Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How long it usually take to get result for skill assessment from ACS?

How long it usually take to get result for skill assessment from ACS?

Old Aug 24th 2006, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

perz is an unknown quantity at this point
Post How long it usually take to get result for skill assessment from ACS?

Hi, I'm recent graduate in Australia and just sent my application today to ACS to have my skill assessment. I'm wondering how long it usually take to get the result cause my medical check might be expired soon before i can lodge PR application. Thanks.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 6:13 am
alien

silentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to all
Default Re: How long it usually take to get result for skill assessment from ACS?

Originally Posted by perz
Hi, I'm recent graduate in Australia and just sent my application today to ACS to have my skill assessment. I'm wondering how long it usually take to get the result cause my medical check might be expired soon before i can lodge PR application. Thanks.
Hi
Officially it takes 8 weeks. But I got mine in about 5 weeks. It takes more time if they request you for additional papers.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 6:37 am
johanesrudis

Default Re: How long it usually take to get result for skill assessment from ACS?

Hi there,

My application arrived at ACS on 14 Feb 06, and then I got the result
on 20 Apr 06. Anyhow, you can actually look around at other's timelines
at www.austimeline.com.

Cheers.

perz wrote:
    > Hi, I'm recent graduate in Australia and just sent my application today
    > to ACS to have my skill assessment. I'm wondering how long it usually
    > take to get the result cause my medical check might be expired soon
    > before i can lodge PR application. Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are recently graduated does that mean you are on a student visa? If so the medical for this is different to the medical for PR anyway so you won't be able to use it.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

perz is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, im on student visa, but when i went to have my med check i told them that i'll use that for applying permanent residence and they seems understand. Anyway, sounds like i need to do the med check again anyway.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 2:18 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

I applied to ACS in June, the requested more Docs, and I sent then in July, I got a mail mid/late July stating 10 more weeks, but he letter arrived with in 3!!!

Good luck.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: How long it usually take to get result for skill assessment from ACS?

Hi Perz,
It took me 3 months! a lost letter and a considerable delay. But by taking a look at Austimeline, you can see that it's normally less than 40 days.
Good luck,

Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

HoofArted is an unknown quantity at this point

My ACS assessment came through in 26 days. I guess it is all down to how much information you provide. My suggestion is that you package everything up in proper divided, marked, indexed and catalogued style. From looking at the index of my application, they knew exactly which section to go to to see what they needed. Nobody likes receiving a pile of paper with no index and no easy access to the information they want to see. Follow the rules and requirements exactly!

This is a presentation to sell yourself. You must do it like you are applying for the job of your life and make it as easy and clear as possible for the assessor.

Just some tips for other wanting to apply.

Dean
Old Aug 26th 2006, 6:15 am

hi

17-07-2006 Documents received on acs
19-07-2006 I received email from acs they need one more documents
before process
My online status is documents waiting
07-08-2006 they received my required documents changed online status in
process
so till now I my status in process

I am from Pakistan how much more time required completing ACS
assessment?

When the will changed my acs assortment with accessory?

Reagrds

Atiq

Old Sep 11th 2006, 7:54 am

on 06-09-2006 my status has changed with acessor i hope i will gor
results soon

Atiq
[email protected] wrote:
    > hi
    > 17-07-2006 Documents received on acs
    > 19-07-2006 I received email from acs they need one more documents
    > before process
    > My online status is documents waiting
    > 07-08-2006 they received my required documents changed online status in
    > process
    > so till now I my status in process
    > I am from Pakistan how much more time required completing ACS
    > assessment?
    > When the will changed my acs assortment with accessory?
    >
    >
    > Reagrds
    >
    > Atiq

Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute

More than likely you will be informed next few days.
hope to hear good news.
Good luck,

Originally Posted by [email protected]
results soon

Atiq
[email protected] wrote:
    > hi
    > 17-07-2006 Documents received on acs
    > 19-07-2006 I received email from acs they need one more documents
    > before process
    > My online status is documents waiting
    > 07-08-2006 they received my required documents changed online status in
    > process
    > so till now I my status in process
    > I am from Pakistan how much more time required completing ACS
    > assessment?
    > When the will changed my acs assortment with accessory?
    >
    >
    > Reagrds
    >
    > Atiq
Old Sep 11th 2006, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Cardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to all

Originally Posted by [email protected]
results soon

Atiq
Good luck fella, ACS recieved my app on the 10th Aug, charged my CC on the 13th, to-date the application status still reads 'To be allocated'??????? Dunno what this means, I would have expected it to of changed status by now....but I guess I got to wait out the 10 weeks they recommend before I should enquire further.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Cardos
Good luck fella, ACS recieved my app on the 10th Aug, charged my CC on the 13th, to-date the application status still reads 'To be allocated'??????? Dunno what this means, I would have expected it to of changed status by now....but I guess I got to wait out the 10 weeks they recommend before I should enquire further.
Ours was received by ACS 15.08.06 and we are still waiting to be allocated. Really frustrating!!!! I just hope that once it is allocated the process is pretty quick.

Don't know how I will survive waiting for the actual visa app!!!!
Old Sep 11th 2006, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Cardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Ours was received by ACS 15.08.06 and we are still waiting to be allocated. Really frustrating!!!! I just hope that once it is allocated the process is pretty quick.

Don't know how I will survive waiting for the actual visa app!!!!
Great, not just me then, phewwww........just the response I was hoping for LOL, fingers crossed for u m8........wont be long now.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Just an update to the above, my application has moved on slightly, I have been allocated and additional documents have been requested, in the form of my Microsoft transcript sharing ID, which have been sent off this morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.