How long does a visa app take?

Old Mar 16th 2010, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

DBinLondon is a name known to allDBinLondon is a name known to allDBinLondon is a name known to allDBinLondon is a name known to allDBinLondon is a name known to allDBinLondon is a name known to allDBinLondon is a name known to allDBinLondon is a name known to allDBinLondon is a name known to allDBinLondon is a name known to allDBinLondon is a name known to all
Default How long does a visa app take?

How long is a piece of string I suppose.

Anyway, we've put our applications in, but because I am an Aussie sponsoring my other half, I need a Police Check. It is the last piece of the puzzle to complete.

Question for you guys that have been before me is - how long did it take you to receive your Visa in your hot little hands?

Reason I ask is we are trying to work out when we can leave the UK? Given that everything bar the Police Check Form has been done, how long do you reckon it would tak to process the Visa app - 2-3 months?
Old Mar 16th 2010, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

paddyb157 will become famous soon enoughpaddyb157 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How long does a visa app take?

What visa specifically are you goiing for?
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You've answered your own question. Everyone is different and what was quick for one was slow by comparison for another. If I said a week, and someone else said 5 months and someone else said a year you'd still be none the wiser. It's an unanswerable question although I've managed a paragraph.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
You've answered your own question. Everyone is different and what was quick for one was slow by comparison for another. If I said a week, and someone else said 5 months and someone else said a year you'd still be none the wiser. It's an unanswerable question although I've managed a paragraph.
Mine took 45 minutes, does that count?
Old Mar 17th 2010, 5:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Mine took 45 minutes, does that count?
Depends on what we're talking about
Old Mar 17th 2010, 7:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Depends on what we're talking about

Prospective Marriage Visa of course - what else?!!

I asked the CO how long i would take and she just answered "As long as it takes to drink a cup of coffee" I thought it was horribly rude of her, I really wanted a nice flowery statement telling me something like how her cat's aunt had died and so that would mean the police clearance was invalid, but she just gave me a straight forward answer. I had to go and have the cup of coffee to get over her rudeness and when I came back she had granted my visa.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 9:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Prospective Marriage Visa of course - what else?!!

I asked the CO how long i would take and she just answered "As long as it takes to drink a cup of coffee" I thought it was horribly rude of her, I really wanted a nice flowery statement telling me something like how her cat's aunt had died and so that would mean the police clearance was invalid, but she just gave me a straight forward answer. I had to go and have the cup of coffee to get over her rudeness and when I came back she had granted my visa.
How rude! And how selfish, she didn't give you time to complain about the length of time it was taking. God, things ain't what they used to be