Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How long it usually take to get result for skill assessment from ACS?

How long it usually take to get result for skill assessment from ACS?

Old Sep 26th 2006, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Haktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant future
Default Re: How long it usually take to get result for skill assessment from ACS?

Originally Posted by perz
Hi, I'm recent graduate in Australia and just sent my application today to ACS to have my skill assessment. I'm wondering how long it usually take to get the result cause my medical check might be expired soon before i can lodge PR application. Thanks.
Hi,

Mine took about 8 weeks, once they received the second batch of paperwork they requested.

Good luck

H
Old Sep 29th 2006, 7:08 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long it usually take to get result for skill assessment from ACS?

Originally Posted by Cardos
My status has changed as of today to 'With assessor', in addition to this I now have a footnote on the webpage informing me :

'Please allow up to 10 days if living in Australia or 21 days for overseas for your result letter to arrive.'

I am REALLY bricking it now LOL!!!!!
SNAP :-)

Excellent news for us on checking the ACS site this morning. Very chuffed, and all of a sudden crappng ourselves and asking "what if they say no?" What are we like (rolls eyes)? lol

Gil
Old Sep 29th 2006, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Cardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to all

Originally Posted by herrchook
SNAP :-)

Excellent news for us on checking the ACS site this morning. Very chuffed, and all of a sudden crappng ourselves and asking "what if they say no?" What are we like (rolls eyes)? lol

Gil
Excellent news Gil,

I been going home every lunch time to check the mail oO

I been the same, thinking what if............I keep having to read over my app and telling myself it's got a strong chance of a + result, and if it does fail then it's not the end of the world (although I may have to go postal on a few people here @ work LOL)

Im really routing for u & the OH Gil, I know ur relying on this...................looking @ other people's time lines, for UK applicants I see most peoples apps are taking four days from changing staus to landing on the door step...................today is day 4 for me!!!!!!

Good luck, we shud both know really soon
Old Sep 29th 2006, 7:46 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

looking @ other people's time lines, for UK applicants I see most peoples apps are taking four days from changing staus to landing on the door step...................today is day 4 for me!!!!!!

Good luck, we shud both know really soon
Day 4 OMG - you going homa at lunch time then? :-)

Fingers crossed.

Gill
Old Sep 29th 2006, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Cardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to all

Day 4 OMG - you going homa at lunch time then? :-)

Fingers crossed.

Gill
I tell u wot Gill, I wouldnt have even come in this morning if the postman ever got round to our house before 11am
Old Sep 29th 2006, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

I just got back from home, and OMFG!!!!!!!! I got a + result, for group B.

I had a good cry, a good laugh and then phoned family and friends.

It's been 7 years since I got back from Aus and decided I wonted to emigrate, with no skills or qualifications...............it just feels like all those years of hard work have paid off.

After a few (15 or so) drinks tonight, it's on with the 138 application.

Hope to hear your good news early next week Gill, and gd luck to every one waiting
Old Sep 29th 2006, 11:52 am
Sunny Sydney

I just got back from home, and OMFG!!!!!!!! I got a + result, for group B.

I had a good cry, a good laugh and then phoned family and friends.

It's been 7 years since I got back from Aus and decided I wonted to emigrate, with no skills or qualifications...............it just feels like all those years of hard work have paid off.

After a few (15 or so) drinks tonight, it's on with the 138 application.

Hope to hear your good news early next week Gill, and gd luck to every one waiting
That's fantastic Cardos. Well done. After all that work you certainly deserve it.

Fingers crossed we'll hear next week, and that we'll both be October 2006 applicants :-)

Looks like it was worth going home then ;-) Bet you get NO work done this arvo :-) lol

Gill

Last edited by herrchook; Sep 29th 2006 at 11:56 am.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

That's fantastic Cardos. Well done. After all that work you certainly deserve it.

