British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   I finally GOT IT!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/i-finally-got-248497/)

saraliz Aug 13th 2004 8:55 am

I finally GOT IT!!!

Well, what do you know?! I finally let my impatience get the better of me and rang DIMIA to find out what was happening with my PR application, only to be told that they had just posted my pre-grant letter! :D

Here's the timeline:
30 May 2003 - Application for Skilled Independent received at ASPC (I was a recent Australian graduate, so no need for proof of work experience)
2 June 2003 - Acknowledgement received
8 March 2004 - Police & meds requested (9 months later)
10 March 2004 - Sent off details of my defacto spouse, who wasn't originally included in the application.
1 April 2004 - Police & meds requested for my partner
28 April 2004 - Meds sent to Adelaide
14 June 2004 - Police checks sent to Adelaide (after a long time waiting for the Australian police checks)
10 August 2004 - Pre-grant letter sent :)

I was prepared for a long wait, but I wasn't expecting it to take 14.5 months (the last few months have felt like torture!). I was processed with the 'Region 2' lot, who seem to be veeery slow. For those still waiting, good luck, and remember it will come... eventually!

-Sara

diddy Aug 13th 2004 9:03 am

Re: I finally GOT IT!!!

Congratulations Sara. Enjoy the celebrating!!!!

claire edwards Aug 13th 2004 11:05 am

Originally Posted by saraliz
Well, what do you know?! I finally let my impatience get the better of me and rang DIMIA to find out what was happening with my PR application, only to be told that they had just posted my pre-grant letter! :D

Here's the timeline:
30 May 2003 - Application for Skilled Independent received at ASPC (I was a recent Australian graduate, so no need for proof of work experience)
10 March 2004 - Sent off details of my defacto spouse, who wasn't originally included in the application.
14 June 2004 - Police checks sent to Adelaide (after a long time waiting for the Australian police checks)

I was prepared for a long wait, but I wasn't expecting it to take 14.5 months (the last few months have felt like torture!). I was processed with the 'Region 2' lot, who seem to be veeery slow. For those still waiting, good luck, and remember it will come... eventually!

-Sara

Yeah! Well done!

sameerj200 Aug 13th 2004 11:21 am

Congrats Sara !!
I am one of the applicants with REGION 2 : Wish me all the best-- my Police check has reached there on 30th June. I wish that my Letter also follows yours.

Sam

xxdebsonlinexx Aug 13th 2004 11:23 am

Here's the timeline:

-Sara

Great news Sara time to get out the champers
Debs xxx

ozanand2004 Aug 13th 2004 2:19 pm

Congratulations ! The wait has finally paid off !

Here's the timeline:

-Sara

shecha Aug 13th 2004 4:55 pm

Here's the timeline:

-Sara

Hi Sara,
Congratulations!!! It's a good feeling when it's finally sorted out!!!
Enjoy your celebrations!!! We did!!!
Shell

badri Aug 13th 2004 9:08 pm

Congrats !!!

saraliz Aug 14th 2004 1:01 am

Thanks all! I've been celebrating tonight (so apologies if this is a bit incoherent!). Got the envelope in the post today - it was a white one, so they must have run out of yellows :) The letter wasn't signed by my original case officer, so I assume that I was assigned a new case officer some time after the requests for police & meds (which could explain the delay). Good luck to all!

dxb2oz Aug 14th 2004 6:40 am

Hi Sara,

Congrats !!! Your "Got It" is very reassuring. I am also from Region-2 and waiting desperatley.