Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How long ?? Medicals to getting Confirmation ?

How long ?? Medicals to getting Confirmation ?

Old Aug 14th 2004, 9:11 pm
Now..just your usual Pom

C.Owen is an unknown quantity at this point
Question How long ?? Medicals to getting Confirmation ?

Hi all

Newbie to the board .... Hoping to be Queensland (Sunshine Coast) bound very soon !!!!

First of all must say what a great site, i wish i'd known about this a year and 1/2 ago, it certainly would have answered a lot of my questions ....some very interesting threads, all of which i can relate to during my 18 month long slog, to get to this stage ( this was due to the skills / TRA hassle i had ... but glad to say i got Classification in the end, with some excellent help from an Ozzy based skills assessor) very handy to know different ways of which to achieve getting a TRA ... learnings gladly shared to those who need them.

Q ... We have just had our medicals and they are expected to arrive at DIMIA by courier next Friday ( 3 days after blood test results ).
Does anybody know what the timing is like and what the process of communication is from this point ????

We are going on a 139 ( skilled / sponsored / designated area visa ) and did police checks up front.

How long will it be until we get a response ? i've been told 4 - 5 weeks !!!
is this realistic ?

Will they contact us direct or go through my agent ??

Will they go straight into the assurer bond process or communicate to us first ? , i believe they use a third party now ( Citylink ... if i remember correct ).

Any info at this stage, would be much appreciated .... after 18 months of this process we are pretty burnt out, but keep getting told we are in sight of the finish line !!! ... i won't believe it ...until i see it in black and white, but just hoping it won't be too long now.

Someone please tell us we are as good as there !!!!!

Craig n Corinne
Old Aug 14th 2004, 9:31 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How long ?? Medicals to getting Confirmation ?

Hi Craig n Corinne

Welcome to the site, it is a great one isn't it.

We are also applying for a 139 visa. Our application is being sent by DHL this week, hopefully it will reach DIMIA by Friday, Hubby is 45 on Saturday!!!!!!

Once we know they have the app we will get meds & PCC done and send them on.

Our agent has said 4 - 6 months is a rough guide for the visa but with the new rules with Centrelink taking over the AOS I don't think anyone can be sure. We would love to be out there by Jan 2005. Probably pushing it a bit though.

Good luck with yours

Julia
Old Aug 15th 2004, 1:31 pm
Now..just your usual Pom

C.Owen is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: How long ?? Medicals to getting Confirmation ?

Originally Posted by Springo
Hi Craig n Corinne

Welcome to the site, it is a great one isn't it.

We are also applying for a 139 visa. Our application is being sent by DHL this week, hopefully it will reach DIMIA by Friday, Hubby is 45 on Saturday!!!!!!

Once we know they have the app we will get meds & PCC done and send them on.

Our agent has said 4 - 6 months is a rough guide for the visa but with the new rules with Centrelink taking over the AOS I don't think anyone can be sure. We would love to be out there by Jan 2005. Probably pushing it a bit though.

Good luck with yours

Julia

Hi Julia

Thanks for the reply..... I see your hoping to land in Perth by Jan 05, that's similar timing to what we had in mind all being well with the final stages of the application.

We are heading out to Gympie, Queensland ( where the rely's are )

What is the AOS ???? is this the Assurer Bond side of things ??

I see you have'nt had meds or PCC done yet, do you have a case ref number from reciept of your application ? Once you have this you can load up in advance, and link them to your ref no.

Have you spoken to anybody on here who has had the thumbs up on one of these type of visa's ??? Or is at the same stage of the process ???

I was told by the agent i'm using it should be around 4 - 5 weeks from them atcually recieving the meds !!!! i'm not sure how accurate this is.

How do they let you know if you have been accepted, direct by post or through the agent ?

Are you using and agent or doing it independantly ????

Craig n Corinne