Parent on 47SK

Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

ozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really nice
Default Parent on 47SK

Hi Folks !

I was wondering if anybody here has included his/her parent in the form 47SK (skilled independent). I am planning to include my mother in the application and any thoughts/ experiences would be helpful. Please share success stories, issues, etc..

Thanks in advance !
Anand
Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:44 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent on 47SK

Originally posted by ozanand2004
Hi Folks !

I was wondering if anybody here has included his/her parent in the form 47SK (skilled independent). I am planning to include my mother in the application and any thoughts/ experiences would be helpful. Please share success stories, issues, etc..

Thanks in advance !
Anand
Do you mean your mum is emigrating with you?
or what to write on the form?
Donna.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

ozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really nice

Yes, my Mom is emigrating with me (hopefully).. On going thru Booklet 6 about dependants, they are not clear as to what a dependant means.. I am trying to find out if someone else has included his/ her parent on 47SK..

Thanks !

Originally posted by madsad
Do you mean your mum is emigrating with you?
or what to write on the form?
Donna.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:46 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ozanand2004
Yes, my Mom is emigrating with me (hopefully).. On going thru Booklet 6 about dependants, they are not clear as to what a dependant means.. I am trying to find out if someone else has included his/ her parent on 47SK..

Thanks !
I think either way your mum is not your dependant? (maybe wrong on how iam reading this?) dependent is your child?stepchildren?
Please wait for more replys-had a FEW wines!!we did fill in the same form & put down our own kids,but they have a question on parents aswell?
please talk to someone who does know,dont put something down on the form & hope for the best.
Good luck
Donna.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 10:06 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I think either way your mum is not your dependant? (maybe wrong on how iam reading this?) dependent is your child?stepchildren?
Please wait for more replys-had a FEW wines!!we did fill in the same form & put down our own kids,but they have a question on parents aswell?
please talk to someone who does know,dont put something down on the form & hope for the best.
Good luck
Donna.
What the original poster wants to do is only possible in the most *exceptional* of cases and carries risks for his own application if the parent fails the health requirement (it could get refused).

He's already been advised to obtain professional advice, if my memory is correct.

Asking about a subject like this on an online forum is not going to glean any useful information.

The *normal* route to bring parents to Australia is via the Contributory Parent visa, a few years after migrating (if requirements are met). Any other visa solution is only going to work in a small minority of cases, and usually only then with good professional advice.

Jeremy
Old Aug 6th 2004, 10:46 pm

Originally posted by JAJ
What the original poster wants to do is only possible in the most *exceptional* of cases and carries risks for his own application if the parent fails the health requirement (it could get refused).

He's already been advised to obtain professional advice, if my memory is correct.

Asking about a subject like this on an online forum is not going to glean any useful information.

The *normal* route to bring parents to Australia is via the Contributory Parent visa, a few years after migrating (if requirements are met). Any other visa solution is only going to work in a small minority of cases, and usually only then with good professional advice.

Jeremy
Jeremy,
Would it make any difference if my mum was solvent?
Donna.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 11:10 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Requirements are far too complex to get into on an online forum.

I don't have a great deal to add over and above what I've posted.

Jeremy

Jeremy,
Would it make any difference if my mum was solvent?
Donna.