Starting out on this scary journey

Old May 13th 2008, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

lucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nice
Red face Starting out on this scary journey

HI to you all. Any help would be great. I'm at the beginning of what may turn out to be a very short journey. Im trying to match what i do with a job on the SOL for Australia. Im finding it difficult as my job has a long winded title 'client support & information management assistant' my OH is a 'problem manager' obviously these jobs aren't on the SOL but an agent recommended 'project or program administrator he read out the criterion and it sounded fairly positive. does anyone know if/where i can get the ASCO code job criterion? i know its not looking good but i have a 10 week old who needs to be in a safe and beautiful environment. my mum and dad are Oz citizens who can sponsor and live in an ok zone (canberra). does anyone have any suggestions as to where i should start. both my partner and i have degrees and i also have a diploma in holistic therapeutic massage. i get the impression (possible wrongly) the agents want to only deal with people who's job titles are straight forward i.e. hairdresser, office manager etc. or am i just kidding myself?

Last edited by lucierainbow; May 13th 2008 at 12:54 pm. Reason: gramatical mistake
Old May 13th 2008, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

rushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to all
Default Re: Starting out on this scary journey

ASCO job descriptions can be found here:

http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/[email protected]

Good luck
Old May 13th 2008, 12:55 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE

Here is the official DIAC Skilled Occupation List (SOL) with ASCO codes for each job listed:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf

Good luck with everything,
Beth x x
Old May 13th 2008, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

lucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nice

Originally Posted by rushmere
ASCO job descriptions can be found here:

http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/[email protected]

Good luck
rushmere.thank you so much for that web link i've been looking for a website like this for a while now.
Cheers
Old May 13th 2008, 2:06 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucierainbow
HI to you all. Any help would be great. I'm at the beginning of what may turn out to be a very short journey. Im trying to match what i do with a job on the SOL for Australia. Im finding it difficult as my job has a long winded title 'client support & information management assistant' my OH is a 'problem manager' obviously these jobs aren't on the SOL but an agent recommended 'project or program administrator he read out the criterion and it sounded fairly positive. does anyone know if/where i can get the ASCO code job criterion? i know its not looking good but i have a 10 week old who needs to be in a safe and beautiful environment. my mum and dad are Oz citizens who can sponsor and live in an ok zone (canberra). does anyone have any suggestions as to where i should start. both my partner and i have degrees and i also have a diploma in holistic therapeutic massage. i get the impression (possible wrongly) the agents want to only deal with people who's job titles are straight forward i.e. hairdresser, office manager etc. or am i just kidding myself?
If you have degrees you may be closer to a visa strategy than you think. I say this as securing a positive skills assessment classification from VETASSESS in any 50 point occupation "simply" requires having a qualification that is assessed as equivalent to an Australian degree - even if (perhaps suprisingly) your degree is in an entirely different subject to the occupation you nominate.

With sponsorship from your parents you may then be able to look at a subclass 176 Skilled Sponsored visa application, or (less preferably) a subclass 475 Skilled Regional Sponsored visa.

The key to this strategy will be ensuring your recent work experience is indeed in a skilled occupation to the satisfaction of a DIAC case officer, which means employment references/duty statements will need to be good.

Descriptors for all the ASCO Codes can be found by typing the ASCO Code into the Search box at this website:
www.abs.gov.au

If you would like to discuss further please feel able to telephone our office in Southampton: http://www.gomatilda.com/contact.cfm#ouroffices

I would ask for John Sylvester.

Hope this helps.
Old May 13th 2008, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Bigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really niceBigaitch is just really nice

Hello Lucierainbow. Good luck with your efforts, stick with it. I note that Alan has posted in the thread. He guided our migration progress and did a great job. We live in a high risk country and my wife, who was the main applicant, also ran her own business (self employed) ... all this made the application a little more complicated. But we have our visas and look forward to a great future in Australia.
Cheers,
H.
Old May 13th 2008, 3:02 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

We also used Alan with 'Go Matilda'........got our visas now too
Beth x x