HELP!! Visa Advice Required Urgently

Old Aug 11th 2011, 5:16 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP!! Visa Advice Required Urgently

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
Roger was being absolutely correct. A Building Services Engineer is not the same thing at all. I can see why the OP may have considered Mechanical Engineer to be a close fit but the comparison is not really valid.
Hi Hoofie,

It depends on how you slice up the engineering cake. Interesting that the ANZSCO does include HVAC people under "mechanical engineers", see http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]+Engineers .

I think though if you're assessed in an occupation which is not on the skilled occupation list then you can't go ahead and lodge an application, ie the assessed occupation and the visa application nominated occupation have to match, code for code and word for word.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Aug 11th 2011, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

emonje is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
Roger was being absolutely correct. A Building Services Engineer is not the same thing at all. I can see why the OP may have considered Mechanical Engineer to be a close fit but the comparison is not really valid.
May be off topic but hope it shades some light on the issue:

I'm a graduate mechanical engineer & have been working with a title "Assistant Engineer" for seven years. As I setup & run metal-wroking machines directly myself a good part of my working hours, my occupation was assessed as "Metal Machinist (First Class)" by the TRA. It was not easy & the assessor was very thorough to pin point exactly where my work fits in.

I applied as "Metal Machinist (First Class)" for 176 visa back in December 2009.

No problem until my CO called some admin guy here who doesn't have much idea about what I do & told that I'm "Assistant Engineer" & not "Metal Machinist". But that's another story.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 6:25 am
Just Joined

diadeline is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,
I'm new here
I've been recently refused 176 visa based on the fact that I do not meet the work experience critera. Due to a misformulation of the reference letter inluded in the application, the Case Officer didnt considered my tasks as being accountant specific tasks. Below is the part of the reference letter which specifies these tasks:

Diana Maria’s main responsibilities include, but are not restricted to the following:
 Bookkeeper
• Prepare profit and loss statements, monthly and annual closing and cost accounting reports.
• Organizing reports and maintain a record of the employee wages and loans.
• Handle complete books of accounts independently including books of cash transaction, bank reconciliation, inventory and stocktaking.
 Data entry
• Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company's automated financial systems using accounting specific software.
• Recommend, develop and maintain financial data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
 Financial advisor

• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
• Analyze financial statements and reports and provide financial advise to the owners and Management of the Company.
 Accounts clerk
• Prints daily accounts payable checks and inserts checks and invoices into envelopes for mailing.
• Prepares requisitions for office, computer, and routine supply purchases.
• Assumes responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving (or properly referring) accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
 Office administration
• Schedule client appointments and maintain up-to-date confidential client files.
• Perform general office duties and administrative tasks.
• Manage the internal and external mail functions.
• Provide telephone support.

Without asking for further evidence of my position, the case officer refused my visa....

He didnt even taken into account the positive assessment received from ICAA nor the sponsorship from WA received for the occupation of accountant.

If anyone could give an advise as to what should I do next, it will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
Old Oct 7th 2011, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diadeline
Hello everyone,
I'm new here
I've been recently refused 176 visa based on the fact that I do not meet the work experience critera. Due to a misformulation of the reference letter inluded in the application, the Case Officer didnt considered my tasks as being accountant specific tasks. Below is the part of the reference letter which specifies these tasks:

Diana Maria’s main responsibilities include, but are not restricted to the following:
 Bookkeeper
• Prepare profit and loss statements, monthly and annual closing and cost accounting reports.
• Organizing reports and maintain a record of the employee wages and loans.
• Handle complete books of accounts independently including books of cash transaction, bank reconciliation, inventory and stocktaking.
 Data entry
• Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company's automated financial systems using accounting specific software.
• Recommend, develop and maintain financial data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
 Financial advisor

• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
• Analyze financial statements and reports and provide financial advise to the owners and Management of the Company.
 Accounts clerk
• Prints daily accounts payable checks and inserts checks and invoices into envelopes for mailing.
• Prepares requisitions for office, computer, and routine supply purchases.
• Assumes responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving (or properly referring) accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
 Office administration
• Schedule client appointments and maintain up-to-date confidential client files.
• Perform general office duties and administrative tasks.
• Manage the internal and external mail functions.
• Provide telephone support.

Without asking for further evidence of my position, the case officer refused my visa....

He didnt even taken into account the positive assessment received from ICAA nor the sponsorship from WA received for the occupation of accountant.

If anyone could give an advise as to what should I do next, it will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
First tip, start your own thread for a new unrelated query

Re your visa, I don't think there is anything you can do next.

The ICAA skills assessment judges what exams you have taken but does not consider work experience, somebody could study full time but not work a day in their life but still pass accountant skills assessment.

It is necessary to be able to back up your skills assessment with relevant work experience but your duties do not fit with the duties of an accountant.

Last edited by Bermudashorts; Oct 7th 2011 at 7:17 am. Reason: sp