Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How do I scan multiple pages of a letter into one document?

How do I scan multiple pages of a letter into one document?

Old May 13th 2008, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Milley will become famous soon enough
Default How do I scan multiple pages of a letter into one document?

I have a reference letter form my employer and I want to combine the multiple scanned PDF pages into one PDF file. How do I do that? (I only have Acrobat Reader unfortunately)
Old May 13th 2008, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

heg3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How do I scan multiple pages of a letter into one document?

Hi, as they're pdfs the only way I can think of is to open the file, making sure you can see the whole page then use alt-printscreen, which copies whatever is on the screen, then open a new photoshop document or any image editing program, and paste it in. Then obviously you would crop the image and save it as a jpg. Do this with each pdf. Now open MS Word and use insert/picture/from file, and just insert all the images one by one.

If you had the original letter you could scan each page to a jpg.

Hope this helps - I know you want to keep the number of files down to a minimum.
Old May 13th 2008, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

On my scanner, you can feed the whole document into the top and it takes a page at a time and scans it, then puts all the pages into one document.

But if yours doesn't do this (and before I realised mine did ) you can download a trial version of Adobe Acrobat and create one document from single scans.
Old May 13th 2008, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Milley will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by xzibit
On my scanner, you can feed the whole document into the top and it takes a page at a time and scans it, then puts all the pages into one document.

But if yours doesn't do this (and before I realised mine did ) you can download a trial version of Adobe Acrobat and create one document from single scans.
Thanks so much!!!!! I also only realised our scanner accepts more than one page when you mentioned it!
Old May 13th 2008, 1:59 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heg3
Hi, as they're pdfs the only way I can think of is to open the file, making sure you can see the whole page then use alt-printscreen, which copies whatever is on the screen, then open a new photoshop document or any image editing program, and paste it in. Then obviously you would crop the image and save it as a jpg. Do this with each pdf. Now open MS Word and use insert/picture/from file, and just insert all the images one by one.

If you had the original letter you could scan each page to a jpg.

Hope this helps - I know you want to keep the number of files down to a minimum.
Whoa, if I tried, I could not have thought of a more complicated way to do this. Actually there is a bunch of software on the web to do just that, some free, some attracts a nominal fee. Google on the "merge PDF" and s@#$load of links come up. Here is one, works perfect but adds a "watermark" if unregistered, costs 27 US Dollars (2 mods: please do not treat this as advertising, I have no connection to them whatsoever).
http://www.a-pdf.com/merger/

NJ