they had just posted my pre-grant letter!

Here's the timeline:
30 May 2003 - Application for Skilled Independent received at ASPC (I was a recent Australian graduate, so no need for proof of work experience)
2 June 2003 - Acknowledgement received
8 March 2004 - Police & meds requested (9 months later)
10 March 2004 - Sent off details of my defacto spouse, who wasn't originally included in the application.
1 April 2004 - Police & meds requested for my partner
28 April 2004 - Meds sent to Adelaide
14 June 2004 - Police checks sent to Adelaide (after a long time waiting for the Australian police checks)
10 August 2004 - Pre-grant letter sent

I was prepared for a long wait, but I wasn't expecting it to take 14.5 months (the last few months have felt like torture!). I was processed with the 'Region 2' lot, who seem to be veeery slow. For those still waiting, good luck, and remember it will come... eventually!

-Sara
Old Aug 13th 2004, 9:03 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I finally GOT IT!!!

Congratulations Sara. Enjoy the celebrating!!!!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 11:05 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Originally Posted by saraliz
Well, what do you know?! I finally let my impatience get the better of me and rang DIMIA to find out what was happening with my PR application, only to be told that they had just posted my pre-grant letter!

Here's the timeline:
30 May 2003 - Application for Skilled Independent received at ASPC (I was a recent Australian graduate, so no need for proof of work experience)
10 March 2004 - Sent off details of my defacto spouse, who wasn't originally included in the application.
14 June 2004 - Police checks sent to Adelaide (after a long time waiting for the Australian police checks)

I was prepared for a long wait, but I wasn't expecting it to take 14.5 months (the last few months have felt like torture!). I was processed with the 'Region 2' lot, who seem to be veeery slow. For those still waiting, good luck, and remember it will come... eventually!

-Sara
Yeah! Well done!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 11:21 am
Kangaro

sameerj200 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Sara !!
I am one of the applicants with REGION 2 : Wish me all the best-- my Police check has reached there on 30th June. I wish that my Letter also follows yours.

Sam
Old Aug 13th 2004, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Here's the timeline:

-Sara
Great news Sara time to get out the champers
Debs xxx
Old Aug 13th 2004, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

ozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really nice

Congratulations ! The wait has finally paid off !

Here's the timeline:

-Sara
Old Aug 13th 2004, 4:55 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Here's the timeline:

-Sara
Hi Sara,
Congratulations!!! It's a good feeling when it's finally sorted out!!!
Enjoy your celebrations!!! We did!!!
Shell
Old Aug 13th 2004, 9:08 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future
Smile Re: I finally GOT IT!!!

Congrats !!!
Old Aug 14th 2004, 1:01 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks all! I've been celebrating tonight (so apologies if this is a bit incoherent!). Got the envelope in the post today - it was a white one, so they must have run out of yellows The letter wasn't signed by my original case officer, so I assume that I was assigned a new case officer some time after the requests for police & meds (which could explain the delay). Good luck to all!
Old Aug 14th 2004, 6:40 am
Just Joined

dxb2oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sara,

Congrats !!! Your "Got It" is very reassuring. I am also from Region-2 and waiting desperatley.