Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How long does it take to get temp spouse visa??????

How long does it take to get temp spouse visa??????

Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

sunnyjojo is an unknown quantity at this point
Post How long does it take to get temp spouse visa??????

Hello all, im new to this but am wanting to know how long it takes from time of application to final approvement of a temporary spouse visa. I went out to Australia last year for 6 months on a working visa and met my current boyfriend and he is now over in the UK visiting me. He's spending over a year here before he goes back and im wanting to migrate there too. I qualify as a nurse in March 2009 and am wanting to know when to start applying, and how long approx it takes to obtain this visa.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanx
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:47 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long does it take to get temp spouse visa??????

Do you mean the Prospective Spouse (Fiancee) visa? You refer to your bloke as your boyfriend so I'm presuming that you're not married yet. Are you planning to marry before you go to Australia?

The Visa process particularly if applying through London doesn't take very long provided you can send in a well documented application, preferably with police checks and medicals frontloaded. My PSV took 2 weeks from submission til approval - although it took quite a few weeks in advance of that to get all the rest of the paperwork together to send in one lovely bundle! Well worth taking the time though to make sure you have everything together.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:34 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Do you mean the Prospective Spouse (Fiancee) visa? You refer to your bloke as your boyfriend so I'm presuming that you're not married yet. Are you planning to marry before you go to Australia?

The Visa process particularly if applying through London doesn't take very long provided you can send in a well documented application, preferably with police checks and medicals frontloaded. My PSV took 2 weeks from submission til approval - although it took quite a few weeks in advance of that to get all the rest of the paperwork together to send in one lovely bundle! Well worth taking the time though to make sure you have everything together.
We did a defacto visa. Took about 6 weeks to put togther app inc medicals and police checks, about 2 weeks to appprove in London.

Your planning ahead is wise. Read the requirement carefully and keep everything! It will make you evidence and submission must less of a pain. I was an Aus living in UK, Job offer in Aus came through and had to move fast. As such had little evidence with OH despite 5 years together as saw no need for much of the stuff they look for.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

sunnyjojo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EvannTel
We did a defacto visa. Took about 6 weeks to put togther app inc medicals and police checks, about 2 weeks to appprove in London.

Your planning ahead is wise. Read the requirement carefully and keep everything! It will make you evidence and submission must less of a pain. I was an Aus living in UK, Job offer in Aus came through and had to move fast. As such had little evidence with OH despite 5 years together as saw no need for much of the stuff they look for.
Thanx for the help i think ill start collecting now. Does it matter that we havent got any joint bank accounts or morgage together?
Old Mar 27th 2008, 7:34 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnyjojo
Thanx for the help i think ill start collecting now. Does it matter that we havent got any joint bank accounts or morgage together?
No we didnt, but if I had my time again I'd get a joint account. One of the criteria as I recall is interdependance and sharing money is a useful way of achieving this. We had seperate accounts but could show a money flow between the two accounts (long story).