how long for nurses to get visas???

Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future
Wink how long for nurses to get visas???

hi anyone,

keep hearing all kinds of different time scales for nurse applications for general skilled migration to be processed... can anyone provide me with any information regarding the above?

some say nurses are getting through in 3 months others say it makes little difference if you are a nurse or not... just wondering...

does anyone have any personal experience re. this matter...

cheers for your time...
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:35 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how long for nurses to get visas???

Nurses do get priority processing. However the length of time a specific case takes does vary - all cases are different. For example, if there's a complex background check, child custody issue, medical issue etc processing times can be longer than normal.

You need an ANCI skill assessment in advance before you can apply.

Jeremy

Originally Posted by honeybob
hi anyone,

keep hearing all kinds of different time scales for nurse applications for general skilled migration to be processed... can anyone provide me with any information regarding the above?

some say nurses are getting through in 3 months others say it makes little difference if you are a nurse or not... just wondering...

cheers for your time...
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

sue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura about

hi anyone,

cheers for your time...
Hi Honeybob, I believe that nurses are the only occupation on the ministers list for fast tracking. But I believe it has something to do with where you are going to relocate i.e. a designated area where nurses are more in
demand. I am a nurse who has applied for skilled Australian sponsored and hope to go to Kilcoy on the outer metropolitan area of Brisbane. Where are you hoping to go to?

Last edited by sue_parker; Aug 13th 2004 at 2:34 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:46 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sue_parker
Hi Honeybob, I believe that nurses are the only occupation on the ministers list for fast tracking. But I believe it has something to do with where you are going to relocate i.e. a designated area where nurses are more in
demand. I am a nurse who has applied for skilled Australian sponsored and hope to go to Kilkoy on the outer metropolitan area of Brisbane. Where are you hoping to go to?

Not correct.

All nurses get priority irrespective of what visa they are applying for.
And since a recent change in policy, all MODL occupations get priority.

And in a *separate* policy, all applications for 'regional' visas get priority, irrespective of occupation.

Jeremy
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future
Smile hello there sue-parker!!!

nice to hear from you.... we are looking to go to the brisbane area also, our friends are wanting to head further down to the gold coast area, because they already have friends out there!!! have never been there, have you, so do worry from time to time what it will be like, but i am willing to live anywhere in oz initially, well kind of! just so want to get there!

are you are nurse?

saying that about the gold coast area, managed to locate like one nursing job advertised... that's a bit worrying...
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smile thanx for the info, feel better already...

thankyou for your info jeremy, much appreciated...

i have applied for my anci documentation, email from the dept. today tells me they are on there way and have been approved suitable, relief! only problem being, due to cutting my hours way down at work to less than 2o hours (march 15th to be exact) have only til beginning of sept to lodge formal application. need one more reference, which i have been assured also is on it's way, and i can send it all off by courier... then i can breath...

one more question you may be able to help me with, sorry!

the IELTS test, if i attended university in england and have provided degree certificates and so on, also covering letter, do i need to sit the test??? DIMIA just informed me to read booklet 6! i have, about 500 times i tell you...

some people say that nurses have gotten in working less than 20 hours per week, but i feel perhaps they just sensed the desperation in my voice.....

thanks for your time, any info is much appreciated, this website is a lifesaver!!!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

sue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: hello there sue-parker!!!

Hi there Honeybob, yes I am a nurse and I have been to Australia a couple of times. I have two sisters over there. One lives in Kilcoy and the other lives in Redcliffe on the Penninsula. Both places are really nice.

I haven't applied for any jobs yet because I know I will get one easily with my skills when I get there. I hate all this waiting around though not knowing what is happening and hoping that I have filled the forms in right.

With regards to confirming English language, I am relying on my studies at the university as proof of my English ability.

Last edited by sue_parker; Aug 13th 2004 at 2:31 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking hi there sue!

cheers for getting back to me sue. can't believe i asked if you were a nurse when you categorically stated so in your first message... i think i go all crazy when i come on here... it's the whole application thing, don't know about you but get all kind of stressed out thinking about it..... find myself constantly on this website, since a friend told me about it, it's like you need reassurance and information from people going through the same process...

as for the english language stipulation, i'm going with you and just relying on my university certificates... even the simplest question on the application form throws me, i read too much into them instead of just chilling out... i haven't lodged my application yet, am hoping to in the next couple of weeks if not sooner... have you lodged yours yet? am i asking a stupid question that u have already answered...

good to hear from you, any info would be so appreciated....
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Red face Re: hi there sue!

