HELP!!!

Old Mar 16th 2010, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

jonesaaron1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP!!!

hello all

my girlfriend and i are just thinking about moving over to Australia and have not got a clue where to start!

im 24 and she is 21
i work as a plumber but have not got any formal qualifications in it but have 7 years experience.
she is a shares analyst working in london for 3 years

how do we go about starting the process off were are looking at about 2 years time to actually move...

thanks for your help everyone
Old Mar 16th 2010, 5:30 pm
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future
Default Re: HELP!!!

Originally Posted by jonesaaron1
hello all

my girlfriend and i are just thinking about moving over to Australia and have not got a clue where to start!

im 24 and she is 21
i work as a plumber but have not got any formal qualifications in it but have 7 years experience.
she is a shares analyst working in london for 3 years

how do we go about starting the process off were are looking at about 2 years time to actually move...

thanks for your help everyone
Does your partner have formal qualification? It seems like she should have one since shares analyst (equity analyst) is not an easy job to be done without formal qualificatin.

Probably if she applied she should be eligible.

Providing more information about you and your spouse would enable us all to give a better suggestion.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

hey, thanks for speedy reply !

No she only has GSCE's and a diploma in secretary work. her work is to research the trading market and write reports to the large companies to advise them on their shares.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 5:40 pm
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

All that without formal qualification. Wow. I don't think she is then eligible, because her work could come under the umbrella of financial managers or the sort..but that requires formal qualification. With that out of the question..we have you who could try applying as the plumber. But we require someone more experienced in this field.

What I can think of is that you will have to get your skills assessed. You have a trade skill..and TRA assess those.
Try looking at TRA's website about requirement for being suitably assessed as plumbers.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

paddyb157 will become famous soon enoughpaddyb157 will become famous soon enough

Applying to migrate to oz and nominating plumbing as your profession will give you at least a 2 year waiting time before you could get your visa.

Firstly, you should do a points test on the DIAC website as they've made recent changes and will do more in a few months time. So if your are eligible now, then it's best to apply for the visa ASAP incase the cahanges that are made at a later date will make you ineligible.

Do your TRA first. I believe it's called vetassess in the UK.

Good luck with it all.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Also Why would it take so long to get a visa? We do t live together but very commited and been together 3 years will this go against us?