Student Visa - Case examples

Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:33 pm
It's meant to be

Copplestone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Student Visa - Case examples

Hi,

I am looking to get feedback from individuals who have embarked to Australia using the student visa option. Had you succeeded and gained PR after finishing your course?
How much did you spend on the course and was it easy at all finding the part time work to survive?

Thank you

NC
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice
Default Re: Student Visa - Case examples

Hi,

We are in Oz now on a student visa, Only into the first semester so still a long way to go.
My husband is studying horticulture and really enjoying it so far, he found a gardening job easily but doesnt always get the full 20 hrs work as he is in college 2 full days and 2 half days, but he normally manages about 15 hrs a week. Its easter hols soon so he will be working full time!
I found work really easily and am doing waitressing in the evenings so it all fits around the kids, I get plenty of hours and plenty of tips too.
We rent a 3 bed 2 bath unit for $220 a week which is actually very cheap for the area we are in.
My son is in pre primary and that costs $5000 per yr and next yr my daughter will start kindy so that will be $2500 per yr.
All in all, its very expensive, the 20 hr work restrictions are not good, and who knows what will happen in 2 yrs time when hes completed the course, but if you dont try you wil be wondering what if for the rest of your life!

Good Luck
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:06 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

I did a post-grad degree (PhD - 3.5 years at $22000 per year = $77000 all up!) managed to get a bursary and a scholarship otherwise I wouldn't have done it. I got PR in October 2007. I worked the whole time (tutoring and other casual work) and survived pretty well - but I was alone, no partner or kids so it was a bit easier for me!

Good luck.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

justgoogleit is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your replies.