Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Holiday to Oz when Permanent Visa already Validated

Holiday to Oz when Permanent Visa already Validated

Old Feb 28th 2007, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Ozbound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Holiday to Oz when Permanent Visa already Validated

Does anybody know how easy it is to have a holiday in Oz and return back to the UK once a Permanent Visa has been validated?

We validated our PR Visa during our last Oz holiday to meet the deadline for doing so but have not yet moved over, and I seem to believe that once this has been done if you step back into Oz, for whatever reason, you have to go through some sort of process to be able to leave and return back again?

Hope this question makes sense - any help would be very gratefully received as we are desperate to have a final reccie prior to the big move !
Old Feb 28th 2007, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday to Oz when Permanent Visa already Validated

As long as your visa was granted less than 5 years ago, you can come and go as you please.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Munchmel will become famous soon enough

Mine has a must not arrive after date (Aug 09), multiple travel. I think after Aug 09 I will need to get a residents return visa to re-enter Australia. Thats if I haven't managed to gain citizenship (2 or 4 years )

Mel
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:00 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Munchmel
Mine has a must not arrive after date (Aug 09), multiple travel. I think after Aug 09 I will need to get a residents return visa to re-enter Australia. Thats if I haven't managed to gain citizenship (2 or 4 years )

Mel
No. You have until 9th August to make your initial entry to Australia. If you do not validate before 9th August your visa becomes invalid. If you do validate, then you have 5 years to come and go from Australia as you please. At the end of 5 years (your visa sticker will have a date on it), you will either need to be a citizen of Australia or obtain a return resident visa if you want to leave and come back again.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:50 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
No. You have until 9th August to make your initial entry to Australia. If you do not validate before 9th August your visa becomes invalid. If you do validate, then you have 5 years to come and go from Australia as you please. At the end of 5 years (your visa sticker will have a date on it), you will either need to be a citizen of Australia or obtain a return resident visa if you want to leave and come back again.
I think Munchmel's travel facility ends in Aug 2009. The initial entry date is a condition that doesn't have the same wording as the one that Munchmel wrote here.

So Munchmel will need an RRV or citizenship after Aug 2009 to travel as a permanent resident/citizen after that.

Peter
Old Mar 1st 2007, 6:35 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ptlabs
I think Munchmel's travel facility ends in Aug 2009. The initial entry date is a condition that doesn't have the same wording as the one that Munchmel wrote here.

So Munchmel will need an RRV or citizenship after Aug 2009 to travel as a permanent resident/citizen after that.

Peter
Ah, sorry. I misread it.