Holiday Visa question.

Old Oct 9th 2008, 3:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Holiday Visa question.

What are the requirements needed for ticket purchase on a 3 month Holiday Visa. I thought one had to have a return ticket, IE: proof of return to the UK before the Aus Authorities would let a person from the UK visit/enter here.

If thats not the case then would proof of funds be required.

Theres a hell of a long story behind this question. One of the Women where I work is having hell with her Aussie daughters UK defacto... apparently he arrived without a cent to his name.. after she bought him the one way ticket.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 3:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday Visa question.

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
What are the requirements needed for ticket purchase on a 3 month Holiday Visa. I thought one had to have a return ticket, IE: proof of return to the UK before the Aus Authorities would let a person from the UK visit/enter here.

If thats not the case then would proof of funds be required.

Theres a hell of a long story behind this question. One of the Women where I work is having hell with her Aussie daughters UK defacto... apparently he arrived without a cent to his name.. after she bought him the one way ticket.
I dont know what the official line is, but one of my brothers, got a grilling over what his UK occupation was and needed proof of funds etc, as he had just flown in business class I dont think the immigration officer was exactly sherlock holmes

The other brother a teacher came through without proof of anything. Just asked why he was here, holiday, seeing sister no probs.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 3:45 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

LOL - hate to say it but if I were an immigration officer I'd be more than a little suspicious. Defacto on a one way with no cash..I'm here on holiday I am...
Old Oct 9th 2008, 3:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
LOL - hate to say it but if I were an immigration officer I'd be more than a little suspicious. Defacto on a one way with no cash..I'm here on holiday I am...
Yes two kids as well one born in the UK, and one here about 3 weeks ago, thats why the Parents bought the ticket.

So is it possible to get in on a one way ticket, with no funds to ones name. ?

I dont want this thread to turn into a soap opera but the more that gets revealed the more it will seem like a scene from a comedy.

I dont think the MiL likes this bloke very much, so I may be getting a tainted view of him.

I do know the bloke is working cash in hand. Which the MiL is likely to dob him in... seems to me though she is complaining when he is trying to do the right thing (although outside of the law)

There are also major issues to do with UK family allowance and supposed trust funds in the UK.

Can people set up funds where the parents cannot touch the money, and the government just pay the funds into an account in the UK, until said child is 18.... obviously those entitlements will have stopped with the mother now in Aus... but will that "trust account" still exist and not be available to the Father ?
Old Oct 9th 2008, 3:54 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Return ticket is not legally mandatory, however tourists must be "genuine visitors" and Immigration can refuse entry on this basis. Not having a return ticket without good reason is asking for trouble.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 4:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JAJ
Return ticket is not legally mandatory, however tourists must be "genuine visitors" and Immigration can refuse entry on this basis. Not having a return ticket without good reason is asking for trouble.
If push comes to shove, and the Authorities to catch up with him, would they deport him, even though he is the Father of two Aus (maternal) kids, one born in Aus.

Although by the sounds of this bloke (Going on what I've been told) he will go back as I dont think he wants the responsbility of two kids.

Also do visa breaking UK people ever end up in detention centres, or are they deported really quickly instead ?
Old Oct 9th 2008, 4:19 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, if push comes to shove and the authorities catch up with him he could be deported, father of 2 Aussie children or not. He's here without the proper visa, working. As you have already acknowledged, he's breaking the law by working on a tourist visa. And again, yes, UK people do end up in immigration detention centres while awaiting deportation.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 4:24 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

There is a distinction between being "removed" and "deported" from Australia.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 5:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Yes, if push comes to shove and the authorities catch up with him he could be deported, father of 2 Aussie children or not. He's here without the proper visa, working. As you have already acknowledged, he's breaking the law by working on a tourist visa. And again, yes, UK people do end up in immigration detention centres while awaiting deportation.
I've never heard of that Dorothy, I thought it was straight down the Airport and on the next plane, and in a holding cell at the Airport. BTW whats the distinction JAJ ?

This fellow I'm talking about sounds like a mini Frank Gallagher, gets up and goes straight to the outside fridge and grabs a beer... circa 11am.

Worked 3 days, got a blister and hasnt been back, but figured it flared up an old soccer injury, and wanted his Defacto FiL to call him an Ambulance.

Like I said it's comical stuff.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 9th 2008 at 5:56 am.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I've never heard of that Dorothy, I thought it was straight down the Airport and on the next plane, and in a holding cell at the Airport. BTW whats the distinction JAJ ?

This fellow I'm talking about sounds like a mini Frank Gallagher, gets up and goes straight to the outside fridge and grabs a beer... circa 11am.

Worked 3 days, got a blister and hasnt been back, but figured it flared up an old soccer injury, and wanted his Defacto FiL to call him an Ambulance.

Somewhere on here there is a thread to which Jeremy contributed, where it seemed that being the father of Aussie kids a person could probably manage to convert to the correct visa and not get deported. I think it wa ssomething to do with a temp spouse and relationship breakdown.
I'll have a look, but no promises........

I would recommend ringing someone like Mr Lombard and see what he thinks.......
Old Oct 9th 2008, 9:18 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Mate of mine overstayed , went to police station holding cell, court cell , Long Bay prison for 6 months, then villawood ,then airport, then Blackpool.

The lesson is folks don't hold stuff for people, if you don't know what it is.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 3:10 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

If there is no flight available to send him back then he'll have to wait somewhere. And if he fights extradition he'll have to be held somewhere. One would assume that immigration detention would be the logical place.