Hi Honneybob, know what you mean about the forms I really struggled with them. I put my application in on the 29th July. My credit card has been debited on the 7th August so the forms have arrived in Adelaide. Just a waiting game now.

Thinking of going for my medical and sending it on when I have a file number.
I wonder if we have to have another police check or will Disclosure cover us?

I would like to be out there for christmas if not PR then at least a holiday. Went to Australia in 2002 for two months. It's a brilliant way of life out there. Have you been to Australia?
Old Aug 13th 2004, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking hi sue!

nice to hear from you sue, sorry i haven't got back sooner! incidentally all parker's must be cool, that's my surname too, honestly...

so pleased that you application is lodged, i'm all excited for you! we should keep in touch you know, support each other on... we are hoping to lodge ours in the next couple of weeks, fingers crossed... will keep you informed!

i have never been to australia, embarrased to say, i'm sure alot of people just think i'm insane to sell up, leave a good job and move on, but i'm determined to make it work, i am under no illusion, i know it is going to be difficult initially, however long that lasts....

i may have asked you before, but where exactly are you planning to go...

and can you give me any insight into the spider situation, i am truly terrified of them, so some days just think i am crazy!

hope to speak to you soon sue,

shelley...
Old Aug 13th 2004, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: hi sue!

Hi Honeybob, I hope initially to move to Kilcoy which is on the outer metropolitan area of brisbane, about 50 miles inland. My sister lives there and works at a place called woodford prison (it is a high security male prison) she is a nurse and her husband is a prison officer.

I hve another sister who lives in Redcliffe which is a seaside resort and is really lovely. Will possibly end up moving there because there is more to do for my daughter.

The spiders are not a problem. I have a hell of a lot more in my house than my sisters have and mine are bigger! The redbacks can be a problem but if you don't bother them, they don't bother you. You won't even think about the spiders when you get there because you will be to busy, so don't worry too much.

I would like to keep in touch with you re: our applications.

Sue
Old Aug 14th 2004, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: hi sue!

hi sue, how are you?

we have looked at helensvale, pacific pines and oxenford... don't know if that makes any sense to you, but knowing that you are going to the brisbane area is cool enough for me!

where abouts are you from originally!

and i would love to keep in touch re the applications, you're the first on my buddy list, what an honour!!!!

must be cool having family whom i presume are willing to help out!

i'm going to let our friends do all the ground work, how selfish!

keep in touch, if even for a moan, i'm all ears!

honeybob...
Old Aug 14th 2004, 12:32 am
JAJ
Retired

Default Re: thanx for the info, feel better already...

thankyou for your info jeremy, much appreciated...

i have applied for my anci documentation, email from the dept. today tells me they are on there way and have been approved suitable, relief! only problem being, due to cutting my hours way down at work to less than 2o hours (march 15th to be exact) have only til beginning of sept to lodge formal application. need one more reference, which i have been assured also is on it's way, and i can send it all off by courier... then i can breath...
You do not need work references to lodge your application (although you will need them for visa grant). You may want to consider sending off your application as soon as you have your ANCI assessment, with a cover letter explaining what documentation is to follow.

one more question you may be able to help me with, sorry!

the IELTS test, if i attended university in england and have provided degree certificates and so on, also covering letter, do i need to sit the test??? DIMIA just informed me to read booklet 6! i have, about 500 times i tell you...
If you're British you don't need to sit for the IELTS.

some people say that nurses have gotten in working less than 20 hours per week, but i feel perhaps they just sensed the desperation in my voice.....
DIMIA are quite inflexible on the 20 hours point.

The cases you heard of might have got PR another way, such as employer nomination, where the rules are different. Or they might be on temporary visas and not have PR at all! Never believe things you hear second hand without verification.

You might want to consult with an agent urgently to make sure you don't miss any deadline. I'm sure the forum can provide recommendations.

Jeremy

Last edited by JAJ; Aug 14th 2004 at 1:19 am.
Old Aug 14th 2004, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: thanx for the info, feel better already...

thankyou jeremy, are you married?????

i only have until the 15th of september to lodge my application due to a reduction in work hours, but i'll go for it!

and thankyou, i didn't know i could lodge my application before fully collecting my references, so if they're not back in time, i'll lodge it anyway!

cheers for the info,

honeybob...