How did you choose your migration agent?

Old Feb 27th 2007, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future
Default How did you choose your migration agent?

Hi everyone,
I'm writing an article on choosing migration agents and I wondered what it was that swayed most of you on making your decision. I know that when we choose Go Matila, who were fabulous, it was just really based on recommendations and feeling comfortable with the company. Anyone else know what made them choose their particular agent and any advice to others on choosing one.
Thanks in advance for all the help.
Tracy
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:18 am
tin
Brisbane bound

tin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How did you choose your migration agent?

We chose George Lombard because of recommendations on this site, and the fact that he helps people in the immigration forum. For that reason and the fact that he seemed very knowledgeable in his posts we went with him and had no regrets

Martyn
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:16 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tin
We chose George Lombard because of recommendations on this site, and the fact that he helps people in the immigration forum. For that reason and the fact that he seemed very knowledgeable in his posts we went with him and had no regrets

Martyn
Hi All,
We choose Visa-Go because of a few things one was the fact we could vist them in Liverpool or Edinburgh(Much better to get to. Most companies are in London and the south) They are a small company Husband and wife plus one more member of staff. So you know you will not get passed over to somebody else. And they also put the costings down well not like some who give you a approx figure. I will post more once we have got our Visa about them but upto now they have been superb. Called them lots of time and always very polite and knowledgeable.
Gary Vikky
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:23 am
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of

Hi
We also are using Darren Chat at Visa go Edinburgh, been great and very patient almost every time we have called been able to talk to Darren or his wife. Having that personnel contact is just great.
Anne

We are just getting impatient with our CO... Poor Darren is the one that is having to put up with us moaning and of course all other BE members
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:25 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

We chose www.ianharrop.co.uk because he was the only agent we spoke to, and we spoke to a fair few, who told my Husband that he was entitled to citizenship by decsent!!
Won't name the other agents but they all had the same information as Ian Harrop but none of them suggested the citizenship option, in fact one company suggested we apply for a temp student visa!!!
Hooray for Ian Harrop!!! C x
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:32 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AVW
Hi
We also are using Darren Chat at Visa go Edinburgh, been great and very patient almost every time we have called been able to talk to Darren or his wife. Having that personnel contact is just great.
Anne

We are just getting impatient with our CO... Poor Darren is the one that is having to put up with us moaning and of course all other BE members
Hi,
I think Darren and his wife will be the same with me, Applied for a spouse visa and it seems like ages that Darren has had all our forms.(Only been a week) Can't expect them to be done in a day he needs to check things over. (Just me being impatiant) Also they have had the shows in Edinburgh to goto.
Just its such a wierd time thinking am I going to get the visa? Need to plan the next stage of me and my lovely Aussie wife's life.
Keep in touch Brissiebound. Will let you know when/if we get our Visa. We are going to pop up to Edinburgh if we have get it and give Deanne some flowers she has been lovely.
Gary Vikky
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:44 am

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tin

Martyn

same here and he has a wicked sense of humour and treated us like individuals, not just figures on a bank statement
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

We chose Go Matilda after reading recommendations on here and reading posts from Alan Collett who owns it. They were very helpful with our initial enquiries and told us straight away how much it would all cost which we didn't get from some of the others that we spoke to. We are only right at the beginning of the process but so far we can't fault them.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:48 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Hi All,
We choose Visa-Go because of a few things one was the fact we could vist them in Liverpool or Edinburgh(Much better to get to. Most companies are in London and the south) They are a small company Husband and wife plus one more member of staff. So you know you will not get passed over to somebody else. And they also put the costings down well not like some who give you a approx figure. I will post more once we have got our Visa about them but upto now they have been superb. Called them lots of time and always very polite and knowledgeable.
Gary Vikky
The excelent Darrell @ thinkingaustralia.com
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:58 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

We looked at the list of recommended agents on the aus immigration site and from those chose the nearest to us and then emailed them all, asking for advice. Some of them didnt even respond and from the ones who did, we spoke to them and made our decision based on "gut feeling".

To be honest I dont think I would use one if I had my time again but not because they did anything wrong, only because our appication was very straightforward and we could have saved the money!!!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:12 am
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Hi,
I think Darren and his wife will be the same with me, Applied for a spouse visa and it seems like ages that Darren has had all our forms.(Only been a week) Can't expect them to be done in a day he needs to check things over. (Just me being impatiant) Also they have had the shows in Edinburgh to goto.
Just its such a wierd time thinking am I going to get the visa? Need to plan the next stage of me and my lovely Aussie wife's life.
Keep in touch Brissiebound. Will let you know when/if we get our Visa. We are going to pop up to Edinburgh if we have get it and give Deanne some flowers she has been lovely.
Gary Vikky
Hi
Will keep in touch, Good Luck
Anne
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:36 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

The best response we had to our enquiries was from Go Matilda. They replied straight away on the Sunday we sent the email. Price was competitive and instilled confidence so decided to go with them and havent regretted it.