HELP !!!! Visa Cancelled

Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

flowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to all
Default Re: HELP !!!! Visa Cancelled

What would happen if they had already arrived in Oz !!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Apparently they would be put on next plane.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:35 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by suesk
I agree. I think the visa can be cancelled at any time if it is found out that it was a fraudulent application.

I don't think there's much they could do if you had citizenship though... although I could be wrong about that???
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:52 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suesk
No, If you are in Australia you have to be given notification of cancellation (Migration Act 1958 S119) and time to respond to the proposed cancellation but if you are outside of Australia your visa can just be cancelled under S128 if DIAC deems there to be sufficient reason.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

flowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to all

But how would they know where you were ?????
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:58 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flowergal
But how would they know where you were ?????
Via the backend of APS DIAC know whether you are inside or outside of the country. When you passport is swiped at customs it tells the DIAC computer that the visa holder is entering or exiting Australia
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Your visa and passport are also linked up to your Medicare account. I think, but am happy to be proved wrong, that if you get citizenship and then are found to have lied/defaulted etc your citizenship can be revoked and you are sent back to your original nation.

I can't imagine that the OP's case is going to be sorted in a couple of days, especially with them in the UK and with no agent, so we're not going to hear anything for a while, other than more supposition
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Well I wish them all the best, and fingers crossed they ll get this sorted soon.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

suziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nice

we hope that this gets sorted out quickly and i agree with others get an agent to help you
good luck wishes are sent to you
xx
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

toughspiders will become famous soon enoughtoughspiders will become famous soon enough

You're probably all going to shout at me and say im heartless!

BUT

How do we know all this is true?

If so what circumstances would allow immigration to totally revoke your visa WITHOUT giving you a chance to put your side forward?

If it is true and a result of a malicious act, then i wish them well,, but otherwise im taking it with a pinch of salt unless verified

sorry to be so blunt

Bex
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

layla950 will become famous soon enoughlayla950 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by toughspiders
You're probably all going to shout at me and say im heartless!

BUT

How do we know all this is true?

If so what circumstances would allow immigration to totally revoke your visa WITHOUT giving you a chance to put your side forward?

If it is true and a result of a malicious act, then i wish them well,, but otherwise im taking it with a pinch of salt unless verified

sorry to be so blunt

Bex
Dont think anyone will say you are heartless. They will probably just ask you to read all of the posts on this thread before commenting.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

This was their first post??? visa cancelled, and they have not taken the advice of pretty much every reputable agent and experienced posters on here who have repeatedly advised them to consult an agent immediately,and also they reply to DIAC without proffesional help and advice??.........all seems a bit fishy to me!!

if and I stress if its a dodgy application then I have no sympathy but if its genuine and a bitter ex or something stirring the pot up you have my every sympathy, Good luck anyway.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

toughspiders will become famous soon enoughtoughspiders will become famous soon enough

Thankyou Baby boo - im glad i am not the only one.

I realised it was their first post also. I have read all the posts on the thread.

I am NOT saying it isnt true....what i am saying is there is a lot missing as well.

Could be a ploy to stop people trying to pull the wool over immigrations eyes.

I cannot see them revoking a visa WITHOUT VERY STRONG EVIDENCE. If it went to court on an appeal (not sure if a viable option) it could cost an awful lot of money if they lost.

If it is true (and i am not saying it isn't) and they have been dealt a rotten blow, then i wish them all the best.

They came on here asking for advice.....got it from many people....who told them to consult an expert....and have they?

Bex
x
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by toughspiders
Thankyou Baby boo - im glad i am not the only one.

I realised it was their first post also. I have read all the posts on the thread.

They came on here asking for advice.....got it from many people....who told them to consult an expert....and have they?

Bex
x

Thats what I mean too, They have been given heaps of advice by some great agents, mods and posters and done the total opposite, strange post but if genuine and a genuine visa application ruined by a spiteful ex or something then I hope they get it sorted out.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

layla950 will become famous soon enoughlayla950 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by babyboo2101
Thats what I mean too, They have been given heaps of advice by some great agents, mods and posters and done the total opposite, strange post but if genuine and a genuine visa application ruined by a spiteful ex or something then I hope they get it sorted out.

Well it has been over a week since she posted. I guess i am inclined to give her the benifit of the doubt.
We dont really know that she hasn't contacted an agent just because she hasn't come on here to tell all of us. But that does not mean she is not reading the posts on this thread. All of her posts came in over just a couple of days. All but one i think on the day this terrible thing happened.
Really hope things are on the way to being sorted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.