Did I get a wrong advice?

Old Aug 14th 2004, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

SammyFai is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Did I get a wrong advice?

Hi all
I am preparing my documents to apply for ACS RPL, and I came across this form and it said somewhere that a MCSE certification will allow you to apply in the Group B category, now the problem is that I was preparing my application with the help of an online immigration advisors and they specifically told me “ACS will not accept the MCSE as an equivalent degree as it does not meet any of the standards of an Australian degree.�
I delayed the rest of my MCSE exams because of that response and I would rely like to know if what they told me is wrong, appreciate your help.

Sammy
Old Aug 14th 2004, 2:08 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did I get a wrong advice?

Unless ACS have changed the rules very recently (someone like George Lombard will be able to verify) an MCSE is considered by ACS to be equivalent to an Australian *diploma* in IT and hence acceptable for Group B assessment. Six years professional IT experience is also required, but RPL is not necessary.

Jeremy

Originally Posted by SammyFai
Hi all
I am preparing my documents to apply for ACS RPL, and I came across this form and it said somewhere that a MCSE certification will allow you to apply in the Group B category, now the problem is that I was preparing my application with the help of an online immigration advisors and they specifically told me “ACS will not accept the MCSE as an equivalent degree as it does not meet any of the standards of an Australian degree.�
I delayed the rest of my MCSE exams because of that response and I would rely like to know if what they told me is wrong, appreciate your help.

Sammy
Old Aug 14th 2004, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Jeremy, I was told this about 3 month ago, so I guess the advice was wrong all along, I just discovered also that they have made a couple of other mistakes, like they told me that the British Council in my area does not provide the IELTS English exam while after a phone call I found out that they do.
I can’t believe that someone supposedly is a registered consultant with DIMIA and paid for there services will provide such service.
I’m so confused now, I still have 3 exams to pass in order to get my certification, but my RPL application is almost ready, witch one should I go for, witch one has a better chance?
Thanks Again

Sammy
Old Aug 14th 2004, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

That is a decision only you can make. You could try your RPL application continue with you certification as this is good to have anyway, and if unsuccessful try again with MCSE.

Good luck which ever way you go.
Old Aug 14th 2004, 9:44 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SammyFai
Thanks Jeremy, I was told this about 3 month ago, so I guess the advice was wrong all along, I just discovered also that they have made a couple of other mistakes, like they told me that the British Council in my area does not provide the IELTS English exam while after a phone call I found out that they do.
I can’t believe that someone supposedly is a registered consultant with DIMIA and paid for there services will provide such service.
I’m so confused now, I still have 3 exams to pass in order to get my certification, but my RPL application is almost ready, witch one should I go for, witch one has a better chance?
Thanks Again

Sammy
Hi Sammy,

Keep the emails they sent you with the wrong advice. You can raise it with them later and get some sort of a refund, or you could complain to MARA. Jeremy's right that the MCSE is still accepted. Is the same agent helping with your RPL?

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Aug 15th 2004, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Guys
I’m submitting my RPL on my own after I get rid of that agent, and I will hire another agent if I was found suitable by ACS to deal with DIMIA, at least this time I know where to go to.

Sammy