Fingers crossed we'll hear next week, and that we'll both be October 2006 applicants :-)

Looks like it was worth going home then ;-) Bet you get NO work done this arvo :-) lol

Gill
hehehehehehehehe......how well u know me LOL, all I can do is browse BE, and grin alot
Old Sep 29th 2006, 1:10 pm
Sunny Sydney

hehehehehehehehe......how well u know me LOL, all I can do is browse BE, and grin alot
Never mind grinning, get that visa application filled out :-)
Old Sep 29th 2006, 6:26 pm

congratulationn herrchook
From
Atiq

herrchook wrote:
    > > I just got back from home, and OMFG!!!!!!!! I got a + result, for
    > > group B.
    > >
    > > I had a good cry, a good laugh and then phoned family and friends.
    > >
    > > It's been 7 years since I got back from Aus and decided I wonted to
    > > emigrate, with no skills or qualifications...............it just feels
    > > like all those years of hard work have paid off.
    > >
    > > After a few (15 or so) drinks tonight, it's on with the 138
    > > application.
    > >
    > > Hope to hear your good news early next week Gill, and gd luck to every
    > > one waiting ;)
    > That's fantastic Cardos. Well done. After all that work you certainly
    > deserve it.
    > Fingers crossed we'll hear next week, and that we'll both be October
    > 2006 applicants :-)
    > Looks like it was worth going home then ;-) Bet you get NO work done
    > this arvo :-) lol
    >
    > Gill
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Oct 3rd 2006, 7:27 am
Sunny Sydney

Woohoooo, our lovely agent confirmed our positive skills assessment this morning. :-)

Been with assessor since Friday.

Hoping our DIMA forms will arrive today or tomorrow so we can get the visa applied for asap.

Feels GREAT :-)

Gill
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Woohoooo, our lovely agent confirmed our positive skills assessment this morning. :-)

Been with assessor since Friday.

Hoping our DIMA forms will arrive today or tomorrow so we can get the visa applied for asap.

Feels GREAT :-)

Gill
Thats FANTASTIC news Gill, well played you guys

I been waiting for this post from u, although I didnt think it wud come till later in the week.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 8:29 am
Sunny Sydney

Thats FANTASTIC news Gill, well played you guys

I been waiting for this post from u, although I didnt think it wud come till later in the week.
cheers mate. We thought it would be tomorrow or Thursday so V surprised this morning.

Our visa application hasn't arrived with our agent yet, but hopefully will tomorrow (it's in Oz somewhere according to the tracking). Looks likely we'll be October applicants :-)

Feels great doesn't it?
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

cheers mate. We thought it would be tomorrow or Thursday so V surprised this morning.

Our visa application hasn't arrived with our agent yet, but hopefully will tomorrow (it's in Oz somewhere according to the tracking). Looks likely we'll be October applicants :-)

Feels great doesn't it?
yer, it sure does feel great, I got really drunk on Friday night with friends but have been filling out forms ever since........i keep looking at them and getting the shudders.......im either excited or I picked up a nasty bug on Friday

Is it Melbourne ur headed Gill?, me and Xsta are off to Brisvegas, or so it's looking....we had always planned on Perth but with silly house prices and family in Bris looks like we are going East.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 4:25 am
Just Joined

arszone is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: How long it usually take to get result for skill assessment from ACS?

Originally Posted by HoofArted
My ACS assessment came through in 26 days. I guess it is all down to how much information you provide. My suggestion is that you package everything up in proper divided, marked, indexed and catalogued style. From looking at the index of my application, they knew exactly which section to go to to see what they needed. Nobody likes receiving a pile of paper with no index and no easy access to the information they want to see. Follow the rules and requirements exactly!

This is a presentation to sell yourself. You must do it like you are applying for the job of your life and make it as easy and clear as possible for the assessor.

Just some tips for other wanting to apply.

Dean

Thanks for the TIps It Really HELPS Everyone!!!
I really really appreciate your valuable tips.
Thanks and I hope everyone does the same

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.