How Long for STNI

Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:49 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold
Default How Long for STNI

Can anyone tell me how long are the STNI visas taking at the moment, I've checked out the timeline site and there doesn't seem to be any updates on it for ages now

How long did it take you get your meds requested on an STNI visa?

Thanks

Sasha
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:10 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How Long for STNI

Hi Sasha,

We are going the STNI route and as far as we know the processing times are approximatly 3 to 6 months. I think that SA are alot quicker.

We are not too sure which state we are going to move too yet, but SA is on the top of our list at the moment.

VIC you can apply for STNI prior to receiving your skills assessment but SA you can't.

Hope it helps

Rob

Originally posted by snappy
Can anyone tell me how long are the STNI visas taking at the moment, I've checked out the timeline site and there doesn't seem to be any updates on it for ages now

How long did it take you get your meds requested on an STNI visa?

Thanks

Sasha
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:14 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Hi Sasha,

We are going the STNI route and as far as we know the processing times are approximatly 3 to 6 months. I think that SA are alot quicker.

We are not too sure which state we are going to move too yet, but SA is on the top of our list at the moment.

VIC you can apply for STNI prior to receiving your skills assessment but SA you can't.

Hope it helps

Rob
Hi Rob

We have had our TRA approved and have been accepted by SA for STNI the main application is now in with the DIMIA so with everyone talking about delays etc I just wondered what affect it has had on the timelines for the actual visa getting granted and at what point should I expect a request for meds.

I doubt it will be a while yet as it has only been a couple of weeks but just so I can prepare myself for it!

I did answer your thread about SA as I love Adelaide and I can't wait to get there, why haven't you joined Adelaidebrits yet then?

Sasha
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:29 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Hi Sasha,

Just joined it.

Have not had a chance to really have a look at the web site as i am meant to be working!!!!

I have not sent my info to TRA yet as my agent Glenn Newton is scutanising my skills as we speak. Once i get everything documented, i hope to submitt my application by the middle of November so we would be looking at applying for SA STNI sometime around the end of February.

Rob

Hi Rob

We have had our TRA approved and have been accepted by SA for STNI the main application is now in with the DIMIA so with everyone talking about delays etc I just wondered what affect it has had on the timelines for the actual visa getting granted and at what point should I expect a request for meds.

I doubt it will be a while yet as it has only been a couple of weeks but just so I can prepare myself for it!

I did answer your thread about SA as I love Adelaide and I can't wait to get there, why haven't you joined Adelaidebrits yet then?

Sasha
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:35 am
I need a beer.....

Originally posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Hi Sasha,

Just joined it.

Have not had a chance to really have a look at the web site as i am meant to be working!!!!

I have not sent my info to TRA yet as my agent Glenn Newton is scutanising my skills as we speak. Once i get everything documented, i hope to submitt my application by the middle of November so we would be looking at applying for SA STNI sometime around the end of February.

Rob
Once you get your skill assessment it is suprising how quick things take for STNI. Plus the fact you have other things to deal with like selling your house to keep you busy whilst waiting (as I am now!) for the main visa.

Good luck with the application and check out the FAQ section on Adelaidebrits and it has loads of info there for you.

Sasha
Old Aug 6th 2004, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Once you get your skill assessment it is suprising how quick things take for STNI. Plus the fact you have other things to deal with like selling your house to keep you busy whilst waiting (as I am now!) for the main visa.

Good luck with the application and check out the FAQ section on Adelaidebrits and it has loads of info there for you.

Sasha
Sasha - not had a reply to my email from DIMIA, but I'll put a post on both here and adelaidebrits when I get it.

Marco
Old Aug 6th 2004, 11:11 am
I need a beer.....

Originally posted by marco121068
Sasha - not had a reply to my email from DIMIA, but I'll put a post on both here and adelaidebrits when I get it.

Marco
Thanks Marco. It is a shame they haven't replied to you before the weekend but then again what's another couple of days!

I just wish I had some idea of how long it is all taking at the moment.

See you on AB.

Sasha
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Marco. It is a shame they haven't replied to you before the weekend but then again what's another couple of days!

I just wish I had some idea of how long it is all taking at the moment.

See you on AB.

Sasha

Well - would you believe it? Got home tonight to find a little white envelope on the mat. Inside was my credit card receipt.....and my reference number! There wasn't any mention of any timescales or anything, just confirmation of the applicants and visa class.

They said that when one gets assigned, I'll hear from a case officer.

And now the wait continues.......

Marco